What could make Hex more appealable?

• What could make Hex more appealable?

Hi guys, since there are many posts around the forum about how things are going bad and why, I thought it could be interesting to sum up everyone's proposals to make the game better and (re)attract people. Just to be more precise, I'm not referring to big structural changes, like a complete revision fo the PvE components of the game, just to some improvements tha could happen right now and be helpful in your opinion. Here are some of mine:

- Real and completely revised Immortal ladder with fair prizes.
      - Rock ladder with a similar structure as the Standard one.
      - Free Dingleton and Merry Melee, or at least one free event for Dingleton each week.
      - Valuable prizes to take a PvE character to the maximum level.
      - More Signature Decks or other ways to keep card prizes in check.

Now, it's your turn Hexers! :)
    • Want to make Hex more appealing? Get new management and engineers, that actually have the necessary skills and temperament to fix the game and engage with the community. Development of this game CANNOT be completed successfully in an echo chamber.

Then, as has been gone over countless times, to actually fix the game you need to: massively improve the UI, overhaul all the placeholder systems still in their "good enough for now" state from 4 years ago (like the AH, and real trading instead of just send-by-mail), update and improve the new user experience and onboarding process, add dynamic PVE content, add kitchen table / casual play support, and MARKET THE DAMN GAME.

Simple, no? ;)
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • What must be made to attract new people differs VASTLY to what should be made if the existing vocal playerbase ("us" here in the forums) were to be appeased.

OP is already getting mixed signals. I agree 100% that if we're going path B, unfortunately HXE has so irreparably breached every player's trust that nothing short of a total overhaul (which may or may not include change of management, but most likely the second) is going to change things.

Moreover

federicorighi wrote:

Just to be more precise, I'm not referring to big structural changes, like a complete revision fo the PvE components of the game

federicorighi wrote:

Rock ladder with a similar structure as the Standard one
      A Rock Ladder is a pretty huge structural change.
    • Yeah, people have already produced exhaustive lists of this sort (low-hanging fruit) as well as longer-term direction, numerous times. The Devs don't care, or take note, or respond, so what's another list worth.

I will note here though, that all they really need in my opinion is a capable development team that can actually implement updates in a timely manner. Even with PvE on the back burner, things were going along alright before it became clear that they just couldn't work with their own client anymore. For all the clamor about communication, in my opinion I don't need any communication if the project is proceeding apace. It'd be nice, but silence is not Hex's #1 sin. It's being completely unable to move the game forward that's continuing to bog it down.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • federicorighi wrote:

Hi guys, since there are many posts around the forum about how things are going bad and why, I thought it could be interesting to sum up everyone's proposals to make the game better and (re)attract people. Just to be more precise, I'm not referring to big structural changes, like a complete revision fo the PvE components of the game, just to some improvements tha could happen right now and be helpful in your opinion. Here are some of mine:

- Free Dingleton and Merry Melee, or at least one free event for Dingleton each week.

a dev team that gives a shit?
    • Eraia wrote:

- A developer who interacted with their community as people

schild wrote:

federicorighi wrote:

a dev team that gives a shit?
      Let's stick to realistic goals.
    • What about a cross over? Say a STreet Fighter Hex mashup! Well ....
      That’s what they did for Poker and MTG and look now they just released a new update this last month.

Capitalizing on its combative card game Poker Assault, Cryptozoic Entertainment has announced the first licensed spin-off game Street Fighter V Poker Assault releasing in July. They have been working really hard ... I even saw Jared on the cover art!

The post was edited 1 time, last by CoSVII ().

• Unless Cory was straight up lying (a definite possibility) hex was profitable somewhere around set 7. I think hex's big mistake was they underestimated how many "whales" were hybrid pve and pvp people who decreased their spending when the realization came in that Hex was not focusing on pve (the ps4 release).

Is the above the only factor, no. But you cant say the ps4 launch and focus on hardcore competitive pvp was successful.