Friday Update - The Flash

• schild wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

I thought that when people asked for "Flashback draft", they implied "of sets that are not in circulation". I know I did. Am I an idiot for thinking that? Most people that are still playing joined after set 5 and they already have all those cards. it's the 1-4 sets that are "lost". At least limited will see an activity spike, hopefully.
      [Blocked Image: https://mtgcolorpie.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mental-misstep.jpg?w=840]
      Not an answer. Perhaps you'd like to step down from your throne and speak a mortal language so we can understand you?
    • I'm still waiting for actual communication. I refuse to give them anything before that. My money will continue to be food for only moths rather than developers until said developers unzip their lips and start talking properly.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Mokog wrote:

So we asked for flash backs. We got them. We asked for low hanging fruit but got an apple instead of a banana.

I like apples and bananas. Let's make some fruit salad while the cooks sort their kitchen out.
      To be specific - I asked for them to introduce new game formats to all forms of limited.

They introduced a flashback for one limited form, but completely ignored the type I am interested in.

Thus I am not happy. Set 9 evo is LITERALLY A BILLION TIMES worse than set 9 draft was. Like set 9 evo is tied for the worst evo has ever been, possibly the worst it's ever been. I don't know how a set could be worse for evo than this. And yet evo is the one that stays as set 9. It's completely and utterly ridiculous.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Ok, we got Flashback drafts! Now for free merry melee modes and some more communication and we're on track.

P.S.: Communication is not only giving good or bad news to the people, but also, for example, making it clear somewhere else that flashbacks are coming for draft, either in the site or in client, or even a separate tweet or post on facebook. Just a tip :)
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Biz wrote:

not going to play these

gauntlets have unreasonable waiting times and poor balance

hex is too hard to play without scheduled events. play whenever you want = nobody plays
      As the technologie permits it, every online card game is either going away from the schedule event model or completely does not have any.

If everyone thinks like you, of course nobody plays..
    • Eraia wrote:

Mokog wrote:

So we asked for flash backs. We got them. We asked for low hanging fruit but got an apple instead of a banana.

I like apples and bananas. Let's make some fruit salad while the cooks sort their kitchen out.
      To be specific - I asked for them to introduce new game formats to all forms of limited.
      They introduced a flashback for one limited form, but completely ignored the type I am interested in.

Thus I am not happy. Set 9 evo is LITERALLY A BILLION TIMES worse than set 9 draft was. Like set 9 evo is tied for the worst evo has ever been, possibly the worst it's ever been. I don't know how a set could be worse for evo than this. And yet evo is the one that stays as set 9. It's completely and utterly ridiculous.

I should work on my use of the royal we.
    • Wasn’t there a prOmise from HexEnt (I was thinking around set 4 time but might need someone to use the way back machine to find it) that our regular drafts would NEVER expire once we started a gauntlet and that we could pick up where we left off sets later and still use our decks? Because I seem to remember that promise ...
    • CoSVII wrote:

Wasn’t there a prOmise from HexEnt (I was thinking around set 4 time but might need someone to use the way back machine to find it) that our regular drafts would NEVER expire once we started a gauntlet and that we could pick up where we left off sets later and still use our decks? Because I seem to remember that promise ...
      It was not a promise but more a funny way to say that if you had an evo with set 3-4 you could play it with someone when set 5 comes out or set 8 comes out.

but when it came to do flashbacks or kismet drafts, they always reset them.. don't know why. maybe a tech issue.
    • Biz wrote:

not going to play these

gauntlets have unreasonable waiting times and poor balance

hex is too hard to play without scheduled events. play whenever you want = nobody plays
      My suggestion of giving out plat for waiting got removed lol

At this stage they need to give plat for people to play...not just waiting
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • Vroengard wrote:

schild wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

I thought that when people asked for "Flashback draft", they implied "of sets that are not in circulation". I know I did. Am I an idiot for thinking that? Most people that are still playing joined after set 5 and they already have all those cards. it's the 1-4 sets that are "lost". At least limited will see an activity spike, hopefully.
      [Blocked Image: https://mtgcolorpie.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mental-misstep.jpg?w=840]
      Not an answer. Perhaps you'd like to step down from your throne and speak a mortal language so we can understand you?
      Hey, cut Shild some slack, he's about to empty his bank account playing Dingleton all weekend because it's his most favoritest thing HXE has ever done, so he's probably a little aggravated.
    • MtgCollector wrote:

STOP reading forum pls.
      Flashback to 7-8 is a joke. Why not kismet or set1-set4?
      I can't answer why not 1-4, but 7-8 and 5-6 over flashback is probably because it takes zero effort to set up. Designing a kismet pool indicates effort.

Vroengard wrote:

Can only say for myself, anything that has been a format in the past and is not the current format is flashback to me so yes, 8-7 and 6-5 do meet that criteria.

CoSVII wrote:

Wasn’t there a prOmise from HexEnt (I was thinking around set 4 time but might need someone to use the way back machine to find it) that our regular drafts would NEVER expire once we started a gauntlet and that we could pick up where we left off sets later and still use our decks? Because I seem to remember that promise ...
      You still believe in promise from HexEnt, eh?
    • Why wait a week to start it? You're averaging like 6 drafts fired per day over the last two weeks, don't think anyone is going to miss this format. Just put it in the game tonight.

This is nice, I just hope people actually log in to play it. 665 is my all time favorite format (besides the first iteration of flashback where you guys made a custom card pool) so I'll give it a shot.
    • GobBluth wrote:

This is nice, I just hope people actually log in to play it.

They won't, because it was announced only on a Friday update, which almost nobody reads, because it's almost always 100% copy paste garbage. And most people have already long since left, which is why the queue never fires. This sad little note at the bottom of the update won't even be a blip on the radar to bring people back.

Too little, too late. As usual.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Yea that's my feeling as well. My tolerance for queue times is extremely short now. I've wasted too much times waiting in queue. Having not played in 3 weeks I now realize how little I need Hex in my life. That's from someone who played daily for months at a time. I enjoy 665 a lot so I will try but honestly I'm not expecting to play more than a couple drafts before the waiting becomes unreasonable.

Also, 887 flashback is terrible. The format was not fun and we literally just played it. I echo what others said when I expected 221 or 111 or 334, something that would feel fresh even though it had been played before.

I don't really want to be negative about Hex but they make it so darn easy to be, and I think it actually just being realistic and not negative.
    • Sometimes I feel like Hex doesn't speak the same language as us and relies on google translate to understand us....\

We say: "Hey Hex, we like our pizza cold"
      They hear: "We like our pizza still frozen, before you even cook it."
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • It's a step in the right direction but feels like a token gesture to me....after a week (following the worst news to date) if this is all they can achieve then the game is probably sunk.

Why aren't the nickel/dime and gambletron modes removed and free to play like they should be?

Where is the communication and plans for riding out the current crisis?