My absolute craziest suggestion yet

• I mean, I just offered paper with potentially good things on it and any cuts that resulted were self-inflicted. But yeah, the cuts exist - and I've made mine - and the wave of "we love you but..." salt poured into them has been producing only pain and more paper to cut upon. We gave it a damn good shot, but there is nothing left to do on our turn but poke it with a stick and grumble. Pass priority and see what happens.

"Breath gave out while it slept" is probably the more dignified way to go anyway.
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin
    • this is not to like, imply ANYTHING but

2014/2015 - "princess cokehead" cory
      2016 - "how do i tell them pve makes no money" cory
      2017 - "guys, this pve thing was a fucking mistake also, our mouth isn't big enough to chew this" cory
      2018 - WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE

i want 2014 cory back with the revelations of 2017 cory
    • schild wrote:

this is not to like, imply ANYTHING but

2014/2015 - "princess cokehead" cory
      2016 - "how do i tell them pve makes no money" cory
      2017 - "guys, this pve thing was a fucking mistake also, our mouth isn't big enough to chew this" cory
      2018 - WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE

i want 2014 cory back with the revelations of 2017 cory
      You mean the Cory that built pve in the belief they would convert to pvp and failed to properly moneitze pve? You mean the Cory that has seen crap pvp numbers since 2015 and continues to bank on it? That Cory makes no sense.
    • schild wrote:

you aren't following what i said at all
      I must be forgetting the suggestion someone made to make a set with mana leak and other high powered cards.

Seriously though what is the point, pve didnt kill this game. If you think that, it is your right I guess. We have had continuous pvp sets for awhile and we are where we are. Edh or more casual modes is not a magical bullet that will pull hex out of the fire.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

schild wrote:

you aren't following what i said at all
      I must be forgetting the suggestion someone made to make a set with mana leak and other high powered cards.
      nah, you didn't forget that

and they should but that's neither here nor there

i'm saying i want the energy and confidence of cory in 2014 combined with the realization that some shit wasn't going to work out and he should kill it before it kills him

but seriously, i was not the only person back then reading the writing on the wall about certain formats
    • There's this game that's been out for a while. It's basically Hex without PvE. If Hex offered no PvE, the difference between Hex and that game would be... virtually non-existent. Sounds like a recipe for success - release an exact copy of something else with a few cosmetic differences.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Just for an alternate point of view, closing the game for you means you play something else.

But for those still employed by HEX it means a loss of a job and income and a big impact on their personal lives. Perhaps for them if HEX makes enough money to pay the bills and give some people a job it's alright?
    • What does that have to do with what I said?

I'd rather Hex be a success. The only other game like it is MODO. I've quit MODO twice and will not be playing again.

They have put their heads in the sand and ignored the fact that they've out themselves in this position.

Why make this about sympathy for those involved? This is America, we don't have sympathy for failure in capitalistic endeavors. That's not how it works. That's not how anything works. This isn't a fortune 500 company shutting down 28000 jobs to save a few bucks. This is a six (?) person company that collectively has screwed every part of the pooch. I'd like them to not do that.

Absolutely ANY post Cory makes between now and whatever fate brings needs to start with "I'm sorry, this was my fault."
    • I'm just really not understanding the suggestion. It seems to be, "just shut er down while you have some shred of dignity left", but then you say it's not.

You really want casual (no cover fee) EDH with PvE cards included (and I agree), but it also seems like you are saying, "don't do PvE", which means no PvE cards in EDH.

It's friday and I'm very tired and extra grouchy and so maybe that is why I'm just not at all getting your point and... now that I've typed all this I realize that I don't care and I'm not sure why I wasted this effort. fuck
    • It would have been better if they hadn't done PVE, but instead just printed OP cards along the line of PVE powerlevel ideally in the early sets. Then either let them be OP or ban them (in Standard/Immortal), but allow them in EDH and other silly casual formats. In this scenario, we have the OP cards but no way to use them against other players.
    • Rendakor wrote:

It would have been better if they hadn't done PVE, but instead just printed OP cards along the line of PVE powerlevel ideally in the early sets. Then either let them be OP or ban them (in Standard/Immortal), but allow them in EDH and other silly casual formats. In this scenario, we have the OP cards but no way to use them against other players.
      Purposefully making horribly OP cards just because you're going to ban them later is a very bad practice to establish, especially when you're trying to build a game. For one, they would be extra rare yet utterly worthless cards when you open them, since you wouldn't be able to use them in pvp at all, but more importantly they would warp the format and any future ones very quickly. There would be those few "just not quite OP enough" to deserve the banhammer that would infect and ruin the set and everything else.

No one wants sets where stuff like Jace the mind sculptor are common place.
    • schild wrote:

Dont speak for everyone hombre

Besides the real problem was squadron hawk

Also op? We can't even get a goddamn Mana leak in here
      Why, if every card were on the level of JtMS though, it'd be, it'd be like Vintage all over again!
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented