Friday Update - The Flash

• *Start RoyGBot protocol*

Standard statement:
      No communication what a surprise.

Insert DinoBot joke:
      How many DinoBots does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb,1 to ignore everyone and one to delete criticizing forum threads about it.

Insert gif:

*Warning,AI not advanced enough to know how to use gifs on the forum.Send to Chris Woods for more programing.*

*End communication.*
    • Zophie wrote:

also agree with @schild that Chaos Drafts would be even better if not too hard to implement down the road
      Chaos draft might have been way too janky with no real synergy. What I don't understand is the lack of attempt to revitalize Evo though. Evo already doesn't have as much synergy as draft, so having Evo mashhack like we had a few sets back would be better than chaos draft, and infinitely better than the current Evo format.
    • Okay I like that you listened and did flashback events. But as someone who doesn't enjoy the draft gauntlets I would love to see the evo's be changed as well.
      I assume you kept set 9 for evo so the newest packs have some use and I get that but since the flashbacks are running 2 weeks how about you make each queue flashback for one week. So Week 1 Draft 665, Week 2 Evo 665, Week 3 Draft 887 and Week 4 Evo 887.
      I now 1 week may not be ideal for the queue to stay the same but it's a shame that only 1 portion of limited is getting the adjustments.

Additionally I assume the pools closing when the next flashback starts is to 'cleanse' the decks so you aren't facing other format pools. While I get the premise I personally would prefer them to not close as it's essentially cutting someones entry fee short. I get it for merry melees as each one is basically a whole different playstyle, but Draft gauntlet is still draft gauntlet regardless of the set being used.
    • Reeplay wrote:

I assume you kept set 9 for evo so the newest packs have some use and I get that but since the flashbacks are running 2 weeks how about you make each queue flashback for one week. So Week 1 Draft 665, Week 2 Evo 665, Week 3 Draft 887 and Week 4 Evo 887.
      People having un-useable current set packs all of a sudden wouldn't be fun indeed. As for the second part, some people having limited time (no pun intended) might feel a bit put off by that though, it's not like merry melee where it will be available for sure again in a couple weeks after.
    • So nothing for evo. Super late messaging for it(why didn't you say you were doin this 3 days ago and then give the details today?). And minimal communication.

Welp, still nothing.

Hope drafters have fun.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Literally the least amount of work possible short of not doing any work. Literally zero communication all week.

Guys. This is not okay. This is not going to save the game. You cannot leave the game as is. You MUST make improvements. You cannot remain silent. You cannot ignore your fans. You HAVE to start engaging properly. Operating in complete silence is just not acceptable. It never was, but now it's especially not.

Learn a lesson from the past 5 years, already.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Well i see people are all happy about what they were asking :P

First thank you for the draft flashback.

As I understand why you chose 5-6 and 7-8 instead of previous ones (they are currently standard legal and probably still need 0 work compared to if you needed to do the same thing with set 3-4)

I would of really like something new with 7-8 since we just had those.. I wonder how they would act if we did 7-8-9 as drafts? Would that not be more ''fun''

Also, for those asking for Evo, Set 5-6 was not a good evo set. People complained a lot in that time. I still think that Its a good Idea to alternate but hey who Am I to choose :P

Gona have some fun (and hopefully the Queue will go up)

oh another thing that would be really good

MAKE A DIFFERENT POST FOR THE FLASHBACK.. NOT EVERYONE READS THE FRIDAY UPDATE AND HAS TO GO TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE HIDDEN INFO

thank you :)
    • I thought that when people asked for "Flashback draft", they implied "of sets that are not in circulation". I know I did. Am I an idiot for thinking that? Most people that are still playing joined after set 5 and they already have all those cards. it's the 1-4 sets that are "lost". At least limited will see an activity spike, hopefully.
    • Vroengard wrote:

I thought that when people asked for "Flashback draft", they implied "of sets that are not in circulation". I know I did. Am I an idiot for thinking that? Most people that are still playing joined after set 5 and they already have all those cards. it's the 1-4 sets that are "lost". At least limited will see an activity spike, hopefully.