Suggestion: Generic Equipment

• Suggestion: Generic Equipment

So I've noticed that I build a lot of decks in PVE that don't always fill all my equipment slots because either there is no equipment available for any of the cards in my deck for a specific slot or I just don't own it yet. It would be nice if there was a generic set of equipment that can be used for those cases where you can't fill every slot. Some examples would be like gloves that would give your champ a 1-shot draw ability or a chest that gives you 1 armor. Thoughts?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Styk ().

• I like the Idea of generic equipment, but not just as fillers, even though they would most times fill.
      Just have equips that will always give you a bonus no matter wether you draw the fitting car, but they would have to loose some power for that consistency. They wouldnt even have to be super generic, maybe even something like your Baa have +1/+1 (as long as we dont have that many of them).

While we are at the topic I would also love to see some equip that only certain classes or races could use. No matter wether for cards or for the champion itself.
      Maybe even some equip for mercs that improve their special ability.
      Like maybe a Vampire Cloak for Count Davian that reduces his healthloss to 1 per turn.
    • The only issue I see with it is in comparison to other armor.

Hard to balance is right.

+1 to armor is on the level of a hero talent, far and away better than any but the very best equipment, pretty much.

I do like the idea of equipment affecting multiple cards, though, to help get more use out of standard equipment.
    • I wouldn't be surprised if the engine doesn't handle this. Equipment more or less modifies the "definition" of a card, since it affects created cards too.

On just a balance level, the equipment would have to have such tiny bonuses since an always on power is quite strong compared to one dependent on drawing a specific card.

I think a better solution would be to provide something small for having empty slots. Off the top of my head example:

2 empty slots: One extra free mulligan
      4 empty slots: A random card in your starting hand gets cost -1
      6 empty slots: You always go first

But even those might be too much since I can think of a few decks where I'd rather just go first than just about anything else.
    • Galliard wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the engine doesn't handle this. Equipment more or less modifies the "definition" of a card, since it affects created cards too.

On just a balance level, the equipment would have to have such tiny bonuses since an always on power is quite strong compared to one dependent on drawing a specific card.

I think a better solution would be to provide something small for having empty slots. Off the top of my head example:

2 empty slots: One extra free mulligan
      4 empty slots: A random card in your starting hand gets cost -1
      6 empty slots: You always go first

But even those might be too much since I can think of a few decks where I'd rather just go first than just about anything else.
      Since champions are cards too, their engine could modify the champion to have additional text.

But ya, I agree. Generic equipment is an interesting concept, but it would have to be trivial.

The empty slot thing could be as simple as 'for every empty slot, choose one of the following at random: 4 random cards in your deck get +1 defense, one random card in your hand gets cost -1, 2 random cards in your deck get 'draw a card', 2 random resources in your hand gets 'gain 2 health'' or something like that.

That way the bonus exists, but is not something you'd likely actively seek since it's too random to be a reliable benefit.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Cerulean wrote:

I think the best way to handle it was mentioned above, have equipment affect multiple cards. So you could either include them all for synergy, or simply include more equipment because more of it is valid.
      I'd bet real money that their back-end system has a one-to-many relationship for cards to equipment.

Eraia wrote:

Since champions are cards too, their engine could modify the champion to have additional text.
      Hmm, that's possible. There would still be the issue that it would most likely have to modify a specific champion.
    • I totally agree balance is key. The whole +1 armor was just quick off the top of my head. Maybe they could be mid to high cost 1-shot abilities. So the +1 armor instead could be a 1-shot for a single turn. Really they could all be extremely trivial but it would still feel better than having empty slots. I guess the implementation then would really depend on if the back end could support it.
    • Here is my idea for this type of set:

Head slot: Sudden Flare - The first time in the match you use a new type of resource by any means causes a copy of that resource to be created and used in the same way.
      Body slot: Corrupt Deal - Each constant you control has "You put a random card from your void into your deck and lose 1 health at the start of each of your standby phases."
      Gloves slot: Crazy Touch - Artifacts that start in your deck have " [ONESHOT] Look at cards from your deck up to the cost of this card in amount. Than put an artifact of your choice from among them in your hand and the rest into your void."
      Legs slot: Greedy Extension - Any action you play has you drawing cards = the number of times you played actions this game in addition to its other effects.
      Feet slot: Early Push - Any troops that are in your opening hand have [SPEED] .
      Weapon slot: Transfer Rod - Move an ability from a card set with 1 name in your deck to a card set with a different name in your deck before the start of the game. Any shift ability and ability it shifts are moved together by this method. The new target must be valid for the ability that is moved.
      Consumable slot: Second Wind - Take 1 of these to use your charge power again in the turn so long as you have the charges to pay for it.