Friday Update - A Few Words

• While i'm disappointed that set 10 is delayed i'm glad you let us know. And the timing actually works out better for me personally.

Aside from that though with a possible 2 further months I would like to throw out the idea of using those extra 2 months as a chance to try out doing flashback limited events of either set 6+5 or 8+7, both to help with prices of cards of those sets and because set 9 just isn't the most popular limited format.
      Also if set 10 is delayed I would like to see that time used to put a few small QoL improvements in a small patch. Have when you list cards on the AH auto put the lowest buyout option like Start price as an example.

I don't have much more to add than that. It was just an idea I wanted to throw out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Reeplay ().

• It's nice to actually hear something of substance, but this isn't good news. Delaying set 10 for two months could easily be the death knell for this game since I don't know how the player base survives with no new content and I don't know how things get any better for HXE's financial situation by delaying their main source of revenue.

Even if something truly is in the works to expand the company, I'm not sure it can pull itself out of this nosedive
    • Reeplay wrote:

While i'm disappointed that set 10 is delayed i'm glad you let us know. And the timing actually works out better for me personally.

Aside from that though with a possible 2 further months I would like to throw out the idea of doing using those extra 2 months as a chance to try out doing flashback limited events of either set 6+5 or 8+7, both to help with prices of cards of those sets and because set 9 just isn't the most popular limited format.
      Also if set 10 is delayed I would like to see that time used to put a few small QoL improvements in a small patch. Have when you list cards on the AH auto put the lowest buyout option like Start price as an example.

I don't have much more to add than that. It was just an idea I wanted to throw out.
      They could do it like Merry Melee and rotate different limited variants.
      With the waiting time I'd like an easier way to finish my set 5 and 6 playsets.
    • Ok, this is interesting.

And a first step towards rebuilding the link with (part of) the community, and it's a shift from the last previous cory's update. Of course, I'm not the only one worried about financial issues with HXE. But at least it's good to acknowledge that they exist and to be fair, at least you're working towards a solution instead of just dropping everything. Hopefully things will be sorted out somehow to keep the game alive and well. One can criticize some aspects of the game or the management, but we can do that as long as we have a game to play or criticize.

As this is a game that I love, I don't want to see it going away. And the last weeks were very demotivating. Just a small suggestion: Seems like hard times lies ahead, instead of building a shell between HXE and the community, try to recreate some atmosphere to carry on with this together. Talk with us, give us some more insight, try to do something with the game that at least keeps up with desire to play while we're waiting (you know... free casual modes or siege).

Honesty is the first step towards rebuilding something that is lost. But it's not the only thing needed.

I really hope things works out well for HXE. But I'm not a fool, I will believe things can work out when I see that things are actually done to improve AND to pass this moment. 2 months of silence, set 10 and a big announcement in 3 or 4 months won't be enough, and the current weltanschauung of the community NEEDS to be addressed, as it's clearly demotivating the current players, any potential new one and I might want to bet that the mood at HXE also.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • I'm glad to finally hear some news, and I'm glad to hear you're looking into expanding. Set 10 being delayed is disappointing, especially since I've gotten so bored with 9 that I haven't even bothered to use my free weekly draft tickets in weeks. While it wasn't mentioned, I assume that if the PVP release has been pushed back 2 months, there's no chance we'll be seeing AZ3 this year (not that I had much hope we actually would).
    • Plotynus wrote:

I really hope things works out well for HXE. But I'm not a fool, I will believe things can work out when I see that things are actually done to improve AND to pass this moment. 2 months of silence, set 10 and a big announcement in 3 or 4 months won't be enough, and the current weltanschauung of the community NEEDS to be addressed, as it's clearly demotivating the current players, any potential new one and I might want to bet that the mood at HXE also.
      Seconded... I haven't dropped any money on this game in months because of all this mystery surrounding the fate of things... I would probably go back to paying for things if I had some concrete knowledge that any money I put in wouldn't be effectively wasted pending some sort of shut down
    • Well thank you for addressing the elephant in the room. Transparency is important.

This might be a good time to consider flashbacks/wackiness/kismet/etc.

Edit: And @HEXCoryJones - just to be clear... even if this wasn't the specific news we wanted to hear, what we wanted was to hear actual, real news. So thank you for sharing that. Please don't let this be the end of your communicating with us.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• As others have voiced. Flashback or Kismet draft returns would be a great way to mix things up. Potentially even bring in some revenue.

Unlock a silly mode or two here and there (primal pack draft with no keeping of cards was fun a while ago).

There were a few items for the game teased a while back, a PvE dungeon of some form, a few things like this could help increase the playerbase if they are good to go.

i'm sure i'll think of things later on this as well.
    • I love the guarded optimism most of you have with this communication.

My first thought was, 'Shit, when they go defunct I won't even be able to play PVE because it uses online servers.'

My advice, worth what you paid for it, is play the hell out of the game right now. Your window is closing. Enjoy it while you can.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JazzfanTwentySev ().

• It was pretty apparent that this was the situation 4 weeks ago. Leaving people in the dark about it, while trying to spin it for the playerbase likely caused more harm than good.

If you want to save the game at this point, it will take more than investors, platforms, and flip a switch game modes with plat entry fees.

Perhaps you could look at $ fees for content models, commission based art work based on ways it is sold or “tipped” for in game to further support artists. A social platform.... guilds. Tweaks to systems to show you care about the playerbase.. like endless FRA, Account Leveling, Siege mode payouts not pay-ins. Merrry melee free, rotational.

The economy of the game is broken and will only be fixed financially by going for money more directly, not plat sinks.
    • From a purely selfish point of view, the longer I have to collect cards, chests and the gold with which to spin them (and my backlog of older chests) the better! If the pace didn't slow down a bit like this I was very much considering whether I need to give up and cash out. This extra breathing time will let me catch up a bit and keep me in the game :)