Friday Update - At A Glance

• Pandaemonium wrote:

RoyG wrote:

I don't even feel like making dino bot jokes about it.No set 10 news,no communication,CCS turned into platinum plunder and there no cash tournament in the game which means less competitive level and interest and it seems they are not paying cash prizes to players.

Any good news about hex?
      Hyperinflation will be a something the hex community will learn about. With more and more plat being entered in we can see its effects even more than we do now.
      In before Hex goes F2P, or whomever they might sell to goes F2P and/or makes plat worthless by changing to a CCG.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

RoyG wrote:

I don't even feel like making dino bot jokes about it.No set 10 news,no communication,CCS turned into platinum plunder and there no cash tournament in the game which means less competitive level and interest and it seems they are not paying cash prizes to players.

Any good news about hex?
      Hyperinflation will be a something the hex community will learn about. With more and more plat being entered in we can see its effects even more than we do now.
      What we have as plat sinks is collector's decks,ah house tax,tournament fees which lots of them are packs for limited that isn't played much and some in siege.
      For gold sink we have chest spinning and most people spun set 9 chests and no set 10 in sight and kismet packs that are long gone.

Gold went from 200:1 to 280:1 and we constantly have plat coming in from bashes and clashes and now even more from ccs.

The good news Hex is going to fight hyperinflation by destroying value of cards with preconstructed decks that also destroy motivation to play limited and hurt the market.

Should be interesting to watch.Where do you see effects of hyperinflation at the moment?
    • RoyG wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

RoyG wrote:

Any good news about hex?
      What we have as plat sinks is collector's decks,ah house tax,tournament fees which lots of them are packs for limited that isn't played much and some in siege.For gold sink we have chest spinning and most people spun set 9 chests and no set 10 in sight and kismet packs that are long gone.

Gold went from 200:1 to 280:1 and we constantly have plat coming in from bashes and clashes and now even more from ccs.

The good news Hex is going to fight hyperinflation by destroying value of cards with preconstructed decks that also destroy motivation to play limited and hurt the market.

Should be interesting to watch.Where do you see effects of hyperinflation at the moment?
      Gold really isnt part of the equation. The tournament playerbase is more likely to buy cards than anyone else. Those people are benefiting from plat entering the system and quite a bit of it.

More importantly, is plat never is destroyed unless it is taken from the ah cut, used for tournaments or biying packs. People cashing out are causing a glut of plat for the people who are more likely to buy cards from hex, which will lead to inflation eventually (is it hyper maybe not).

Bottom line every time someone sells something for cash the value of plat declines and selling for cash is becoming the norm. I dont buy packs for plat anymore for instance.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pandaemonium ().

• For Hex to enter hyperinflation it would only be technical not dramatic. There is likely not enough currency and forcible transactions to lead to venezuela style inflation. We will see some prices rise and that can hit the technical definition but we are not at 12k plat to the penny. Now if we had to buy a life sustaining necessity like food with plat then we could slip into that direction but we can each still accept long time preferances on assets. That tamps down inflation pretty hard itself.
    • Mokog wrote:

For Hex to enter hyperinflation it would only be technical not dramatic. There is likely not enough currency and forcible transactions to lead to venezuela style inflation. We will see some prices rise and that can hit the technical definition but we are not at 12k plat to the penny. Now if we had to buy a life sustaining necessity like food with plat then we could slip into that direction but we can each still accept long time preferances on assets. That tamps down inflation pretty hard itself.
      True, hyper is unlikely. However, the fair price of bride is very different than grain. I believe card prices already reflect pretty high inflation.
    • Steric wrote:

[PSN]h0tNstilettos wrote:

Isn't July suppose to be set 10? But still nothing announced?
      Did you not read the post literally right above yours?

My mistake. I was not aware that Steric worked for HXE and had information that the set 10 release would be handled the same way as past sets, especially considering the current doom and gloom state of Hex. Announcing sooner rather than last minute would seem wiser when so many are considering jumping ship.

The post was edited 2 times, last by [PSN]h0tNstilettos ().

