In the Meantime - Please Consider and Communicate Concerning Player Suggestions

• In the Meantime - Please Consider and Communicate Concerning Player Suggestions

Heya Hex Community and Team!

First of all, thank you Hex Team for creating a product that is nothing short of AMAZING!! When it comes to art, strategy, complexity, profundity, mechanics, and just an overall fun experience - this wonderful card game is top-notch. For everyone that is still sticking with the Hex Team, please be encouraged that you still have a great, great thing going here! I appreciate all the hard work currently put into this game that I absolutely love and wish to see further succeed like BLOODY HELL!! :D

In the meantime, while we are waiting for the delayed set 10 release (I get it, things happen and delays can occur), please, please, PLEASE consider the EXCELLENT ideas that the players have suggested to keep us signing back in to HEX: Shards of Fate until the next PVP installment. Personally, I would LOVE to see the very enticing concept of 'Flashback' drafts available in the near future; my card collection for sets prior to set 8 (because I haven't been playing Hex for long) are quite scarce, and I would be thrilled to gain more access to older cards through fun modes. Awesome players with awesome ideas have also suggested: Kismet Drafts, Wackiness (not exactly sure what that is, but sounds interesting), additional PVE dungeons/Material (even if it's not an entire zone at one time), and a plethora of other great suggestions to bide our time for the few 'waiting months'. The idea of flashback limited events (similar to Merry Melee rotations) is EXTREMELY exciting to me; the chance to experience older set play-experience sounds like a lot of fun (especially for the newer players)!

Obviously this great gaming community cares very deeply about the game, and they are offering up F-ING AWESOME ideas to keep Hex alive while we trudge through the current trenches together.

In finality, PLEASE consider the player's enthusiastic ideas for near-future Hex activity...and PLEASE consider communicating HEX's thoughts about what the players desire (would be willing to invest more into). As the Hex team has already witnessed with the last Friday Update, even not-so-great news can significantly shift current discouragement within the community. Honest, reasonably frequent communication is one of the keys for future success...I believe.

Thank you all for your time - F-ing luv u guys! :D
    • That's what we're asking: some changes to make the game appealing and to at least sustain some level of activity, and a better communication from them going onwards. The moment that they understand that in the end, opening a "crisis situation" like this one demands a negotiation with your actual community (a.k.a. we will stay around and hope that you can shift things around, but in return, give us x/y/z so things won't get worst) the sooner we'll see some changes here. Let's hope it doesn't take that long.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • On occasion they have gone out and said "Players' suggestion X wouldn't work". Well, yea, most of the shit we brainstorm would have issues that a competent game designer or market reviewer could point out. But if possible, I'd like them to tell us which part wouldn't't work and why. So instead of going around repeating the same thing X and wondering how HXE can't see how awesome it is, we could come up with a better version Y based on the comments.
    • I am going to be that guy I guess. But the optimism after the two paragraph vague statement seems a little overblown. Nowhere did Cory state that communication would be improved or some type of dialogue would occur with suggestions. It should improve....... and it would help the game, but it doesn't seem likely right now.
    • I constantly poke Dino/others to try make things happen... there is so many small things they could potentially fix very easily... I've offered up many possible solutions several times, but then never anything is heard...

Like at least tell me WHY you can't do X and then I'll try revamp the ideas so that you CAN.

Too much time waiting and waiting for someone to make a decision or even for ideas to go through all the various channels to get to the right people...

Like with Flashback Draft or something similar... PUSH THE BUTTON ALREADY?! You already know that player activity starts to drop off at a certain period into each set... so where is the foresight? It wouldn't be hard to make a poll on the forum even, ask the players what they would like with various options... set XXX flashback or set YXZ flashback or a different kismet draft... Spice things up again! The systems are already in place! In the future you could even do some cool stuff like I mentioned here to spice things up.

Re-vamp and actually MAKE VIP VISIBLE... this is something you should be making desirable for ALL players to have... you can't just implement stuff then tuck them away in obscure places... ACTUALLY MAKE YOUR PLAYERS AWARE IN THE >>> CLIENT <<< this goes for lots of things, so many things implemented yet the way in which you inform your players within the client is .. arghhh!! *explodes*

/cries

Edit: You know what... F IT... @HEXCoryJones I'm calling you out. Have a conversation with me (skype or anything), let's talk... lets MAKE THINGS HAPPEN...
      Last time we talked during my b-day stream you said you liked one of the ideas at the time and you were gonna write it down... sure ok whatever good that did... how about we take some baby steps and actually start implementing some potentially VERY QUICK and EASY solutions to to various annoyances that have plagued the client for years. Crack the whip and get your devs moving. Honestly, what are they currently doing??? Not trying to be nasty, but since you guys don't talk about what is happening, I honestly can't help but wonder if they're earning their pay...

