What could make Hex more appealable?

• TheMainEvent wrote:

Eraia wrote:

- A developer who interacted with their community as people

schild wrote:

federicorighi wrote:

Hi guys, since there are many posts around the forum about how things are going bad and why, I thought it could be interesting to sum up everyone's proposals to make the game better and (re)attract people. Just to be more precise, I'm not referring to big structural changes, like a complete revision fo the PvE components of the game, just to some improvements tha could happen right now and be helpful in your opinion. Here are some of mine:

- Real and completely revised Immortal ladder with fair prizes.
      - Rock ladder with a similar structure as the Standard one.
      - Free Dingleton and Merry Melee, or at least one free event for Dingleton each week.
      - Valuable prizes to take a PvE character to the maximum level.
      - More Signature Decks or other ways to keep card prizes in check.

Now, it's your turn Hexers! :)
      a dev team that gives a shit?
      Let's stick to realistic goals.
      And this joke is why Hex really has to sell to someone else if it wants to be revitalized. There's immense bad will between its players and the company at this point.
      And if that makes Cory sad, well, he had plenty of time to avoid that ill will. The way they have been handling this whole crisis has just torn a huge rift.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Honestly, their silence and stubborn refusal to engage with the community has done more damage than even all of the terrible decisions and poor implementation of the last several features. It shows they don't value their playerbase (whether they intend it or not). It's insulting, dismissive, and petty. Even now, I think a lot of people would be willing to forgive their missteps and go back to waiting patiently if they would just talk to people honestly and genuinely - no empty promises, no bullshit, no copy paste, but REAL engagement.

For some people, it's WAY too late. But for others, they might still be convinced to hang around. But not the way HexEnt (and Cory in particular) are acting right now - that is 100% assured destruction.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

Honestly, their silence and stubborn refusal to engage with the community has done more damage than even all of the terrible decisions and poor implementation of the last several features. It shows they don't value their playerbase (whether they intend it or not). It's insulting, dismissive, and petty. Even now, I think a lot of people would be willing to forgive their missteps and go back to waiting patiently if they would just talk to people honestly and genuinely - no empty promises, no bullshit, no copy paste, but REAL engagement.

For some people, it's WAY too late. But for others, they might still be convinced to hang around. But not the way HexEnt (and Cory in particular) are acting right now - that is 100% assured destruction.
      I'll hang around if Hex is taken over by a new company, however unlikely. If not, i'll still hang around on the forum for the drama until ithe game's inevitable demise.
    • Every set brings these fun cards, and fun archetypes and fun mercenaries, but the big issue is: We can only employ most of that stuff in AZ1 and 2. Everything else is too competitively oriented to allow sub-standard decks to work.

Siege -should- have been the relief on that front, but was made competitive, and as a result, added nothing of value. We already have competitive, what HEX needed was -casual-.