A Feasible Way To Start Rebuilding Hex

• A Feasible Way To Start Rebuilding Hex

Heya Hex Community and Staff,

We as a player community can't speak for Hex's financial circumstances, but I think that we all (Hex Player-base) may be able to agree on the concern of elevated communication with the Hex clientele.

"82% of people don’t trust business leaders to tell the truth." -Edleman's Trust Barometer for 2013

"No longer can leaders announce initiatives expecting quick staff alignment, use organizational spin to effectively calm rumors, or ASSUME ONE-WAY communication will fuel results."

"There is no “s” at the end of “communication.” When leaders think communication, many think about the methods by which information is shared rather than honest dialogue and understanding.
      Elevated communication is well-intentioned, selfless, and other-focused. It enables–not inhibits–others. It breaks through the noise and builds trust."

"Elevated communication includes everything from the art of asking the right questions to thoughtful transparency, and it’s grounded in authenticity, compassion, integrity, and intention."

"Starting and maintaining a dialogue with people you work with [(or create games for)] builds trust. It involves a mindful exchange without preconceived agendas. Dialogue is a way of hearing and contributing to a collective wisdom without judgment, a need to win, or a desire to believe you have the answer. In some ways, it’s about thinking together and, in doing so, opening oneself to new possibilities and new voices."

Every above quote was procured from an article I found online. I believe that this set of suggestions is definitely ONE of the critical improvements that Hex currently needs for the near-future!

To the Hex Staff - rather than rushing to delete this, what may seem to you a superfluous, unproductive, or even threatening thread, perhaps you could leave it up for a hot-minute and observe whether your remaining player-base agrees with it or not...just a thought. :thumbup:

BTW - This thread and past threads I've written that were deleted (for whatever unclear reason) are, and were, posted in GOOD FAITH for Hex's future!! :D Thanks!
    • I've been playing hex from the early days of set 1 and I must say that keeping everyone happy is a difficult task. Firstly getting players into any new TCG or MMO is tough.
      A TCG unlike other video games requires time and dedication. It therefore means that most of the time one has to attract players from established tcg's eg mtg. Then hex makes a detailed and involved game in the direction of mtg rather than hearthstone which I really appreciated however if the truth be told, a dumbed down tcg like hearthstone is going to attract more players. Also this was done with limited resources from the start. Hearthstone had the blizzard machinery behind it and its lore used an established Warcraft IP whereas entrath was a new world. The direction doing of doing PVP and PVE was certainly brave with a limited resource pool especially since we can see how player camps developed and various camps would lobby for development to go in one direction or another. I also point out that it proved impossible to please all these camps. I remember many free to play players screaming for a ladder and then others complaining about the ladder, its system and asking for gauntlet back. Whilst many say that listening to your market is important it also leads to fragmentation of effort, focus and resources when there are many competing needs from your market.
      I also think Hex moved too fast with cards and sets. I remember set 1 - there was a WOW factor to a vampire king or angel of dawn. With so many sets coming fast and furious and power creep inevitably setting in, those set 1 cards are sad obscure parts of a digital collection which won't be utilised again. They just remind me of some games I played long ago.

With all of that said, I really am hoping that Hex does not die. I've enjoyed playing the game these last few years and will hang on to my collection to the end.
    • What do you mean, does not die? It's already well and truly fucking dead. They just haven't admitted it or turned the servers off yet. This game is done. Not much choice left but to accept that, and don't waste your money on the last few pathetic cash grabs they're still farting out.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

What do you mean, does not die? It's already well and truly fucking dead. They just haven't admitted it or turned the servers off yet. This game is done. Not much choice left but to accept that, and don't waste your money on the last few pathetic cash grabs they're still farting out.
      But, but spoiler season for set 10 starts in like 2-3 weeks. If they were going to delay any further surely Cory would have spoken up by now.
    • Mormont wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

What do you mean, does not die? It's already well and truly fucking dead. They just haven't admitted it or turned the servers off yet. This game is done. Not much choice left but to accept that, and don't waste your money on the last few pathetic cash grabs they're still farting out.
      But, but spoiler season for set 10 starts in like 2-3 weeks. If they were going to delay any further surely Cory would have spoken up by now.
      Yeah, good thing that Cory is well known for keeping us up to date about everything every single time.

- We know that one of the reasons for the delay was the lack of funds for art. Well, we still have players who didn't get their cash rewards, so I'm not sure if HEXent is any more stable financially then at the announcement.
      - We apparently don't even have anybody left to answer support tickets in a reasonable pace

So I'm not confident we get spoilers and Set 10 anytime soon. (Especially not properly tested... if tested at all)
    • Dead game is dead. Move along with your lives. It was hard for me, but I did it. I still linger here because I think I need to write a long emotional post when the final announcement hits us in the groin. However, no one can have proper closure until Cory has the courage to face reality. It was a beautiful dream. Now you must release us from this torment.
    • Ertzi wrote:

Dead game is dead. Move along with your lives. It was hard for me, but I did it. I still linger here because I think I need to write a long emotional post when the final announcement hits us in the groin. However, no one can have proper closure until Cory has the courage to face reality. It was a beautiful dream. Now you must release us from this torment.
      ah well, tbf it was at least 4 years of entertainment for me, the last year was garbage tho... since it was clear that the game wont survive, but overall i am fine with the overall "fun" revenue i got out of hex.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

I dont think that there is 1 single person left who is working on HEX only... not even Dinobot !
      Dino was never a (real) full time employee. He has a normal day job where he lives - he did not relocate to California and never worked for Hex on site. Again, I'm not saying anything about how much time he spends working on Hex (he has always done a bunch of stuff behind the scenes), but whatever the hell it is he IS doing, it was not what he SHOULD have been doing (community management). And again, I don't know if that was his call, or HexEnt's call, but whoever decided to have him doing whatever he was doing that wasn't active community engagement, it was a huge mistake. Shawn (Phenteo) leaving the company is when the communication went from bad to terrible - he was the last person there that actually talked to us and got us answers.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Cernz wrote:

Ertzi wrote:

Dead game is dead. Move along with your lives. It was hard for me, but I did it. I still linger here because I think I need to write a long emotional post when the final announcement hits us in the groin. However, no one can have proper closure until Cory has the courage to face reality. It was a beautiful dream. Now you must release us from this torment.
      ah well, tbf it was at least 4 years of entertainment for me, the last year was garbage tho... since it was clear that the game wont survive, but overall i am fine with the overall "fun" revenue i got out of hex.
      I agree completely... I'm happy with what I got for my money. It just bothers me that Cory was willing to let his own foolish pride stand between Hex and success.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • It was a fun run while it lasted. I don't regret spending $750 on the KS. I got that back and more with my weekly draft tickets for as long as I played.

I also managed to make some of it back by selling my collection twice two HexPrimal. I sure hope they were able to make money before it was clear the game was over.

Now I'm onto a different TCG that's eating up my time and money - Star Wars Destiny.
      There was a signature here. It's gone now.
    • I remember people bashing me both on here and on reddit because I kept saying that the game gave no incentive to bring friends along and creates a giant wall between f2p and p2p instead of making f2p players wanting to pay..

People like me and my bunch of friends left, hoping that we could somehow play each other with the cards we find through pve and supplement what we have (And im not even talking about ladders, just friendly play)

Instead we got a shallow, unfriedly, unpolished system based on promises that weren't fulfilled. People with their rose/ hope tinted glasses bashing any criticism about their "perfect game" when really, the main issue is that there was no incentive to bring a friend and have fun with a group of people.

That's what a game is about right? Make people have fun and be hooked? That's where the money comes from.
    • Sense wrote:

I remember people bashing me both on here and on reddit because I kept saying that the game gave no incentive to bring friends along and creates a giant wall between f2p and p2p instead of making f2p players wanting to pay..

People like me and my bunch of friends left, hoping that we could somehow play each other with the cards we find through pve and supplement what we have (And im not even talking about ladders, just friendly play)

Instead we got a shallow, unfriedly, unpolished system based on promises that weren't fulfilled. People with their rose/ hope tinted glasses bashing any criticism about their "perfect game" when really, the main issue is that there was no incentive to bring a friend and have fun with a group of people.

That's what a game is about right? Make people have fun and be hooked? That's where the money comes from.
      You're preaching to the choir. 95% of the people left in the forums are people that suffered the same treatment as you. The white knights either left or aren't visitng the forums because they're "too toxic".
    • Vroengard wrote:

You're preaching to the choir. 95% of the people left in the forums are people that suffered the same treatment as you. The white knights either left or aren't visitng the forums because they're "too toxic".
      The white knights don't get nearly the blame they should for the game being in this state. They did a ton of damage defending all the aspects of the game that shouldn't have been defended.
    • TheMainEvent wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

The white knights don't get nearly the blame they should for the game being in this state. They did a ton of damage defending all the aspects of the game that shouldn't have been defended.
      I agree 100% with main's comment, but the blame lies squarely on hex ent. It is ironic seeing white knights who have completely turned to a different side and are extremely pissed at hex ent.

Should more influential people tried to make casual and pve more of a focus three years ago, absolutely. The fact that alot of the influential people treated the forums like a cess pool did not help.
    • What's funny is that i would return to hex and probably purchase stuff for it to maintain had I the ability to play without rules in a freeform format (Any cards and make my own rules with friends) when playing in direct challenges.

That way we could all have an outlet to play a great game and want to dump money for this far away kitchen table experience.. Instead we play on a garbage no graphic ripoff (magic workstation) and play with hex cards arguing each other because theres no rule automation.

When playing on mws is actually a better experience than the real game thats really fucky tbh.