Putting business matters and such aside, to the world I just have to say...

• it was a great time with hex for me, played since alpha without any breaks, cashed out with an ok profit and i still enjoy limited games at work when bored... stopped to play at home since i dont want to waste my sparetime sitting in ques for ages...
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

it was a great time with hex for me, played since alpha without any breaks, cashed out with an ok profit and i still enjoy limited games at work when bored... stopped to play at home since i dont want to waste my sparetime sitting in ques for ages...
      How long ago did you cash out and why? What was the deciding factor? I'm really annoyed that I missed the signs because I have never cashed out on anything, and now it's too late to recoup most of the money. Trying to learn from my mistakes. Many people have made profit with HEX, which completely baffles me. I am doing it wrong. How?
    • Ertzi wrote:

Cernz wrote:

it was a great time with hex for me, played since alpha without any breaks, cashed out with an ok profit and i still enjoy limited games at work when bored... stopped to play at home since i dont want to waste my sparetime sitting in ques for ages...
      How long ago did you cash out and why? What was the deciding factor? I'm really annoyed that I missed the signs because I have never cashed out on anything, and now it's too late to recoup most of the money. Trying to learn from my mistakes. Many people have made profit with HEX, which completely baffles me. I am doing it wrong. How?
      You should have been playing the whole game with the idea of one day cashing out at the back of your head. If you ever kept 4-ofs or more than one single Standard set or bought PvE cards / equipment or didn't manage to sell Immortal cards / old booster packs before the pricedrop then you've potentially lost money.
    • Ertzi wrote:

Cernz wrote:

Sold it in january 2018, still a bit too late i guess, but i sort of trippled my “investment“ and i sold some valuables before the cashout for plat to keep playing.

Cashed out because i didnt enjoy playing at home anymore... as i said due to the horrible waiting times... and i was right, it just went worse :/
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cernz ().

• Thoom wrote:

All drama aside -- Hex is still the best game I've ever played.

The art, the design, the story -- all top notch.
      Agree on art and design. Story....I guess the universe is setup decently but actual story, hell no. If Entrath were sold as a tRPG setting, I will buy that book and probably give it like a 8/10. But if we put what we have so far for story into novels, I would probably give it 2/10 at best.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Thoom wrote:

Agree on art and design. Story....I guess the universe is setup decently but actual story, hell no. If Entrath were sold as a tRPG setting, I will buy that book and probably give it like a 8/10. But if we put what we have so far for story into novels, I would probably give it 2/10 at best.
      Agreed. The world-building already accomplished would enable telling all kinds of cool stories within Entrath, but sadly this has never been properly utilized. This reminds me a bit of Forgotten Realms. I used to buy the Campaign Setting every time a new one was released (never played table-top, I just wanted the lore), but most of the novels are pretty crappy to be honest. I just love the possibilities within that world. HexEnt just adds stuff into Entrath, but never truly explores anything in-depth, or in an immersive fashion.
    • Ertzi wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Thoom wrote:

Agreed. The world-building already accomplished would enable telling all kinds of cool stories within Entrath, but sadly this has never been properly utilized. This reminds me a bit of Forgotten Realms. I used to buy the Campaign Setting every time a new one was released (never played table-top, I just wanted the lore), but most of the novels are pretty crappy to be honest. I just love the possibilities within that world. HexEnt just adds stuff into Entrath, but never truly explores anything in-depth, or in an immersive fashion.
      Magic used to do that it took a book with every set as well as a deep coordination with the design team that they in the end decided was not worth the effort.
    • I also agree, the story never really gripped me with Hex. Originally, with the Ardent/Underworld conflict, that was fine, it was a central concept to the setting and moved things from an uneasy peace into active war. But with Primal Dawn and onward, I never really saw the point of any of the story. It didn't serve to do much other than introduce new, unrelated villains that weren't really necessary. The whole Frost Arena thing came out of nowhere, and I'm still not sure why it's a story worth telling in terms of the setting.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • I still love this game aswell. But I have to admit that I am really missing the times when we were hyped about upcoming features. No one knows what they are currently working on and the Dev-Streams don't give any insight aswell. I would absolutely LOVE watching them if they provided anything substantial.

Where has all the hype gone? It feels like Hex does not know where to go next with their product. You have to keep your community excited about your game. Looking forward to something that might not be ready within the next months is part of this aswell. Show us what you are working on. Show us what to look out for in the future. Remind us of what Hex can become. Bring back the hype!
    • Obsidian wrote:

I also agree, the story never really gripped me with Hex. Originally, with the Ardent/Underworld conflict, that was fine, it was a central concept to the setting and moved things from an uneasy peace into active war. But with Primal Dawn and onward, I never really saw the point of any of the story. It didn't serve to do much other than introduce new, unrelated villains that weren't really necessary. The whole Frost Arena thing came out of nowhere, and I'm still not sure why it's a story worth telling in terms of the setting.
      Because their story guy left the company, and they had to make a bunch of dumb-ass end of the world shit up in order to keep having "a story." :P
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

I also agree, the story never really gripped me with Hex. Originally, with the Ardent/Underworld conflict, that was fine, it was a central concept to the setting and moved things from an uneasy peace into active war. But with Primal Dawn and onward, I never really saw the point of any of the story. It didn't serve to do much other than introduce new, unrelated villains that weren't really necessary. The whole Frost Arena thing came out of nowhere, and I'm still not sure why it's a story worth telling in terms of the setting.
      Because their story guy left the company, and they had to make a bunch of dumb-ass end of the world shit up in order to keep having "a story." :P
      Its not like the campaign is any better, the dialogue is stilted and terrible and no sane person actually reads it without skimming. Not to mention the fact that your choices are largely irrelevant and the characters are hard to take seriously when they act so...stupidly. Its a mess and recent sets are just as much of a mess.