• Transience wrote:

Why read if you can simply complain?
      This is suppose to be the 2nd quote in my above post. Tried everything to fix including editing the 2nd quote to Transience and changing the source to Transience's quote. So just going to delete that 2nd quote now. Hex forum editor is acting up for me right now. Tried quoting Transience multiple times but it would never grab his quote and only quote person above him. Finally working right.

The post was edited 1 time, last by [PSN]h0tNstilettos ().

• [PSN]h0tNstilettos wrote:

Transience wrote:

Why read if you can simply complain?
      This is suppose to be the 2nd quote in my above post. Tried everything to fix including editing the 2nd quote to Transience and changing the source to Transience's quote. So just going to delete that 2nd quote now. Hex forum editor is acting up for me right now. Tried quoting Transience multiple times but it would never grab his quote and only quote person above him. Finally working right.
      You can add a quote manually, albeit without linking back to the original post (which nobody uses) by just using the tag...

Source Code

1. [quote]The copy pasted text goes here[/quote]

You can also modify it to include the username manually...

Source Code

1. [quote='UsernameGoesHere']The copy pasted text goes here[/quote]

So if I wanted to quote Transience and was having issues with the forum's quote button (which is just doing the manual code for you) and I wanted to quote them, I could type out the following...

Source Code

1. [quote='Transcience']The taste of black licorice is a divine pleasure and I drink tea cold.[/quote]

which would then come out to look like this...

Transcience wrote:

The taste of black licorice is a divine pleasure and I drink tea cold.

If I wanted to go a step further I could add the link to the post back in, also manually, but you can learn all of this by hitting the little white square in the top left of the corner in either small or full post which will disable the conversion and show you the raw BBCode. You can also use HTML but thats slightly more complicated.

Most people who format posts in a complicated fashion or multi-quote are probably doing it manually.
    • [PSN]h0tNstilettos wrote:

Steric wrote:

[PSN]h0tNstilettos wrote:

Isn't July suppose to be set 10? But still nothing announced?
      Did you not read the post literally right above yours?
      My mistake. I was not aware that Steric worked for HXE and had information that the set 10 release would be handled the same way as past sets, especially considering the current doom and gloom state of Hex. Announcing sooner rather than last minute would seem wiser when so many are considering jumping ship.
      He just pointed out a fact; spoiler season isn't late at this point when compared to other set releases.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Well look at that, Dino removed more comments joking about other card games. Isn't that special? I'm starting to think I've gone on a list of people who get their comments/threads auto deleted, because I dare stand against our overlords.
      -Signature deleted by Dino.- :P
    • I think set 10 will be simply called DOOM, and it will feature the end of Enrath as a giant MurderBall consumes the whole plane. Game over.

Half-joking aside, I think the current silence is a precursor for a big announcement. (like Gameforge divorce big) No, I don't mean the announcement of a big PVE update or an ambitious roadmap form HexEnt. I hope it will be something that gives this game some hope. But I think any guesses would be more wishful thinking than reality.
    • I think the idea that they could have anything even remotely resembling "good" news at this point is depressingly laughable. No, they've burned through all their goodwill currency and since the hype and promises don't work anymore, they have nothing left to say.

Copy / Paste. Repeat.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

I think the idea that they could have anything even remotely resembling "good" news at this point is depressingly laughable. No, they've burned through all their goodwill currency and since the hype and promises don't work anymore, they have nothing left to say.

Copy / Paste. Repeat.if
      Well... a few possibilities for remotely good :

- X company bought the game from HexEnt
      - a fun to play set 10 announced/previewed

I don't list completely unrealistic good news, like AZ3 or a slightly improved AH. :P
    • cainhu wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

I think the idea that they could have anything even remotely resembling "good" news at this point is depressingly laughable. No, they've burned through all their goodwill currency and since the hype and promises don't work anymore, they have nothing left to say.

Copy / Paste. Repeat.if
      Well... a few possibilities for remotely good :
      - X company bought the game from HexEnt
      - a fun to play set 10 announced/previewed

I don't list completely unrealistic good news, like AZ3 or a slightly improved AH. :P
      since set 10 will most likely be the 2nd part of the prismatic set - point 2 is invalid anyway and in any case! (at least for the majority i guess)
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-