Friday Update - Twinkle Twinkle

• Oh look, it's more copy and paste, with extremely minor updates from the not-really-a-patch patch.

Are you guys EVER going to talk to us about anything, or do anything actually helpful for the game? Or are we doomed to weekly copy and pastes until the servers inevitably shut down?
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • If I would of been hex, I would of added the sleeves for Merry Melee

Ex: 10 win = old sleeves
      25 wins = new sleeves

as time passed, i would of added for 50 and 100 or maybe some extra rewards for them.

I can't wait to see the new modes including if they did some new things with Dingleton..

Ossuary wrote:

Oh look, it's more copy and paste, with extremely minor updates from the not-really-a-patch patch.

Are you guys EVER going to talk to us about anything, or do anything actually helpful for the game? Or are we doomed to weekly copy and pastes until the servers inevitably shut down?
      What more news you want? If you want communication, I would not look there normally unless its big news. If there is nothing to say there is nothing.

I would of liked for them to interact more with us in general in the forum.
    • Also it looks like despite what it says in the Friday update, you guys fucked up the gems. They are set 9 gems (with nearly zero prismatic troops in the set, too). So, you know, REAL nice job guys. :P

Frickin'... babytime frolic level professionalism.
      --ossuary

• Thank god (?) I have some personal issues going on right now in my life so I can't fully enrage on how HXE is managing this crisis situation. We literally asked you 3 simple things to keep the thing going on and you choose to avoid them (except flashback i suppose), reinforce one (keep the merry melee with a new sleeve as a new sales pitch I suppose) and go radio silence on the other.

At least tell us why our ideas are so bad that you won't implement it. But I believe this is asking too much right now.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Ossuary wrote:

Also it looks like despite what it says in the Friday update, you guys fucked up the gems. They are set 9 gems (with nearly zero prismatic troops in the set, too). So, you know, REAL nice job guys. :P

Frickin'... babytime frolic level professionalism.
      Well, technically what they said is true...gem restrictions are in place. If you socket Doombringer gems you get an invalid deck message. Welcome to socketless flashback.
      I will take responsibility for what I have done,” Dalinar whispered. “If I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.”
    • Airtron wrote:

Going full cashgrab mode by adding some stupid sleeves to MM in a dying game isntead of trying to fix the underlying issues

hahahahahah

MM wont get one plat outta me.
      I am of a different opinion. At least they're using the "cashgrab mode" (which is a description I'd agree to) effectively now. The second rotation of Merry Melee did not offer any new sleeves and it went down by -48%. At least this shows me that they know their audience better. I expect more activity now BUT that may NOT translate to more revenue for HXE because people will just burn through their (in the worst case near future worthless) reserve platinum, without guarantee that they buy more. Same goes for the flashback draft.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vroengard: For clarity. ().

• "What are you waiting for?"

Pretty simple: I'm waiting for Evo to not suck ass.

That's what I'm waiting for. Make evo not suck ass and I'll play again. Evo set 9 is literally the worst experience this game has ever had. Yes, even worse than set 5. even worse than 7/8 millfest. Set 9 evo is AWFUL.

So give me fun evo, and I'll play again.

(Also: talk to us more and I'll be more interested in spending)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Oh, for sure. My wallet remains firmly closed. No chance of me spending anything until they start communicating properly and start actually fixing some things in the client. I won't support this copy / paste fluff bullshit. It's unacceptable, full stop.
      --ossuary

• Eraia wrote:

"What are you waiting for?"

Pretty simple: I'm waiting for Evo to not suck ass.

That's what I'm waiting for. Make evo not suck ass and I'll play again. Evo set 9 is literally the worst experience this game has ever had. Yes, even worse than set 5. even worse than 7/8 millfest. Set 9 evo is AWFUL.

So give me fun evo, and I'll play again.

(Also: talk to us more and I'll be more interested in spending)
      tbh evo set9 isnt that bad, its quite good imo, changed my mind... but took a while to get into it.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

tbh evo set9 isnt that bad, its quite good imo, changed my mind... but took a while to get into it.
      To each their own. I thought I'd like it when they were showing off cards. Rebirth seemed cool, rowdy, etc. Then I played it for a month or so and had maybe... 3 or 4 fun matches total. The rest were just miserable. Not going back. And what's sad is that set 9 isn't that bad for drafting, from all I've heard. Yet they're replacing set 9 draft but leaving evo alone. Stupid. Another case of them having an okay idea but missing the mark COMPLETELY with execution.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Logging into Hex feels like a chore, eventto play 665. A format that I loved at the time. I played this game every day for months straight. You guys need to do some serious trust rebuilding cause it's completely eroded. The game is great but I feel like by logging in I'm supporting the decisions, actions, and general attitude of people that I have lost respect for.
    • Ossuary wrote:

Preach.

Every time I log in lately, I feel like I've tricked myself into doing something dirty. Like I'm cheating on a diet or something.
      I just don't log in anymore... i still haven't claimed my start-of-season ladder rewards from the reset. Next time I log in will be the next holiday, when I log in to do a dozen or so dungeons to collect the pve holiday cards...

That is, unless they make evo interesting and/or start talking to us.