A point of view

• A point of view

Hello dear Hexers!

I just wanted to chime in and share some thoughts regarding all that has been going on lately
      and to say something to all of us (including me) who are speculating of the worse.;l

I feel you, really.

Let's ASSUME from what he have (not) seen and (not) heard lately, that Hex is in a tough spot.
      And yes, the communication is not good at all.
      All this silence is killing us, making us think the worse, make our worries and frustration grow,
      our patience and hopes diminish.

BUT we all do love this game. We want it to survive, to see it grow, we want to keep playing this game
      as long as possible.
      And we may disagree with how things are handled and their stance and get dissapointed, so we act how we act.

And now I am asking you...
      Do WE have the right stance towards the game? However the state may be?

I will tell you how I see things from my percpective.
      When you care about something, no matter how bad things may seem,
      you don't give up. Or at least, you DO NOT try to make things worse.
      And I strongly believe, that the way our community has reacted to the latest lack of proper management
      IS making things worse. IF things may be indeed gloomy, WE may the ones who put the final gravestone.

As I said above, we assume the worst. What do we do? We keep spreading fear and insecurity.
      How does this impact the game?
      People cash out, people get furious and behave out of self, get banned, stop playing, and in my opinion the worst of all,
      new players are discouraged from joining the game and staying.
      And this has a negative effect on all of us long term. Is this really what we want?
      Yes , we have kind been given the right to react in such way.
      But, should we? Or should we think with more clarity?

I believe that there is virtue when you do not allow someone else's negative actions guide you to a negative path,
      making you to adopt the same or worse behaviour.

Violence is bringing only more violence. This is what I see that is happenning.

Or more correctly, it is like an earthquake is happening, and instead of being calm,
      act as a whole and operate in coordination, we rush out to save ourselves, without minding that we
      are stepping on others.

What I suggest here, is another approach to things.
      And yes, we have tried again and again a better approach. That is for sure.
      Other times we succeded, other times no.
      I have never seen such a strong community.
      But in a time of maybe the most serious crisis in the game's time(and I say maybe, cause until we hear something formal
      everything is just speculations)
      we crumbled like a castle of sand, instead of being more united, thoughtful and caring about what we love,
      no matter how we are treated.
      Instead of promoting content creation, friendly atmosphere and keeping calm,
      we keep shaking the dust up.
      I do not imply that I have done something so possitive. There are people that have contributed A LOT more
      and I share your concerns, I had my moments of frustration too,
      but at least let's not do anything that may have a negative impact on the game.

That is what I am suggesting here,
      and that is what I believe our community should stand for.

Give it a thought before discarding.
      Thank you :)
      (and maybe we can have a discussion about what we can do as A WHOLE to help thing, just in case our fears may come true)
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • You do not calm a tantrum-throwing child with endless platitudes. At some point you have to draw a line and say 'no'.

We want HEX to succeed, yes. We also know that the current management style isn't working. We've offered so many suggestions, we've been very supportive for a very long time, but HXE refused to listen.

If we keep trying to be nice to them, we know the management won't change and HEX won't survive. So we try something else.
    • A lot of us, including myself, were very supportive of hexent in the past. But they keep stringing us along with absolute silence and very poor decisions/design that we clearly say we do not like, and we provided feedback.

No matter how much feedback we provided, they kept on being silent. The few whimpers of 'oh look, promised pve features are coming!' have been forgotten and we havent heard of things they talked about for nearly a YEAR. Some of the communication the community is asking for isn't even hard to do.

Hexent is handlng the game very, very poorly. We want to help but hexent wont let us help. It wasn't helpful on that one fateful day of artistgate that Cory basically threw out a fuck you article to the community and they BOTCHED siege sacks.
    • Did the digging their own grave meme not serve the purpose of alerting everyone that is slightly jaded as to where the responsibilities are?

There is no need to hold the community personally accountable for the issues and frustrations that are continually escalating here.

Maybe your post will stay up long enough for people to read that...
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Let's ASSUME from what he have (not) seen and (not) heard lately, that Hex is in a tough spot.
      Or let's UNDERSTAND from what Fred has been providing in his State of the Game reports that Hex is in a tough spot.

AxelDWater wrote:

BUT we all do love this game. We want it to survive, to see it grow, we want to keep playing this game as long as possible.
      And we may disagree with how things are handled and their stance and get dissapointed, so we act how we act.

And now I am asking you...
      Do WE have the right stance towards the game? However the state may be?
      We had the "right stance" towards the game for what, 2-3 years? Unfortunately this situation is not 50-50 fault between players and HXE. It's about 15-85. So us maintaining pointlessly the "right stance" would change absolutely nothing. We have 3 years experience.

AxelDWater wrote:

When you care about something, no matter how bad things may seem, you don't give up. Or at least, you DO NOT try to make things worse.
      You are talking to people who have NOT given up. The people who have given up are not here to read what you're typing. Want me to start bringing up name? I might, in the final hour, because right now I don't want my post to get deleted. But there're lists with "holier than thou" players and content creators and public faces who, when the bad times came a-rolling, simply vanished.

And your definition of "make matters worse" is subjective. If someone close to me had suicidal tendencies or did drugs, you can bet that I'd beat them up, confiscate his stuff and money and perhaps keep him under lock and key until they got proper help. This would make things worse NOW but in the long run it'd be the best move.

AxelDWater wrote:

As I said above, we assume the worst. What do we do? We keep spreading fear and insecurity. How does this impact the game?
      People cash out, people get furious and behave out of self, get banned, stop playing, and in my opinion the worst of all, new players are discouraged from joining the game and staying.
      And this has a negative effect on all of us long term.
      No, we don assume. We know. We have seen the numbers. I've seen people say that "But they may have backers behind the scenes". For one, THIS is something we definitely not know, unlike how we do know that the game's numbers are dwindling. Secondly, if they had behind the scenes backers, they've had them ALL THIS TIME and they not earned anything. On the contrary, the HXE has shrunk. Unless they have people like this guy backing them.

People cashing out is NOT a reaction to the forum posts. People cashing out is a reaction to the State of the Game, a reaction to PS4 port failing MISERABLY, a reaction to the 0 Sony advertising, a reaction to the company's lies, a reaction to the ignoring of communication.

NEW PLAYERS SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED FROM PLAYING THE GAME. Why? Because the game requires you to pay in order to play it. We are PEOPLE and GAMERS before we are Hex Players. We should protect and stick to our own. We must protect people from potentially throwing away money, expecting what we expected 4 years ago at a moment such as this. I absolutely LOATHE people telling potentially new players half-truths and, above all else, advising them to "Not visit the forums". It's not enough that they stick their heads in the sand, they're throwing some towards the other players too.

Fucking A+ moral sense there, guys.

AxelDWater wrote:

But in a time of maybe the most serious crisis in the game's time (and I say maybe, cause until we hear something formal everything is just speculations)
      we crumbled like a castle of sand, instead of being more united, thoughtful and caring about what we love, no matter how we are treated.
      I don't remember how long you've been with us, I think it's a lot. Now is not the "most serious crisis. Now we see the results of the "most serious crisis". The "most serious crisis" started on around 2016, maybe slightly earlier. And we did last surprisingly long. Know why? Because we still poured money in the game. I am convinced in my heart at this point that a small minority of players, most of them active forum members (maybe not right now that "forums are too hurtful, I don't go there anymore and you should not go there either") has given an disproportional amount of money to HXE.

Also, being "more united, thoughtful and caring [...] no matter how we are treated" is a sign of Stockholm syndrome and masochism. There are whole campaigns trying to give people strength to escape their captors.

AxelDWater wrote:

Instead of promoting content creation
      Again, see above. Most serious content creators that tried Hex never stuck with it and those that did have left since a few months back. because they are smart and know the market and the signs.

AxelDWater wrote:

maybe we can have a discussion about what we can do as A WHOLE to help thing, just in case our fears may come true
      If our fears come true, there is literally nothing anyone can do because whatever your accounts has access to in Hex has 0 effect outside of the client. The best attempt I saw were (1) a new Kickstarter to show some bigger company that there is still interest in the product and (2) a community that will not disband after the end but branch to other games.

Unless you mean "What we can do to avert the worst". In that case I think the answer is, again, literally nothing. But that's a more active "nothing". I mean drop everything. It's HXE's move. Stop spending. Stop streaming. Stop playing. Stop posting. I think it's the only thing that will prompt a reaction.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

I can see a cheap way out being argued by hex that the forums are a major reason for its collapse. That was an argument like three years ago made by people.

Never mind the poor pvp numbers over the years and the compete lack of good pve content.
      (1) Gameforge
      (2) Sony restrictions
      (3) Some vocal and negative community members
      (4) The market
      (5) Our own mistakes

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vroengard ().

• Vroengard wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

I can see a cheap way out being argued by hex that the forums are a major reason for its collapse. That was an argument like three years ago made by people.

Never mind the poor pvp numbers over the years and the compete lack of good pve content.
      (1) Gameforge(2) Sony restrictions
      (3) Some vocal and negative community members
      (4) The market
      (5) Our own msitakes
      The vocal and negative community members is like 5% of the problem. Stupidly expensive cards, lack of pve co-op, poor draft experience are the big three.
    • Just to be clear, something last.

I did not make this thread to continue here everything that is going on in other threads, pretty please.

All the arguments and concerns, as I said, I share and I feel.

All I am suggesting is another point of view for everyone to give a thought(including me).

:)
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • We're customers. Admittedly, fairly devoted customers... but customers. It isn't on us to have 'the right attitude' towards the game. It's up to the company selling something to us to release things that give us the 'right attitude'.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Counterpoint to OP, if y'all had gotten on board when I started blowing the whistle, maybe this shit could've been avoided.

Probably not though, even when given straightforward instruction, they went out of their way to botch it.

Edit: hard to quote a portion of a post on a phone, but this was fairly specifically in response to the bit about us crumbling like sand, which I find to be absolute bs. This community eroded way too slowly. My death by a thousand cuts thread was also a jab at how the community let this happen.
    • schild wrote:

Counterpoint to OP, if y'all had gotten on board when I started blowing the whistle, maybe this shit could've been avoided.

Probably not though, even when given straightforward instruction, they went out of their way to botch it.

Edit: hard to quote a portion of a post on a phone, but this was fairly specifically in response to the bit about us crumbling like sand, which I find to be absolute bs. This community eroded way too slowly. My death by a thousand cuts thread was also a jab at how the community let this happen.
      This...if there is a fault at the playerbase at all (and at the end you cant blame the customers anyways) it is arguably that we stayed relatively silent and calm for far too long. This "toxicity" as some call it maybe could have made a difference two years ago to get them to listen to feedback and not botch everything and getting their priorities straight. Now it might be too late anyways. We tried calm and polite feedback for how long now? How many threads and posts have been made about the auction house? The revolte started too late. We were too lenient with them too long. Now the game is probably in a state where nothing can make a difference anymore. So thats the one aspect were imo the community has to take some of the responsibility. It is like we kind of expected that our friend/family member might be having a drinking problem for years but we never really spoke with him about it cause we did not want to be impolite and maybe it wasnt even true. And now that friend/family member is in the hospital and might be dying.

But overall it isnt 15-85 but rahter 5-95 imo. Stop blaming the customer when there is basically everything wrong with the company.
    • Hex ent has screwed up consistently for years and had their priorities wrong.When they did the right things the implementation wrong,really wrong.
      The original idea of PVE has been abandoned,monetization was wrong and turned players away and core issues raised by the community haven't been dealt with
      for years.The management for the years has been a fiasco,no acknowledgment of their mistakes or communication with the community the was super positive
      and supportive.

Siege shouldn't have released like that,PS4 was a bad decision as was the steam release,AZ3 was needed a year at max after AZ2,core issues should have been handled or lots of other decision that were wrong.All were discussed in the forums they ignore.

The best thing is to sell it to better developer.Giving them more money with KS is a bad idea because it's the same management that brought Hex to this situation.The silence from Hex ent has caused the situation to spiral even more out of control.Current management created the situation,it's unlikely they can pull a miracle and fix everything.

It's more of a save a baby from a neglecting incompetent parent so it can survive at this point.
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Or more correctly, it is like an earthquake is happening, and instead of being calm,
      act as a whole and operate in coordination, we rush out to save ourselves, without minding that we
      are stepping on others.
      This is a fitting description. However this situation is caused by a lack of leadership. HxE is not providing a leader. Could a leader emerge from within the community? Doubtful, so far all the potential leaders gave up when they were totally ignored by HxE.
    • "This... it is arguably that we stayed relatively silent and calm for far too long. "

This would have required clairvoyance on our part. The biggest issue currently is the lack of communication over that 'silent and calm' period.

For example; Everytime myself and others raised the 'what about PvE?' questions Dino and Hex would respond with 'wait and it'll come. Believe me.' And we did because Hex was cashing in on the trust it had built up with it's customers.

They burned through that trust, which took time. Now that it is gone and, in my opinion, they are in trust-debt, most of their customers are no longer mollified by 'wait and trust us'.

"I mean drop everything. It's HXE's move. Stop spending. Stop streaming. Stop playing. Stop posting. I think it's the only thing that will prompt a reaction."

This is exactly what I've done since Hex showed it's fundamentally untrustworthy with not paying artists for their work. If a company treats people it has a contractual and legal obligation with like that, I as a mere customer cannot trust anything their representatives say.

This is tacit proof, to me, that they have been lying about PvE for the last two years. It's all been a con to keep players buying Platinum waiting for something they have no intention of giving us. HexEnt lies. It cheats people out of money. These are facts.

Why should I give a company that is dishonest my financial or vocal support?
    • Darklight wrote:

This would have required clairvoyance on our part. The biggest issue currently is the lack of communication over that 'silent and calm' period.
      Clairvoyance? Before Dinotropia got hired I was writing them publicly and privately about shit that needed to be solved ASAP.

It didn't require clairvoyance, it required maintaining objectivity and not having your head in the sand.

Not to victimblame, but we never should've gotten to this point and frankly, it's in part due to the community.

Edit: to be clear, the smallest of parts, particularly from the pve contingent that honestly believed a small team could deliver on fetuspault tier promises. Y'all ridiculous.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

Backing for mtg2.0 when you could have played mtg1.0 also ridiculous ;). But it was a pretty easy sell. Who woulda thunk half off would become 5x off.
      we're tight but I'm not letting this slide

Wotc creates garbage software, if modo weren't absolute trash, hex wouldn't even have space to exist

I backed the client more than anything else

Which, I suppose, is it's own special brand of irony.

Also, sometimes sequels and remakes are better than the original. IT. Godfather 2. Hills have Eyes. The Ring. Last House on the Left. The Thing. Piranha 3D. Zatoichi. Insomnia. 13 Assassin's.

Unfortunately, this is somehow The Mummy or RoboCop or Total Recall.