MM will no longer be returning to HEX

• MM will no longer be returning to HEX

So HEX ent has failed again. This time to meet the extended deadline they asked for to pay the out the rest of the cash prizing from bashes by the end of july. Therefor i will not be returning to HEX ever since i no longer have faith in the dev's to be able to both manage and deliver a good product. I will no longer be promoting HEX on my channel. I will be posting my collection for sale.

Thank you all for the good times when things were good.
    • Sorry to hear that, pretty crappy that Hex is still not paying what they owe to people. This probably shows that the game is going down if they cant pay a few hundred bucks.

Just as a unrelated rant, people thought the game was shaddy for a long time based on how they treated pve people. The company will be hard pressed to deliver any new digital product without extreme doubt that it is not a scam.
    • It's funny how you guys only ever seem say anything when you've been called out for not DOING something. If nobody said anything, would you keep doing and saying nothing? It doesn't exactly make a good impression... and at a time when your popularity and levels of trust are already at an all time low, no less.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Dinotropia wrote:

We're sorry this is taking longer that anticipated. We are committed to making sure everyone receives the award from the events they won and are tracking everyone's information so they'll get their awards.
      Waiting until someone publicly calls you out on something to offer any sort of communication about the situation:

- Doesn't build trust with your players. Confessing to taking a cookie only after getting caught with your hand in the jar smacks of insincerity and damage control. If you are truly committed to achieving a resolution, broadcast it and stand behind it. People understand that plans get disrupted and things can be delayed. But that only works if you are honest about them before you get blasted for breaking your word.

- Doesn't make the issue go away. The more you hope nobody notices your situation or conduct, the more you can expect it to leak. There is no NDA between you and the people who paid for what you offered them. When you don't deliver, and regardless of how much you're still "committed" to delivery, people are going to talk. Be up front about it, and you'll have a better position from which to lead the discussion and garner some understanding.

- Doesn't reconcile the perception of your actions with HXE's stated goals of "be[ing] very careful with the resources we have available...[while] actively working on growing the company and, with it, the game" (Per Cory). It looks like you've elected to squander consumer goodwill rather than committing (albeit limited) resources to maintain positive relationships with your clientele - which is anathema to growing the business in anything more than a superficial capacity.

Maybe it is just a big misunderstanding. Maybe you really are doing your best, and this baffling communication strategy is the key to a whole new HEX. But the longer you let things bite you in the ass before you acknowledge that your customers are floundering in the wake, the harder it is going to be to rebuild anything meaningful. It is easy to say you're committed - especially after the fact. You know what? It is also surprisingly easy to demonstrate that commitment. All you need to do is talk to us. Treat us like people, and we'll treat you like people too. Treat us like liabilities, and we become them.
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin
    • @Ossuary - Responds to Dino with a snarky blast. Fine.
      @NicoSharp - Responds to Oss with an equally snarky HXE blast. Fine.
      @Greyhaven - Responds to Dino with lots of words and much "dad voice". Fine.
      @Mormont - Responds to Dino with a photo meme of Cory playing with a butterfly instead of being proactive on the forums. DELETED.

I'm still trying to figure out how the black bags work around here. I saw Dino in here and assumed he was more interested in the scissors than the pen, and sure enough...poof. I archived the missing post, but it wasn't any more incendiary than posts which remain. Mormont was as on-topic and borderline respectful as any of the other comments related to the communication issue surrounding the OP's situation. Was it the photo meme? Fear that it could somehow go viral despite the 10 people who care having already seen it, or that it hasn't already been posted to Reddit if it actually had legs? Was it the fact that he said "You never learn"? That has been said ad nauseum already and has yet to be disproved. Maybe they just have a thing against aGoT?

In the off-chance that this post survives, can I hereby request some clarity on the seemingly haphazard application of the forum-policing protocols? It is obvious that there are lines not to cross, but it is totally murky as to what those lines actually are in practice. @Zophie has talked about his personal moderation philosophy (thanks for that!), but it seems like even the mods are using Wild-West interpretations of the vague guidelines given. Any insights from the Boss Mod would be appreciated.
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin
    • Forget about that phrase....it is just there cause it sounds better than "we dont have the money...maybe later".
      "We are tracking everyone's information" means nothing. They have the information...they have had them for a long long time.

Also...I called them out 3 days ago already. I even tagged dinotropia. So the correct way is to say that it needed mutliple times where people called them out on that to trigger a response.
    • Greyhaven wrote:

@Ossuary - Responds to Dino with a snarky blast. Fine.
      @Mormont - Responds to Dino with a photo meme of Cory playing with a butterfly instead of being proactive on the forums. DELETED.

I'm still trying to figure out how the black bags work around here. I saw Dino in here and assumed he was more interested in the scissors than the pen, and sure enough...poof. I archived the missing post, but it wasn't any more incendiary than posts which remain. Mormont was as on-topic and borderline respectful as any of the other comments related to the communication issue surrounding the OP's situation. Was it the photo meme? Fear that it could somehow go viral despite the 10 people who care having already seen it, or that it hasn't already been posted to Reddit if it actually had legs? Was it the fact that he said "You never learn"? That has been said ad nauseum already and has yet to be disproved. Maybe they just have a thing against aGoT?

In the off-chance that this post survives, can I hereby request some clarity on the seemingly haphazard application of the forum-policing protocols? It is obvious that there are lines not to cross, but it is totally murky as to what those lines actually are in practice. @Zophie has talked about his personal moderation philosophy (thanks for that!), but it seems like even the mods are using Wild-West interpretations of the vague guidelines given. Any insights from the Boss Mod would be appreciated.
      Moderation on this forum has always been a complete joke. Trust me. ;)
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • I agree that their communication is not great but if Dino would of not answered everyone would of complain but when they answer they get blasted. Keep it up.

If it’s raining people complain there is no sun
      When there is sun people complain it’s too hot

People are never happy. ( again I’m not saying they should of posted something about it but always hitting on the messager gets a bit long. Don’t you guys have other things to attend to )
    • Metronomy wrote:

Forget about that phrase....it is just there cause it sounds better than "we dont have the money...maybe later".
      "We are tracking everyone's information" means nothing. They have the information...they have had them for a long long time.

Also...I called them out 3 days ago already. I even tagged dinotropia. So the correct way is to say that it needed mutliple times where people called them out on that to trigger a response.

Not to mention they have had a terrible track record with having the 'right information' anyways even before all this stuff happened.

Just remember the time when the ladder board rankings had issues at the end of season - claimed they were able to backtrack and have the 'correct' standings when anybody who played/looked at the leader board frequently all knew and said it was clearly wrong.

To me that was the time when I first started having red flags about the game, that perhaps they are the type who don't own up to their mistakes - which of course makes them hard to trust.
    • TCGosu wrote:

Metronomy wrote:

Forget about that phrase....it is just there cause it sounds better than "we dont have the money...maybe later".

Not to mention they have had a terrible track record with having the 'right information' anyways even before all this stuff happened.

Just remember the time when the ladder board rankings had issues at the end of season - claimed they were able to backtrack and have the 'correct' standings when anybody who played/looked at the leader board frequently all knew and said it was clearly wrong.

To me that was the time when I first started having red flags about the game, that perhaps they are the type who don't own up to their mistakes - which of course makes them hard to trust.
      I remember that quite well. Since I remember being in argument with some community members (and especialy a certain someone) wether or not there was actually a bug with the standings. Of course there was but some people refused to believe it.
      I will just say it again...if anything the community was too forgiving with hxe for too long. Now its sadly too late one way or another. The time to be as harsh with them as many are now was around two years ago. Back when you were labeled a crybaby and complainer for being critical.

@Portensio Dinotropia is not just the messenger. He is the CM. If we cant take our complaints about a lack of communication and adequate responses to him then who else?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metronomy ().

• Metronomy wrote:

TCGosu wrote:

Metronomy wrote:

I remember that quite well. Since I remember being in argument with some community members (and especialy a certain someone) wether or not there was actually a bug with the standings. Of course there was but some people refused to believe it.I will just say it again...if anything the community was too forgiving with hxe for too long. Now its sadly too late one way or another. The time to be as harsh with them as many are now was around two years ago. Back when you were labeled a crybaby and complainer for being critical.

Yup, agree - that's the problem with all white knights when it comes to games, not just Hex, they instantly defend it without try looking at it from a different perspective.
      But by not being open to addressing potential problems, the game quality stops improving.

Even though we had our own disagreements, it was clear to me you were critical of the game because you wanted it to be better/succeed and weren't whining just for the sake of it.
    • Greyhaven wrote:

@Ossuary - Responds to Dino with a snarky blast. Fine.

The moderation is as follows:

Dino deletes what Dino wants to.