A new format idea for Hex

• A new format idea for Hex

Hey Hexers, I have an idea that I wanted to pass along to everyone and see what the response is gonna be.
      So a few buddies of mine were on chat playing hex and kinda came to the conclusion that yes, ranked is something that is needed, but what about an unranked format that is casual and fun, free to play without the need to charge 500 plat in order to play something I enjoy (looking at you immortal gauntlet, ruining my dreams to play janky decks with my friends to see if it is good or not without out killing my rank). But MTG has EDH and Hex has Dingleton. So why not make Dingleton into a free unranked format that just adds a bit of flavor and growth to the community.
      I will play dingleton in the merry melee event when I can, even if I do have the sleeves and the rewards aren't just doing it for me, but in hindsight it's a really fun format.
      So my question to everyone is, what do you think of dingleton being it's own format that we could play and enjoy?
    • schild wrote:

[PSN]bourbenr wrote:

nope, ps4 can't challenge. Hell we don't even have a campaign. It's just PvP. Which I don't mind but man id enjoy more features like pc has
      haha
      oh man

that's really something
      If that's "something", then the people that kept defending the port and attacking others like me on social media for advising PS4 players asking about the game to better play on PC are a lot of somethings.
    • [PSN]bourbenr wrote:

you are correct. They won't be. But it would be much appreciated if it was added to ps4
      Blissfully unaware of the (more than likely) impending doom?

While they are at it perhaps they could also add multiplayer, guilds and raids...you know, *some* of the stuff that would make this game a game worth playing rather than the shadow of what it should be.

Why can I not let sleeping (or in this case terminally ill) dogs lie?
    • [PSN]bourbenr wrote:

Hey Hexers, I have an idea that I wanted to pass along to everyone and see what the response is gonna be.
      So a few buddies of mine were on chat playing hex and kinda came to the conclusion that yes, ranked is something that is needed, but what about an unranked format that is casual and fun, free to play without the need to charge 500 plat in order to play something I enjoy (looking at you immortal gauntlet, ruining my dreams to play janky decks with my friends to see if it is good or not without out killing my rank). But MTG has EDH and Hex has Dingleton. So why not make Dingleton into a free unranked format that just adds a bit of flavor and growth to the community.
      I will play dingleton in the merry melee event when I can, even if I do have the sleeves and the rewards aren't just doing it for me, but in hindsight it's a really fun format.
      So my question to everyone is, what do you think of dingleton being it's own format that we could play and enjoy?
      It's still July 2018, right? I didn't fall into a time machine, or did I?

Casual and fun modes that are free to play were suggested by the community for quite some time now, so chances aren't that high that you will see them as individual formats in Hex. Challenging friends on PC is the only way you can enjoy this kind of mode right now.
    • [PSN]bourbenr wrote:

Yeah a lot of somethings. I'd settle for a challenge feature but man id also like to see the auction house, buy packs from people that sell older packs but alas we cant
      I'm sorry. You PS players are really screwed.

I wonder how they thought it is acceptable to launch the PS4 version with even less features than the PC.

No AH in a TCG client... wow. This is low.
    • cainhu wrote:

Morwath wrote:

...wait, so PS4 version is CCG without crafting?
      I wonder if it's a sign for HEX's (badly) planned future.
      A CCG with no crafting, no PVE element, almost no free progression and no social features. Sounds like MTGx, Hearthstone, TES Legends and Artifact are all in serious trouble.
      If that is the future then honestly not a whole lot has changed. Hex is arguably the least rewarding card game for a casual player (not including pve). Probably a big reason we are where we are.
    • WHAT!!!!! THERE'S CRAFTING!?!?!?!?!?!?! I already new about armor and weapons for cards and champions (still a bit of shit when that equation comes into siege and I lose to burn turn 3/4 consistently) but crafting really. Yeah the best thing I can tell you is Hex for ps4 is..... well Hex Lite. A very fragile shell with no actual filling. We have siege, vs AI or player with premade decks, ranked and paid events. Hell now with the immortal gauntlet I can't participate in the Immortal Championship, which I had a blast in my first one and that was the last one.
      Yes, I enjoy hex very well and from the response I've gotten from the community already it seems yeah I have the short end. But if you wish to know and have a pc go download it for 15 min and look around and tell me that the new class of players that do enjoy playing this game, needs a change or else we will probably just delete the game/application (whatever you decide to call it since it's become a chore to maintain rank and the same idea that I started with when I first played) and won't look back