No good e'er comes of leisure purposeless; And heaven ne’er helps the men who will not act

• Vroengard wrote:

Swigmonkey wrote:

HEX is by any standard, a bad game enjoyed by a niche community
      Opinion discarded. Hex (The Game) is just as good if not better than MTG and there are millions playing or wanting to play MTG and can't due to money/time constraints.
      So where are they? They sure never came to this game. It isn't an opinion. Oh that is right, the millions of MTG players most of them play at a table with friends not using things set in stone. They play with gold border World Championship deck cards too. Does HEX remotely support that player? No. It tried to be hardcore competitive game and failed.

Frankly it doesn't matter whether we believe that this game is better than MTG. It never tried to gather the players from other games in a proper way. I would also say Vs. was 10x more fun than MTG, but that last only a few years. So I reiterate, HEX is a bad game enjoyed by a niche community until you can show me that we got players and loads more are coming to play in droves and diving to get into this game.
    • Mach wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Yes, there have been a lot of examples of them TRYING to do things we've asked for... but I cannot think of a single example in the past year where they didn't pull the whole 'evil genie' act and give us what we asked for but in the worst imaginable way. Even the flashbacks.
      Immortal gauntlet?
      Oh yeah..that was a total success story. Not a single immortal gauntlet finished for the last 2 weeks.

Some people asked for immortal gauntlet. Yes. One was even very prominent.

Me and others tried to point out the obvious flaws with the suggestion.
      The too many bucket problem combined with immortal vs. standard when standard is already more popular.
      Slowing queues work as a vicious cycle.

And yes...I did propose an altertnative (standard constructed gauntlet with combined ladder queueing). They didnt even respond.
      They just one day came out and said "immortal gauntlet".

It is actually just another example of poor communication and little thinking.

The lack of on demand prizes for constructed is actually still a major problem. Cosmic Coins isnt nearly enough.
      It is all just quite sad.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Metronomy ().

• It's the issue of half-assed, half-baked implementations that I keep talking about. As a single event, by itself, making immortal gauntlet doesn't do enough to fix any problems. If they had done that WHILE ALSO doing several other things that needed to be done (like fix their fucking communication, improve the UI and new user experience, and market the god damn game), it could have done wonders for the system. But we were already too far gone, to a point where single steps couldn't make a dent in their overall problem.

And the fact that they kept trying to take shortcuts and shake people down didn't help their reputation any. Basically, everything they did was too little, too late. The damage had already been done and they'd passed the point of easy recovery.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

But more importantly packs are darn near worthless and you are losing money playing the game pretty much no matter how good you do.
      This.

According to Hexpvptools I'm the last person to 5-0 a run.... and it wasn't worth my time. Literally the best possible outcome is still trash. The majority of HexEnt's decisions remind me of this;

• Metronomy wrote:

Mach wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Yes, there have been a lot of examples of them TRYING to do things we've asked for... but I cannot think of a single example in the past year where they didn't pull the whole 'evil genie' act and give us what we asked for but in the worst imaginable way. Even the flashbacks.
      Immortal gauntlet?
      Oh yeah..that was a total success story. Not a single immortal gauntlet finished for the last 2 weeks.
      Some people asked for immortal gauntlet. Yes. One was even very prominent.

Me and others tried to point out the obvious flaws with the suggestion.
      The too many bucket problem combined with immortal vs. standard when standard is already more popular.
      Slowing queues work as a vicious cycle.

And yes...I did propose an altertnative (standard constructed gauntlet with combined ladder queueing). They didnt even respond.
      They just one day came out and said "immortal gauntlet".

It is actually just another example of poor communication and little thinking.

The lack of on demand prizes for constructed is actually still a major problem. Cosmic Coins isnt nearly enough.
      It is all just quite sad.
      Your suggestion wouldn't have changed a damn thing. In fact, it would have created even more negative sentiment with HxE pushing players towards Standard (despite it already having underperforming Bash, ladder, CCS etc) when other formats like Immortal got no love.
    • At this point I wonder if it'd just be best to implement free events like in the Alpha. No prize pack rewards, but just free drafts to get people back in the client and start building up a player base again so the game isn't an empty playground.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

At this point I wonder if it'd just be best to implement free events like in the Alpha. No prize pack rewards, but just free drafts to get people back in the client and start building up a player base again so the game isn't an empty playground.
      That would mean no more money before shut down. I really hope I am wrong about that, but it is what it looks like.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

At this point I wonder if it'd just be best to implement free events like in the Alpha. No prize pack rewards, but just free drafts to get people back in the client and start building up a player base again so the game isn't an empty playground.
      That would mean no more money before shut down. I really hope I am wrong about that, but it is what it looks like.
      I already see no more money before shut down at the moment. The only source of money I can think of are clueless PS4 players who are new.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

I already see no more money before shut down at the moment. The only source of money I can think of are clueless PS4 players who are new.
      That is better than nothing. I am sure that a few non ps4 players are also putting some money into the game.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

They're not getting any money now anyway, while they're supposedly working on something.

At least with that, they'd generate some positive emotions while they're working on the something.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

They're not getting any money now anyway, while they're supposedly working on something.
      At least with that, they'd generate some positive emotions while they're working on the something.
      In a scenario that they are absolutely doing nothing(as in they are lying about working on stuffs), then Pandaemonium's approach of let the server rot until the end of world is better from a money standpoint. Your idea works if they are indeed working on something, but judging by how stubborn they were, I don't think they are doing that.