Use various PVE artwork as temp art for set 10... please?

    • Use various PVE artwork as temp art for set 10... please?

      I think this would be perfectly acceptable as a temporary measure...

      the art still looks great and a lot of it most players haven't even seen anyway... yes, in most cases the art wont match the card but who cares... its just temporary!

      Do it!

      Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

      The post was edited 1 time, last by HAVOC ().

    • I'm pretty sure they've considered various options for "cheating" set 10 release without proper art and have decided against it. It is not clear-cut why, but there is undeniably both pros and cons down that path. I believe there's no point in us players trying to convince them to revert that.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      I'm pretty sure they've considered various options for "cheating" set 10 release without proper art and have decided against it. It is not clear-cut why, but there is undeniably both pros and cons down that path. I believe there's no point in us players trying to convince them to revert that.
      You're probably right... hopefully they find a good solution and we end up getting it :)

      Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • I think it's clearly obvious that PVP just isn't supporting the game so even if set 10 released on schedule, if it performed like set 9 then the game will still be heading south financially. I believe the delay is in part because of non existent art assets but that's only part of it, profitability is the real reason no more $$ are being thrown at the game.

      What a shame they not only didn't monetize PVE properly but have abandoned it so there's no chance of looking there for extra income.

      Re-branding the game and starting again is probably the only way forward.

      They dun messed up good.
    • @TheBlackCrypt you are right, as is, not even PvP supports the game. The game needs changes if it's going to continue existing.

      However, with how far down the path we are, the changes needed to make PvP more lucrative are, with the technical state of the game as is right now, smaller and easier than the alternative. The alternative being to do a 180° and monetize PvE in a healthy way.

      Like you said, we wouldn't have been here if PvE was properly monetized. They should have dedicated more time on it. At which point was set rotation solidified and everything seemed to work like a well-oiled machine? Around set 5, I believe? And I believe the game reached its peak momentum by then. I think that if they had taken more time to balance PvP and PvE then, even at the cost of 1 or even 2 sets being a month later each, the problems now would be less severe.
    • It would diminishes the quality of the product and does not fix the problem at its core.

      Art is the nicest thing in this game. Making temporary art and stuff would be bad.

      I also think temporary would be bad, I mean imagine Set 10 coming out and what 1 month later order for 100k$ of art when the people already played with it. It would be better invested to put 100K into art for set 11.

      game needs time spend on something else.
    • I am sorry this is a horrible idea. A small infusion of cash for set 10 isnt going to save Hex. That suggestion will look like a further cash grab. The game needs to restructure, period. If they cant do that then sell the damn thing or let it go. I believe hex has been on life support well before set 9 and right now we are seeing whether they are going to pull the plug or give it a radical treatment.
    • Everyone complained about the premature Steam Release, and PS4 release, and now you're actually asking for a premature Set 10 release?

      No. Finish a product before selling it. I think we've learned that point already.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Exactly the same images would be confusing for anyone who plays a PVE deck with a lot of random transformations, e.g. Brosi-Buk mercenary. I would not mind as long as the images were edited enough to be visually different.
      In fact i became so apathetic i would not mind stick art, but you cannot do that in a commercial game.
    • Don't kid yourselves guys. "We don't have the art" is, while technically true, not even close to the only reason Set 10 is delayed. In reality, it's also not coded. You'll note if you go back and look at the post that it is "designed," not "created" or "coded." They don't just lack the art assets, they also lack the time / money / staff to have actually created the set in client as well.

      They cannot just throw temp art on there, even if that were a good idea (it's not), and release the set. It still requires a considerable amount of coding and QA time which is unlikely to happen any time soon. Y'all have no choice but to wait as long as it takes (possibly indefinitely) for Set 10 to come out.
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      I think it's clearly obvious that PVP just isn't supporting the game so even if set 10 released on schedule, if it performed like set 9 then the game will still be heading south financially. I believe the delay is in part because of non existent art assets but that's only part of it, profitability is the real reason no more $$ are being thrown at the game.

      What a shame they not only didn't monetize PVE properly but have abandoned it so there's no chance of looking there for extra income.

      Re-branding the game and starting again is probably the only way forward.

      They dun messed up good.
      So you mean everyone that invested money in it loses it? now thats a good way to ruin hex forever.
      Wouldnt mind if we kept our collection but rebranding and starting again means wiping everything so that means losing a huge ammount of euro in my case
    • As long as they find a way to still give PVE free to the Kickstarter backers who were promised free PVE, I can get behind charging for it. But, I can almost guarantee that will not work anyhow. People drag their feet paying for addiitonal content in the biggest games out there. Hex would have a hard time selling that.
    • Frederik wrote:

      TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      I think it's clearly obvious that PVP just isn't supporting the game so even if set 10 released on schedule, if it performed like set 9 then the game will still be heading south financially. I believe the delay is in part because of non existent art assets but that's only part of it, profitability is the real reason no more $$ are being thrown at the game.

      What a shame they not only didn't monetize PVE properly but have abandoned it so there's no chance of looking there for extra income.

      Re-branding the game and starting again is probably the only way forward.

      They dun messed up good.
      So you mean everyone that invested money in it loses it? now thats a good way to ruin hex forever.Wouldnt mind if we kept our collection but rebranding and starting again means wiping everything so that means losing a huge ammount of euro in my case
      I honestly think Blackcrypt is right releasing a new pvp set will do nothing now. A revamp could mean that you keep your cards and those cards are rereleased during the revamp process.

      But the bottom line is that pvp is not working as is and needs to change. How that actually occurs, if at all, will be interesting.

      What worries me is that set will have a power level we have never seen in Hex to get people to buy it and the game stays the course with little to no change.
    • maybe they will try a last shot with card clash tablet release ... did work with ps4 for a while, might work with tablet/phone for the rest of the year too...
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Frederik wrote:

      TheBlackCrypt wrote:

      I think it's clearly obvious that PVP just isn't supporting the game so even if set 10 released on schedule, if it performed like set 9 then the game will still be heading south financially. I believe the delay is in part because of non existent art assets but that's only part of it, profitability is the real reason no more $$ are being thrown at the game.

      What a shame they not only didn't monetize PVE properly but have abandoned it so there's no chance of looking there for extra income.

      Re-branding the game and starting again is probably the only way forward.

      They dun messed up good.
      So you mean everyone that invested money in it loses it? now thats a good way to ruin hex forever.Wouldnt mind if we kept our collection but rebranding and starting again means wiping everything so that means losing a huge ammount of euro in my case
      Wiping data and starting again from set 1 would be one approach but that would mean losing nearly all past/current players that have invested money into the game which, if the current player base is tiny, might be losses a new owner might be willing to accept. I personally have only invested $250 tier + 1 years worth of VIP so although that would make me a sad panda to lose as my collection + current plat is over the million mark, it wouldn't be enough to stop me starting again.

      In my mind winding back the clock to set 1 yet still allowing players to keep their current collections and make cards available to use when their corresponding set gets released could work and could work well if the actual content to use said cards was 100% solid and what the community wants i.e not the rubbish content we have today.

      Early Campaign could be kept as it with tweaks to make it the new player on-boarding experience that once finished, opens up further Campaign/PVP/FRA/Siege/Raids/???...if each of those pieces of content were stripped down and placed under a magnifying glass and really given the love they deserve and turned into 'modes of play' then we would have a more compartmentalized game which makes more sense that the jumble of things to do in Hex today.

      Gamers (not all but many imo)are like sheep and want to be driven or have something clear to follow and that's sorely lacking as many other people have said over the years.

      I have already written off Hex so anything that happens that doesn't involve a server shutdown is a bonus.