Dark Garden, Cadaverous Husker Infinite Summoner Deck (Need help polishing)

• Dark Garden, Cadaverous Husker Infinite Summoner Deck (Need help polishing)

So I've been playing around with Cadaverous Husker lately, and its a fun card. More so Since almost no one is ever expecting it.
      But I feel like I can still improve on the deck, Does anyone have any suggestions for PvP?

I've got two "Flavors" for this deck, a B/W and a B/S, but they both do essentially the same thing; Get some kind of Deathcry/Deploy: Summon X on Cadaverous Husker (Examples being Cycle of Life, Major Blood Orb of Fleshcraft, etc etc), then use a Sacrifice card ( Giant Centipede, Corpsemulch, Rapacious Rootworm, another Cadaverous Husker etc etc) to Sacrifice it, Causing it to trigger its Deathcry, then using spawned Troops to Fuel the Husker's Rebirth, then rinse and repeat. Granted its a little slow, and it has some weaknesses. but its almost never expected, and if you can get the Card out, 9/10 times, you Win.
      I'm trying to play with Dreadlings and War Drums to see if I can speed it up any, but not sure if it will work or not, yet.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=344763 (B/W flavor)
      The first one I worked on, and the most stable. Not to say it doesn't need work. The idea here is to ramp up and and get a Cadaverous Husker with a Giant Centipede and a throw away Troop (most often a Dreadling) out on the field, and use your power on the Husker by turn 4 or 5. After that, most people quit once you start spawning unlimited Blightblossoms.
      The Rapacious Rootworm is great draw power and can act as a Substitute for Giant Centipede if you can't draw it in time.
      I've also played around with using Dreadling and Rabid Rage to beef everything up as well.
      I'm looking for combos or cards I might have overlooked that could better play on this decks strengths, or cover some weaknesses without slowing it down.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=200165 (B/S flavor)
      This the second one that I've been working on. If the one before was about Ramp, this one is Stall. Its slower, but the stall can give you the time you need. The Key card here is still Cadaverous Husker, but instead of Plagueroot the Hollow or Cycle of Life, you want to use a Sorcerous Sculpting with a Major Blood Orb of Fleshcraft on it. This will summon ANOTHER Husker, that when it dies, will summon a 5/5. From there, its just a matter of using a throwaway troop to give it rebirth then alternating between the Two Huskers to fuel one's rebirth and trigger the other's Deathcry, summoning your 5/5 Army.
      Frostshaper Gorkrog was the best I could find for this deck, since He will allow you to create a Spare copy of your Sculpted Husker, on the Off chance that they have some counter for it.
      Now, this deck IS quite a bit slower than the first, with a "Win" typical around round 6-7, so its not as stable, and needs more work than the first. But the Stall does help, I just feel like it could be done better.

Now I DO know that this Deck has some glaring Weaknesses, the most obvious being Void cards being is absolute Bane (since Void doesn't trigger Deathcry or Rebirth, though on the plus side, it is very resistant to most Normal removal). It can also be pretty slow. Both decks have some stall and defense, but its not very sturdy, and the minimal time for a Win is turn 5. Lastly, after you when 1 game, The poignant tends to be extremely sensitive to your Cadaverous Huskers, so you have to watch it.
      But despite these, it is still a fun combo to play, I just need help polishing it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Osamaru ().

• Osamaru wrote:

I've been trying to find alternate, easier combos to pull off, such as something that triggers when a troop dies, or when something is brought back, but nothing so far.
      Splashing diamond and Count Dragomir comes in mind, but I still haven't seen a decent deck using his ability.
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Vroengard wrote:

Osamaru wrote:

I've been trying to find alternate, easier combos to pull off, such as something that triggers when a troop dies, or when something is brought back, but nothing so far.
      B/W with Gallows Ash and Swampwater Recluse
      However, both your deck and this one lose to Eldurathan's Glory
      Ya, Diamond is a major block to this deck, since it has a lot of void style cards. Even if you win 1 match by catching them unaware, they'll often learn and save their void for your Husker during the next.
    • Osamaru wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

Osamaru wrote:

B/W with Gallows Ash and Swampwater RecluseHowever, both your deck and this one lose to Eldurathan's Glory
      Ya, Diamond is a major block to this deck, since it has a lot of void style cards. Even if you win 1 match by catching them unaware, they'll often learn and save their void for your Husker during the next.
      On the brightside, if/when rotation occurs having Glory out the meta will be nice for this kinda strat.
    • DogeyMcDogeface wrote:

Osamaru wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

Osamaru wrote:

B/W with Gallows Ash and Swampwater RecluseHowever, both your deck and this one lose to Eldurathan's Glory
      On the brightside, if/when rotation occurs having Glory out the meta will be nice for this kinda strat.
      Yam I am interested to see what the next rotation brings to this deck.