There is always time to flip perceptions, START LISTENING to the community, WORK WITH US and together let's get the ball rolling.
      At least have a conversation with me, if you don't like what I have to say you can tell me to F OFF. I love this game and I want to see it succeed as much as you.

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

The post was edited 7 times, last by HAVOC ().

• Pandaemonium wrote:

But the optimism after the two paragraph vague statement seems a little overblown.
      I haven't seen any optimism. You probably misunderstand. Every post I've seen I assume it operates under the 50-50 rule: Either HXE manages to do something or they don't. All the feedback I've seen and all the suggestions I've made have nothing to do with changing the 50-50 chance, they've either been for what HXE should do during the waiting time and what they should do if the 50-50 coinflip lands favourably. So no, there's no optimism. It's just that there's really 0 things anyone can do if the coinflip lands unfavourably (in fact, all mentions I've seen regarding whether they can manage to get whatever they need in order to keep the shop open has been on the pessimistic side, mostly bringing up their past bad records).

EDIT: I lied. It's not ACTUALLY 50-50. It depends on a great many lo of things that are almost impossible to account for, hence the simple 50-50.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vroengard ().

• Vroengard wrote:

On occasion they have gone out and said "Players' suggestion X wouldn't work". Well, yea, most of the shit we brainstorm would have issues that a competent game designer or market reviewer could point out. But if possible, I'd like them to tell us which part wouldn't't work and why. So instead of going around repeating the same thing X and wondering how HXE can't see how awesome it is, we could come up with a better version Y based on the comments.
      Normally, the game company takes those suggestions and adapt by themselves so it works. That's the standard procedure of "taking a good idea from the player" and in any field really. If I am writing a book and you give me some good ideas, I am the one that brainstorm and see how to fits it in, not you. Players are not supposed to be the one to figure out how to make it works. If they say what you said they said, it mostly means they don't want to do it.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

On occasion they have gone out and said "Players' suggestion X wouldn't work". Well, yea, most of the shit we brainstorm would have issues that a competent game designer or market reviewer could point out. But if possible, I'd like them to tell us which part wouldn't't work and why. So instead of going around repeating the same thing X and wondering how HXE can't see how awesome it is, we could come up with a better version Y based on the comments.
      Normally, the game company takes those suggestions and adapt by themselves so it works. That's the standard procedure of "taking a good idea from the player" and in any field really. If I am writing a book and you give me some good ideas, I am the one that brainstorm and see how to fits it in, not you. Players are not supposed to be the one to figure out how to make it works. If they say what you said they said, it mostly means they don't want to do it.
      Reality has shown that HXE needs all the extra help they can get doing things. I'm not saying they are totally incompetent, but... well... the community is far more invested in the wellbeing of the company and game than your example.

Besides, HXE has so few people that I think they could use a hundred more for something (brainstorming). And we're even doing it for free, with the view to even give money whenever the realization comes.
    • Thing is, they're forced to hear us if they want to survive (and I think they are). The game will not carry on these months if they dont do something to keep us playing. And if they think that with some money that appears and with set 10 it will be ok, they're wrong and with set 11 it will be the same story if we get to that point.

Having people playing your game, even if its free (free siege or merry melee) gives indirect revenue sooner or later and if you want to sell the game/look for investors/whatever having a game with a decent level of activity its a selling point.

So, yes, while we dont know how to solve any financial issue, we all have good ideas to keep us, the players, engaged. And its in their best interest that they hear us and act quickly. Due to the extreme situation, I'm actually leaning to believe that they will.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • They are not forced to do anything.
      If old habits die hard, they will simply apply the same logic as always.... fish for some new imaginary market while doing their own thing and ignoring the community that knows how they want to play the game...

Yes, if they want to survive, but maybe we are not the players that can teach these men how to fish.
    • DetectiveHexCrux wrote:

Wackiness (not exactly sure what that is, but sounds interesting)
      Since you missed it, prior to the first set rotation, they did a period where Evos were set 1-5 all cards available at random. That's what people usually mean when they say 'wacky evo' because it was a loveable mess. What people are basically asking for with that particular concept is like a set 1-9 evo or draft or both where all cards can happen.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.