eternal card game

• I've been playing it for a while. As for me it's extremely boring and random and it has some terrible game design decisions. Very bad hand drawing\redrawing algorithms, 75 card decks with 4-copy of a card limit is a terrible idea, no good fixing mechanics (like Divine Offering in Spellweaver or Fateweave in HEX), most of Eternal cards' mechanics are basic and not interesting. I don't even start talking about art in that game, even the best of it can't compete with HEX's art.

HEX is much better by all means.
      If only HXE were better at managing.
      [BLOOD] [WILD] [DIAMOND] [SAPPHIRE] [RUBY]
    • Here's my view on a typical Eternal match:

1. Slam down a bomb(A lot of bombs in Eternal)
      2. Do my opponent have removal?
      3. He has, go back to 1.
      4. Oh he doesn't, I win.

Also, the draft is hot boring garbage. I really don't get why people say the draft there is great.
    • gameplay wise id rank my top3 card games:
      1. Hex
      2. Mtga
      3. Eternal

Ranking including game modes and playerbase:
      1. Mtga
      2. Eternal
      3. Hex

Esp. those weekly changing quick drafts are ultra fun to play and freshes up the game, love it.

Thats what Hex missed, scheduled and frequent “flashbacks“.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Goliathus wrote:

Here's my view on a typical Eternal match:

1. Slam down a bomb(A lot of bombs in Eternal)
      2. Do my opponent have removal?
      3. He has, go back to 1.
      4. Oh he doesn't, I win.

Also, the draft is hot boring garbage. I really don't get why people say the draft there is great.
      I don't have this experience, it's more how can i answer in instant speed for breacking a combo. In all card game you can chain bomb and hoping opponent go out of removal,, ramp in mtg is old :) , or momentum DW ramp on hex lol.
      For draft my ranking is (can change with set but mtg irl and 15 sec for launch a game on eternal, it's hard for hex ^^):
      1 : mtg
      2 : eternal
      3 : Hex

Gameplay :
      Eternal / Hex / Mtg have all good and bad point
      Eternal : +OP shard, never mana issue, free / -Few type of card don't go in the chain
      Hex : +BO3 / -many ability don't go in chain, cost money

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bazou ().

• It’s a good free to play game and perfect for that 30 minute commute that I have in the morning and night

The good
      - good feeling of rewards ( note the word feeling, I always said perception is important )
      - can play anything for gold at a good rate
      - have montly leagues which are perfect for people that don’t want to spend a lot
      - nice simple UI that is slick and fast
      - have been constantly updating its offering and is in a good place with 800 to 1200 players daily and going over 2500 players in release.

The bad
      - long grinding for cards. They give you a pack a day and more but there is 40 legendary cards. Not 15 ...40. So altho it seems your progressing those legend cards are far from being collected
      - very bomb oriented. Like one post said sometimes a bomb hit and you either have an answer or you die
      - art ( it’s ok but the card form makes it bad )
      - gets boring fast. I could not play for hours and hours like I do with hex
      - releases set every 6 month ( which is good and bad. Let’s you grind but you can get tired fast of a set )
      - like all the ccg. No trading or buying. You either grind or dump a gazillion dollars into pack
      -No freaking watermark or set logo so no idea about which card are from where unless your in the deck builder

Also note that this company is horrible at communicating. It can dump you a new set without noice the same morning. I mean WITHOUT notice. Or even a downtime 10 min before it happens. You though hex was bad , this one is worst

I don’t find mechanics bad and draft is fun. I’ve been playing completely free 2 play and can built pretty decent decks
    • I played Eternal for a bit, running Gauntlet matches against the AI to save up for a draft (also against the AI) to work on my collection. Had an okay Rakano deck in a few days of play, which is likely obsolete if rotation is a thing. That said, it didn't take too long for the feeling of a very, very shady cheat-heavy AI to start showing up. More often than not, my opponent would draw a flyer strong enough to kill mine the very turn they'd lose (followed by a second the following turn), having no prior defense after taking damage to the face from the air the entire game, or how they'd stack equipment turn after turn on their units, building a wall with much more steam than I'd ever be able to even hope for. It didn't take long from losses to go from "Maybe I could've won if I did -insert thing here- differently" to "Of COURSE you'd have that RIGHT when you need it!" Uninstalled not too long after.

