MM will no longer be returning to HEX

• Greyhaven wrote:

@Ossuary - Responds to Dino with a snarky blast. Fine.
      @NicoSharp - Responds to Oss with an equally snarky HXE blast. Fine.
      @Greyhaven - Responds to Dino with lots of words and much "dad voice". Fine.
      @Mormont - Responds to Dino with a photo meme of Cory playing with a butterfly instead of being proactive on the forums. DELETED.

I'm still trying to figure out how the black bags work around here. I saw Dino in here and assumed he was more interested in the scissors than the pen, and sure enough...poof. I archived the missing post, but it wasn't any more incendiary than posts which remain. Mormont was as on-topic and borderline respectful as any of the other comments related to the communication issue surrounding the OP's situation. Was it the photo meme? Fear that it could somehow go viral despite the 10 people who care having already seen it, or that it hasn't already been posted to Reddit if it actually had legs? Was it the fact that he said "You never learn"? That has been said ad nauseum already and has yet to be disproved. Maybe they just have a thing against aGoT?

In the off-chance that this post survives, can I hereby request some clarity on the seemingly haphazard application of the forum-policing protocols? It is obvious that there are lines not to cross, but it is totally murky as to what those lines actually are in practice. @Zophie has talked about his personal moderation philosophy (thanks for that!), but it seems like even the mods are using Wild-West interpretations of the vague guidelines given. Any insights from the Boss Mod would be appreciated.
      Lol, really? Can someone repost the butterfly picture again? (until it gets arbitrarily deleted again!)
    • Just relax guys! Judging from Cory's twitter feed Hex is in good hands. It seems he's actively working on a new reward structure of tournament prices and they will be changed from cash/plat prizes to handcrafted trophies by Hex employees themselves!

... wait nvm. The trophy is ment for playing a Cryptozoic boardgame. Who wants to bet that they're actually playing it during their working hours instead of working on Hex?

Edit: Ban for snarky comment probably incoming in 3, 2, 1... (at least then I can say I am a proud member of the 'banned for snarky comment/meme' club)
    • Just popping in here to say I don't blame Dinotropia for anything at this point.

He's likely more miserable than all the players out together. Dude is gonna lose a remote job that has benefits because management is dumber than a sack of bricks.

Been there, it sucks.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

My only question is what does "we are tracking everyone's information mean". Could it be that they need to track it for some particular reason, like a sale to a company or otherwise? I know I am grasping at straws, but it is interesting language.
      IIRC, when Cryptozoic acquired the WoW TCG assets/license from Upper Deck, there were outstanding tournament prizes that had yet to be paid out by UD to previous winners. I'd imagine, if Hex is acquired by some other company, part of that acquisition would be to make good on the tournament prizing (and that the prizing would be a relatively small part of the price with a big upside in community relations for the new company).
    • I think the largest problem beginning to surface is that when this miracle company comes in buys the ip, makes everything better, and then starts to market.... So many people will have completely forgotten about hex that it just won't matter.

I really loved this game and I am deeply saddened by the sketchy treatment from the powers that be. I try to still log on daily but I can't bring myself to sit in the draft que for the time it takes to even find a first match and end up logging off for other digital card games.

Such a great game ruined by sheer stupidity - hopefully some good will come and Hex can become a case study in a preventative business class somewhere.

Truly a disgusting display.
    • SlimHeavens wrote:

So many people will have completely forgotten about hex that it just won't matter
      All it will take is 4-5 sponsored twitch streams / Youtube content with emphasis on "a new company" and the players who left due to HXE missmanagement will consider returning, at least to read the new company's manifesto. Especially if they still have a collection left, which is quite likely since no one's buying.

Those that left for other reasons don't count and that won't work for them, obviously.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

A game can come back after a marred past. Just look at the steam No Man's Sky is picking up now.
      Well Hex has been in the marker for 5 years, NMS just for 2 years, NMS wasn't intantaneous but a gradual shift over these 2 years with constant improvement including 3 major updates before NEXT(foundation, pathfinder and Atlas Rising).

Also the question is if a miracle company would give the same level of dedication of HEX.
      HEX forums resident liker.
    • Since people keep bringing it up, where does the idea that Hex has any value to an outside investor come from?

The IP isn't unique. It's generic fantasy with cool murder bunnies.

It's Unity so the engine isn't valuable and the source code must be trash since they can't get something simple like flashback drafts to work.

Maybe the art is worth something.
    • Mormont wrote:

Since people keep bringing it up, where does the idea that Hex has any value to an outside investor come from?

The IP isn't unique. It's generic fantasy with cool murder bunnies.

It's Unity so the engine isn't valuable and the source code must be trash since they can't get something simple like flashback drafts to work.

Maybe the art is worth something.
      Because it's light years better than starting from 0.
    • Eh, customers may be dissatisfied, but I don't think we could possibly accuse Hex of outright predatory behavior. They went out of their way *not* to monetize a lot of things. The only reason we've been 'nickel and dimed' recently is because they're literally desperate for money now. They've had nothing but good intent (and bad implementation.)

Dunno. Depicting Cory as literally swimming in a pile of money is so far from reality that I don't see the relevance.

Funny, though.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented