Friday Update - A Few Words

• Just so you guys know... I'm not being negative... I just want them to SHOW US they are actually taking steps to keep everything going. It doesn't mean much to post a tiny bit of text... ACTIONS speak louder than words.

I'd really love to see them actually start patching some of the easy stuff, I've said this many times to many people, there are a lot of things in the client that are potentially very easy to patch and would likely take a competent programmer a lunch time to do. If they actually started addressing that stuff, it would show a sign of change... something that is obviously needed.

They need to change their ways if they want to succeed going forward.

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon
    • Some of the things they could fix include things that are already better on the ps4... -_- But there is also NO reasons not to give certain things to PC first and patch to PS4 when able.

I'd even be happy just being told that A is done, B is done, C is done, working on D etc... again they need to talk to us.

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

The post was edited 1 time, last by HAVOC ().

• HAVOC wrote:

Just so you guys know... I'm not being negative... I just want them to SHOW US they are actually taking steps to keep everything going. It doesn't mean much to post a tiny bit of text... ACTIONS speak louder than words.

I'd really love to see them actually start patching some of the easy stuff, I've said this many times to many people, there are a lot of things in the client that are potentially very easy to patch and would likely take a competent programmer a lunch time to do. If they actually started addressing that stuff, it would show a sign of change... something that is obviously needed.

They need to change their ways if they want to succeed going forward.
      way too late for a change, the only change that could help would be a change of the developer and a relaunch with all the missing features (raids/guilds and moooooooooooaaaaaaaaar)
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Sukebe wrote:

This thread has shown exactly why they didn't want to post this information. it is now nothing chicken littles claiming the sky is falling.
      This thread has shown why it is problematic to post that type of information when you have no community manager.

But it was just as bad before they posted it.

The only change is that in stead of JUST negativity, there was a bit of positivity while people got their hopes up at a possibility of things improving. Now that the effect of that has worn off, it's back to business as usual.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Hex should should have stopped us chicken littles months ago by stating what they are going to do to improve the game. Instead they kept silent, did strange things that look like cash grabs and watched alot of people quit the game. If you think the forums are your enemy, please think again.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Hex should should have stopped us chicken littles months ago by stating what they are going to do to improve the game. Instead they kept silent, did strange things that look like cash grabs and watched alot of people quit the game. If you think the forums are your enemy, please think again.
      Yeah, I can't agree that things are worse now. Doomsaying and developer berating's been the norm for literally months. It's even gotten a little better since the update.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Sukebe wrote:

This thread has shown exactly why they didn't want to post this information. it is now nothing chicken littles claiming the sky is falling.

Sure, a lot people already assumed the worst but now, with just a small post from cory admitting things are not all peachy, we have people shitting on the game, on the devs, and all HexEnt staff.

I hope this thread gets closed soon, it can do nothing but hurt Hex at this point.
      You know what players got when they were civil in voicing their opinions? Silence.
      You know what players got when they were facing their worries? Deafening silence.
      You know what players got when they were consistently troubled about the state of the game? Orfield Labs' anechoic chamber levels of silence.
      No wonder people are going crazy.

And now you jump in here and try blaming developers' silence on players?
      That's rich.

You reap what you sow. Ignore community for too long whilst steadily going downhill, and you get angry people. And after some time there is just no going back.
      And if this thread is hurting HEX, then it means that the developers will finally have to face the music or the game is done.
      Joke is a very serious thing.
    • And the most surprising part is that majority of thread was unexpectedly civilized and polite before.

But I've seen where this leads. It's the same as at least two other threads that got removed a little while ago. In those, people were mostly venting, not in a "this is banworthy" way and then someone who is "bored of reading the same shit" comes along and accuses the posters of stuff or straight-up makes a claim like "This must be removed", in order to create a stir. People fail to see the trick and attack him, thread gets removed.

Now I am not saying that all 3 times was intentional, but I can't stop anyone from thinking so. In the end, it doesn't really matter because the end result is the same. However, this is a Hex announcement thread so at worst it'll get locked and not removed.
    • Verdant wrote:

And after some time there is just no going back.
      Here's the thing... there still IS the chance to go back. They just need to make a commitment to talking to us.

Not once. Not once a week. Not twice a week. Daily. They need to be in here chatting with us, offering us info, news, interaction, jokes, games, etc.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

Verdant wrote:

And after some time there is just no going back.
      Here's the thing... there still IS the chance to go back. They just need to make a commitment to talking to us.
      Not once. Not once a week. Not twice a week. Daily. They need to be in here chatting with us, offering us info, news, interaction, jokes, games, etc.
      I dont think Dino's full time job is community manager. If it was, I would agree with you. Weekly communication would suffice with me. Or at the very least was does the future hold for hex.
    • First they would need a leader who is able to formulate a coherent plan to go forward and prioritize things that people actually want. Sadly, the past has proven Hex doesn't have that. I think either an angel descends from the heavens and saves the game or its screwed.

We've been saying the same crap for 2 years. Its impossible to expect things to happen now that hex is in an even more precarious financial position with less staff and resources.

Implementing flashbacks would probably be the extent of what they can do. And with the player base already probably half what it was 4 months ago that wouldn't do much at all. Although I would like it.

Suggestions like changing the AH or UI elements or the NPE are just unrealistic now.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

I dont think Dino's full time job is community manager.
      Then this is the problem. That's what they need right now. A full time community manager... or for everyone to pitch in enough to make us not notice they don't have one.

• Oh well.
      Sucks for us.

Keep using these forums for group therapy.
      Nothing is magically getting better dudes.
      HEX broke its hip in 2016, and refused physical therapy. Let it go onto the Alaskan bed of ice and float off.

On a tangential note, Above and Beyond, “Group Therapy” have some pretty nice tracks.
    • I honestly am impressed with the ideas this community keeps offering for years and HEX's decision that indie/small studio doesn't give a crap. I've bought a ton of early access/KS and guess what? They all take feedback. They all change.

This game offers ZERO cosmetics other than a Battleboard(10) and Premium decks(20). It would of behooved you to make AA champions from the get go, because people like to be different. AA shards should of been the first thing implemented and rotated with price tags.

But I regress, I typed all that crap above a couple days ago and just restored it. HEX is against the ropes at this moment, and they aren't Rocky or Apollo. I'd say they are someone more past their prime and they don't care about redemption since nothing has been attempted to fix anything in weeks. Like seriously. Why has flashbacks not started? You mentioned they would in an article back in January that after the 2 month mark draft interest fades. So all we got was some weak ass words that basically said we have no money for art and I can't talk about anything. How the BLEEP are you going to get art for a 200ish card set (saying you pay around 500 a piece) You think your going to recoup 100k? LOL all day long. This game with a new set may pull in 20k. Everyone has plat and no one not hopped up on drugs or drunk is going to spend a dime, since it looks the the captain abandoned ship.

Get off the fucking ropes. Fight and at least go down swinging. Or curl up and tap out already, you could at least have the decency to do that.
    • New

Seriously, if all they lacks is the drawing, there are tons of ways to get them at a cheaper price. For instance, I see that some of the artists in the past are from countries...that don't have tier 1 economy, let's put it that way. I have seen a studio from Thailand who painted a few Hex cards and I can tell you that you don't need 500 USD to get artists from there. I have frequent freelance sites before, I have seen people from many countries working for less USD than what an American would expect, some are even lower than minimum wage in US. But that's enough for them in their countries. Currency exchange rate is a wonderful thing. For instance, a lot of Malaysian are working at the neighboring Singapore because the exchange rate is 3.X.

All I am saying is, search for budget artists. The world is huge. Freelance sites are everywhere. There's also deviantart. You'd be surprise at the quality you can get at a lower price. There is no need to spend $500 USD(assuming what people claiming here is true; I have doubts) on a single art piece. It's call budget cutting, which Hex Ent probably needs to do in the current situation. One can argue about quality decrease but seriously, sometime a company just have to take a bullet. If you can get a painting at $100(80% discount) and it only looks slightly worse, like 10% to 20% quality drop, that is profit. On in CG term, value.