That said, I did get the urge to start playing it again, probably after my first Arena in Elder Scrolls: Legends and finding out you don't get to keep the cards you draft. As to why that's a thing most devs seem to do with a CCG with no trading wherein an economy doesn't matter, I have absolutely no idea. Anyway, I went to Steam, searched for Eternal, and saw the community throwing an absolute riot against DWD. Confused and intrigued, I looked a little further and found out about their use of RedShell (basically spyware installed with no prior warning or consent from the user, gathering data such as your monitor resolution, browser and font data, what country you were in when the program was installed, what time RedShell was installed, and your IP address to name some/most of what the company behind RedShell themselves say they gather and totally, absolutely, positively swear they would NEVER, EVER sell to the highest bidder if given the opportunity) and their (DWD) absolutely asinine defensive and outright hostile attitude toward their player base for having the audacity to want their privacy secured while playing a CCG, even acting as though they were "bullied" into removing RedShell from Eternal to satiate an unruly mob.

That would be bad enough if the chaos stopped there, but DWD have stated they intend to put RedShell back in at a later date (though promising to make doing so as apparent as possible to their community, which is likely a crock of shit), despite a potentially still growing list of other developers removing this unwanted blight of privacy invasion from their products (including WoTC with MtGA, to name one that comes to my currently sleep deprived mind at nearly 3:20 in the morning as I type this). Such an attitude has not only made me particularly glad that DWD will be replaced by a different dev team for ESL (though I'll likely uninstall that, simply because I'm not finding it as fun as I'd hoped), but has ensured Eternal shall not return to my PC, and my wallet shall remain closed to any other ventures that particular company takes.
    • Hmm... treating your paying customers like the enemy, who don't even deserve to be told things? What kind of idiotic company would ever do something like that...?
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • my experience with DWD, issue = > mail to support = > solved in few hours it's good enought for myself.

curently i test 1 month event scealed, usualy i hate scealed MtG and Hex. First time i like it. and i don't need lock 1 day. A similar tounament on Hex could be nice

The worst point about eternal atm, In my opinion is no Bo3 ladder, art and the slow legendary grind i would like play many deck but can't :D in an otherside we could say many deck are ok
    • Bazou wrote:

my experience with DWD, issue = > mail to support = > solved in few hours it's good enought for myself.

curently i test 1 month event scealed, usualy i hate scealed MtG and Hex. First time i like it. and i don't need lock 1 day. A similar tounament on Hex could be nice

The worst point about eternal atm, In my opinion is no Bo3 ladder, art and the slow legendary grind i would like play many deck but can't :D in an otherside we could say many deck are ok
      I'm actually happy its not Bo3 in ladder.. Keep Bo3 in tournaments, but I want quick games when I commute. Thats why I played a lot of Evo in Hex. Don't have time to wait 40 min for a game.

Slow Legendary grind is a reality, especially with 40 of them per set.

Art is nice, but cards are small and not showing them too much so they kind of look ok. They sure are better than HS...anything i think.
    • Few other feedback :

The totrial is the worst ever, very boring and can't skip
      I don't know if it's because timer systeme, but no slow play player, a game is never boring.
      First time i like play vs IA
      Card management is better with HeX

Edit : Market really a good idea (like wish in MtG)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bazou ().

• Eternal was alright. The appeal wears off once you hit the more difficult tiers of decks and run out of their newbie gold generosity. Once you make it to masters, the AI drafts don't really pay for themselves, and grinding gold in their gauntlet is pretty unbearable. But I will give them credit for the sheer variety of decks you run into.

I've been playing a lot of the new Legend of the Five Rings game, both in paper and online. It's a great game, but unfortunately won't scratch the itch for us PvE'ers, because it's a pvp-only game at the moment, and I'm really not sure what it'd look like as PvE. But hey, the online client's 100% free, so that's sweet.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • I've been streaming eternal to about a week now and I've found it fun, granted not as complex or in-depth strategies as hex/mtg but it's only got 3 sets, could get better in the future, drafting is fun if a little bit of a cakewalk, community seems nice and the devs are implementing drops on twitch soon so you will get packs just for having an eternal stream open
    • eddatog wrote:

I've been streaming eternal to about a week now and I've found it fun, granted not as complex or in-depth strategies as hex/mtg but it's only got 3 sets, could get better in the future, drafting is fun if a little bit of a cakewalk, community seems nice and the devs are implementing drops on twitch soon so you will get packs just for having an eternal stream open
      I thought they released set 4 not long ago?
    • Goliathus wrote:

Anyone who finds Eternal draft interesting and fun, mind sharing your view with me? I would share why I think it is boring if anyone is interested, but I don't have time to type now.
      I enjoyed it because it's easy, fast, low-stakes against an AI, and you can keep trying it, hoping to get certain combinations of cards. The fact that it's against an AI makes a huge difference for me, because that's how I like to play. I don't mind the simple 'pick one of three' that Hearthstone started, because it still lets you shape your deck and I never really cared about 'hate drafting' or building your deck to counter other people's strategies. I just want to make the best deck I can, and it sort of lets you do that. It's not perfect, but the fact that I can keep trying it over and over against AI, no queues or anything like that makes it nice.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented