Request To Create Option To Transition Heavy Amount of Card Extras To Gold, Please

• Request To Create Option To Transition Heavy Amount of Card Extras To Gold, Please

Good Evening Hex Staff and Community!

I was reading a random post from a while back, and a past player had mentioned the brilliant idea of making the option to transition heavy amounts of extra cards into a resource that we could effectively use: gold, plat, etc.. With the seemingly very expensive pricing (especially for older set cards...and a heavy strain on casual players) in the Auction House, this card-into-resource option seems like a great way to liquidate extras (usually sitting idle within our collections) into an opportunity to progress individual goals towards the cards we desire. Without being too presumptuous, it seems like this could be a highly plausible installment to eradicate useless hoarding of superfluous cards. Will the devs be so kind as to provide some feedback on this proposition?

To the Hex community: I've noticed a strong tension between Hex Staff and the Hex Community as of late, so would anyone like to comment on whether this request thread even has a slight chance of being responded to? Are we within the ominous death throes of one my favorite TCGs I've ever played, or is there still a minute shred of light at the end of the tumultuous tunnel worth journeying towards? I'm only asking because, like Nero Jinous had stated in a previous thread, it would be nice to receive some sort of solid closure; do we keep fighting for a game we love, or move on - officially understanding that Hex Shards of Fate has finished its course *tear*.

Thank you all for your time and comments!
    • just a fyi crafting and breaking cards down was a feature in the original design of hex. It was even mentioned during the kickstarter as the $440k stretch goal which said "Add Crafting System at Launch". It is just one of those things that never really got enough dev time, and was never implemented.

• DetectiveHexCrux wrote:

I've noticed a strong tension between Hex Staff and the Hex Community as of late, so would anyone like to comment on whether this request thread even has a slight chance of being responded to? Are we within the ominous death throes of one my favorite TCGs I've ever played, or is there still a minute shred of light at the end of the tumultuous tunnel worth journeying towards? I'm only asking because, like Nero Jinous had stated in a previous thread, it would be nice to receive some sort of solid closure; do we keep fighting for a game we love, or move on - officially understanding that Hex Shards of Fate has finished its course *tear*.
      Yes, of course you'll get responses. From the playerbase that is. No dev ever answered Feedback threads ever, not even during the good days. They do read them all though.

However, your specific request will not reach the appropriate ears because the one doing the reading is sure to know that's something that would never be implemented. As much as many players would like that to be the case, you're basically ask HXE to buy your bulk cards. That's one step further than "dusting" and we don't even have that in the game. In case it's confusing, HXE makes money by selling platinum and nothing else (not selling boosters, or collecting entry fees, or taking a cut from AH and Siege). Your proposition is asking HXE to lose money for nothing (since HXE cannot use the cards you want them to buy). It is not something that will be ever considered, sorry. Plus, destroying cards doesn't really fit the TCG ideology. You can't risk old cards disappearing entirely.

As for the rest, YMMV. Even the whitest of knights admits that there are HUGE problems with the game and HXE as a company. Their 2 lines are "Don't think about the future" and "Enjoy what we have" (to be fair, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the game). Unfortunately they fail to notice, in my opinion, that people are not comfortable spending money at the game at this point due to the looming negative environment. It's hard to separate the idea of "investment" when you talk about a TCG, a genre where you're making money playing and assets USUALLY gain value by themselves over time.

Personal opinion: We are indeed on the death throws of the game as we know it. For better or worse (definitely worse) HXE has failed to successfully monetize their TCG. The three options right now are (1) change of genre (which we've already seen by Siege rewards being untradeable, I don't know if you know that little fact), (2) the game changing principals (i.e. HXE selling the game) or (3) a miracle that no one can foresee. 1 and 2 have 100% chance to change the game as you know it. 3 has a 50% chance.

Of course there's always the option to shut it down but NO PLAYER wants that, they'd rather have anything from 1-3 above. I need to specify the "player" there because for all we know, HXE would rather the ship (Hex) goes down with them because they won't bear to see it in another's hands. Humans are selfish after all and Hex is something they created from zero.

Yes, everyone wants a closure too, even due to the fact that they're bored of reading the same things over and over in the forums. In my opinion, and this, I feel, is shared by enough people to not be just a personal opinion but the general feeling, is that HXE has been doing a TON of unnecessary extra harm the last few months by not talking to the playerbase. They are desperately dragging things out and for what? For 1$ Merry Melee mode fee? Do they enjoy this atmosphere? I don't know but they KNOW what their actions are doing and DON'T DO ANYTHING. The only logical explanation at this point is that they LEGALLY can't talk about plans, and that's usually what happens during takeover - sale negotiations. We shall see.

Finally, there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that we as players can do at this point, unless you want to donate them money (because that's what it feels like nowadays). It depends on what you personally believe is happening, to be honest. If you think it's (1), then the only thing is to create a post with CCG ideas to make the transition smoother. If you think it's (2), then by all means buy plat and be active to make the game more appealing to potential buyers. if you think it's (3) then do nothing different from what you've been doing up to now. If you think it's (4) then please suggest me another game with the same depth and in the same genre that's not too long in production so I can catch up with the older cards without spending a fortune.
    • Whaddup Hex Community!

First of all, thank you to all who took the time to respond to my post. Honestly, before reading (especially what Vroengard listed) individual responses, I had pretty minimal understanding of how my emphatic request would effect the entirety of this type of card game (TCG). I appreciate the elucidating information provided up to this point.

Second, ostensibly the hypothesis of liquidating extraneous cards into usable currency appeared to be very appealing because of a condition that was already brought up in a previous post: a person may possess many cards with the option to sell, but the majority of experienced players don't desire because of a lack of conditions/modes to utilize them in. The amount of time that it requires to list the excess amount of cards in conjunction with relying on the luck of your undesirable cards crossing packs with unsuspecting buyers is basically not worth it when you could be spending that time playing the actual game. In summation, I observed the conditions of my previous statement, and threw out a possible solution that I lacked understanding in. Now that I'm enlightened to the poor conceptualization of my request, I can lay the idea to rest.

Lastly, even though my initial request has been understandably negated, I can't help but wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to purge extraneous cards from our collections that mutually benefits the arduous players and the company who needs to make a profit to keep the lights/servers operating (excluding attempting to sell the cards to (mostly) disinterested buyers)?
    • In theory, assuming the game doesn't close down in a few months or a year, there will eventually be a crafting system that allows us to break down unwanted cards into materials for crafting other items - "dusting for mats" as the WoW kids say. Not any item we want, mind you... that's the CCG model, but into specific and exclusive items only available via the crafting system. This will allow them to be removed from our collection, and still garner some small amount of value for us. That's the plan, anyway, as of 4 years ago when they last bothered to talk about it.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

In theory, assuming the game doesn't close down in a few months or a year, there will eventually be a crafting system that allows us to break down unwanted cards into materials for crafting other items - "dusting for mats" as the WoW kids say. Not any item we want, mind you... that's the CCG model, but into specific and exclusive items only available via the crafting system. This will allow them to be removed from our collection, and still garner some small amount of value for us. That's the plan, anyway, as of 4 years ago when they last bothered to talk about it.
      When they bothered to talk about anything, and before Dinobot took control over HexEnt.
    • DetectiveHexCrux wrote:

I can't help but wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to purge extraneous cards from our collections that mutually benefits the arduous players and the company who needs to make a profit to keep the lights/servers operating (excluding attempting to sell the cards to (mostly) disinterested buyers)?
      If the game goes on for a few more years
      and if the game's playerbase increases by quite a bit
      and if there are enough added modes to play (that are persistent and not on rotation and that are Constructed and Immortal) or even more PvE
      the old cards are bound to be needed by newer players that weren't able to directly collect them during Alpha/Beta

The reason we can't sell right now is because (1) a far greater part of the playerbase than it should are original alpha/beta players who have hundreds of copies of old cards and (2) newer players don't have a reason to look for those old cards.
    • Vroengard wrote:

DetectiveHexCrux wrote:

I can't help but wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to purge extraneous cards from our collections that mutually benefits the arduous players and the company who needs to make a profit to keep the lights/servers operating (excluding attempting to sell the cards to (mostly) disinterested buyers)?
      If the game goes on for a few more yearsand if the game's playerbase increases by quite a bit
      and if there are enough added modes to play (that are persistent and not on rotation and that are Constructed and Immortal) or even more PvE
      the old cards are bound to be needed by newer players that weren't able to directly collect them during Alpha/Beta

The reason we can't sell right now is because (1) a far greater part of the playerbase than it should are original alpha/beta players who have hundreds of copies of old cards and (2) newer players don't have a reason to look for those old cards.
      I've tried to sell 500$ hexprimal code for 250$, you could get all new cards for 50% of plat "value". Do you think, how many offers I got?