Passion Project

• Passion Project

A passion project is something that captures your dreams and desires Regardless of financial success or naysayers.

Big dreamers have lots of ideas. Not one resounding field of dreams that they work towards.

Combine a big dreamer with the thought of a single passion project. And suddenly, every idea is a passion project. Suddenly dropping one is insignificant when there are several others baking, and they have the power to act on those baked thoughts.

HEX was essentially one large fly on a large swath of fly paper. There are other areas for flies to land and stick, and eventually they will die, or fall off.

I imagine the satisfaction and happiness HEX once gave the creators disappeared as it’s popularity faultered, and as the difficulty in implementation increased. Hopefully this small contribution to the world and this niche population is not forever lost.

HEX was my passion project, just as a distant fan. So, thank you for that. I hope to land on the main page some day in the distant future and see a huge update, and be super excited to play and experiment in this sandbox again.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

There also comes a point when you must let a loved one go. Crypto's integrity is going down with each passing day if nothing is being done to improve the game and the servers are left on to scrounge the last few bucks from people trying to "invest" in this tcg.
      I don't want to spoil the party and I agree with your point. But, another way to look at this is if all players learn to let Hex go, then the problem is solved too. It only takes one side to let go to get it done. Servers will be closed by then because the game will be an absolute ghost town besides a few new players.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

There also comes a point when you must let a loved one go. Crypto's integrity is going down with each passing day if nothing is being done to improve the game and the servers are left on to scrounge the last few bucks from people trying to "invest" in this tcg.
      I don't want to spoil the party and I agree with your point. But, another way to look at this is if all players learn to let Hex go, then the problem is solved too. It only takes one side to let go to get it done. Servers will be closed by then because the game will be an absolute ghost town besides a few new players.
      It absolutely works both ways and I agree. However, I have been on these forums since alpha and as long as I am not posting false hope or complete trash hate posts then playing a little each week and posting is cathartic to me.
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

The Trophy To End All Trophies

Like, seriously?

Meanwhile that $25 mill is slowly but surely disappearing into obscurity and the few stalwart supporters still get ignored...
      To be fair, while his profile only says "President / CEO of HEX Entertainment http://HEXTCG.COM the MMO/TCG", his about.me/coryjones clearly says "President and CCO of Cryptozoic Entertainment". He's there as a representative of Cryptozoic, as his card clearly shows.

You can't expect him to live, breathe, eat, sleep and shit HXE. No person is like that.

You can still scrutinize the fact that he's left his second job in shambles and taking a break while a million things need fixing though. To me it just proves he's moved on and probably more people should see this and do the same.