My absolute craziest suggestion yet

• PvE cat is out of the bag, I don't know why we keep returning to this conversation. Lots of bitching about siege, but I think (with no facts to back it up) that they had those code assets almost done, and pushed it out as desperate way to generate additional cash flow. I don't know why anyone would think that they spent more coding time on the AI after seeing it in action in siege.

Seems like least effort (but probably a very large amount of player outrage) solution to the problem that Hex doesn't make enough money on Sets would be to remove gold as a currency. Every transaction is a cash transaction.

I think (no revelation here, just repeating what others have already said) that they need to have casual formats (on demand, cashless) so that people who bought cards can actually play with them whenever they felt like in whatever format they felt like - instead of this fucked-up cash grab of "gimmee a dollar to play this format... every time you want to play". Seriously, I pay for cards, then I pay to play? What the hell is wrong with you guys?

I also want a speed option on every format. Each player gets X (I would set it to 15) seconds each phase to do what you want to, then the game auto-passes that phase.
    • Norwind wrote:

Typhonstein wrote:

I don't know why anyone would think that they spent more coding time on the AI after seeing it in action in siege.
      Because we watched Chris woods stream it live on twitch?
      Wow. I would be ashamed to live stream that quality of work as the current Siege AI is. I would be ashamed even without a live stream if this level of bad would be showcased by my name. Strange times indeed.

I wonder if they internally consider Siege a success or not.
    • Typhonstein wrote:

Norwind wrote:

Typhonstein wrote:

I don't know why anyone would think that they spent more coding time on the AI after seeing it in action in siege.
      He streamed coding the AI? ... and people watched? I'm misunderstanding something right?
      No. That is exactly what he did. I mean, he didn't show all the code on screen, but he showed snippets, and talked about what it was doing and what he was changing. It's archived on his channel, if you go back and look.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Typhonstein wrote:

Norwind wrote:

Typhonstein wrote:

He streamed coding the AI? ... and people watched? I'm misunderstanding something right?
      People also enjoyed it a lot and said they have learnt plenty of things. Maybe Chris Woods has more potential as an university professor.
    • Lots of people are interested in Coding, myself included. It's interesting to watch and listen to him explain stuff about the AI. The first stream was never VOD'ed, which is a shame as I only caught the tail end of it and it probably being the most interesting one. He was going to stream more, but it hasn't happened...
    • Typhonstein wrote:

I do software development for a living, so watching someone stream that seems like work. I guess if you have no idea how the sausage is made (and don't do it everyday), it could be interesting.
      That's the difference between 'hobby' and 'job'. Most people are less interested in watching something when they do it for a living than they are when it's just a hobby. Doing it every day and relying on it for your livelihood changes your perspective on it a lot.

This is why, even if I someday had the opportunity to do so(which is, obviously, not likely ;)), I would never want to stream for a living. I want to keep the 'fun' in it lol
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.