Winner is the Judge: June 20 - June 26

• Winner is the Judge: June 20 - June 26

Count me in for an awesome contest...

The Rules:
      • Design a card (or possibly multiple cards) that meets the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner. You may submit multiple entries, but please be considerate of your fellow players and don't go too overboard. In the case of multiple entries, you will still receive one prize at most.

In addition to any listed prizes, the winner then creates a thread for the next round, creates a new design constraint, and the game continues.

Design Constraint:
      • Design a card that flavorfully involves specific numbers. In other words, design a card with numbers somewhere in its text that otherwise would not work thematically if you changed the values.

Examples and Suggestions:
      • Arachnomicon: of course a spider card is going to use the number 8.
      • Cockatwice: So this is a bit more of a stretch, but its a number related pun: A cockatwice had sockets twice.
      • Blightblossom, Blightbush, Blightbramble: Definitely, the weakest of my examples, but each of the larger Blight plants has stats equal to the sum of the smaller pieces. These sets of cards become less flavorful if you change any of the attack or defense values.
      • Example of what I'm NOT looking for: Wrathwood Colossus. Having a whole bunch of the same number is cool. This card has a bunch of 9's. But why 9? There is no thematic reason why it couldn't have been 8's. I want the number you choose to have a flavorful justification.
      Judging Criteria:

Here's what I focus on in judging, in order of priority
      • Number Usage: Make sure your card uses a specific number. If your card would not make sense with different numbers, you'll get full marks.
      • Mechanically Creative, yet realistic: Show me something new that hasn't been done before, but make sure it still fits within the realm of HEX gameplay. Feel free to invent keywords and even use non-Entrathian flavor, but keep your designs mechanically grounded to work within the game rules.
      • Elegance: Keep your designs to as little rules text as possible. I tend to start mentally nitpicking overly verbose cards and wondering why sometimes disparate abilities are grafted together on a card.
      Rewards:

Winner gets choice of the following packs of prizes. For every 5 entries, I'll add another option and the next place will get their choice of pack.
      • "Random Numbers" pack
        • 4x Shroom Party (PvE Card from the 2016 Convocation Pack)
        • 4x Kismet's Dice

• "Pact" Pack
        • 2x Pact of Pain ________ " [BLOOD] [BLOOD] ... "
        • 2x Pact of Life _________"...or not [BLOOD] [BLOOD] ... "
        • 2x Iron Inquisitor ______ " ...that is Fe question."

Deadline:
      The contest will end on Tuesday, June 26th at 5pm PST. I will then judge the cards that afternoon/evening.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Arcanyx: Card tags don't like bullet point lists, so I removed them. Also fixed Deadline discrepancies. ().

• It makes me sad to see how few entries we have nowadays.... but I just don't have much time anymore. I'll try and come up with one tonight though, because I like this contest idea a lot.

Well so much for that... can we please add another like... 5 house to every day? Please?
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

• 2 - Locke's Tworbine

ARTIFACT - Rare

[TWO-SHOT]: 2 [EXHAUST] : 2 Target troops you control get Flight and " At the end of your turn, sacrifice this."

"Hey! You two! Hold this for a moment" -Locke

(AA card flavour): "One, two, WHOOSH...KABOOM" - Two gnolls
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • New Keyword: Singer - If you control exactly 1 Singer, it has 'Soloist', if you control exactly 2 Singers, they have 'Duet', if you control exactly 4 Singers, they have +4/+4 and Quartet.

Soloist - 'If this is the only troop you control, it has Invincible'. Otherwise, it gets +1/+1.
      Duet - When a troop with Duet deals damage, each other troop with Duet controlled by the same player as it also deals damage to its target
      Quartet - If a troop with Quartet would take damage, it is instead taken by the troop with Quartet who has the highest remaining health.

Example:
      Woodland Virtuoso
      2 [WILD] Uncommon Elf Mage
      Singer
      1/1

Moonlight Requiem
      3 [WILD] Unommon Action
      Grants up to 2 troops you control 'Singer'.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• I will be announcing the next contest and every contest from now on at the wardens' discord, to give it more visibility and traffic I hope, cause from what I see it is a custom that is slowly fading away and it saddens me.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • AxelDWater wrote:

I will be announcing the next contest and every contest from now on at the wardens' discord, to give it more visibility and traffic I hope, cause from what I see it is a custom that is slowly fading away and it saddens me.
      It's been a very fun custom too... a nice way for us all to share ideas and loot as a community to give everyone more toys. Kind of a pity this little tiny subforum down here is a ghost town.

• I have dinnered and it is now time for me to choose my favorite.

As High Judge, I doth proclaim that I like Xylo's submission the best. I like the flavor of killing a necrotic and the pulling its two diamond eyes out. It very much requires the number TWO to be flavorful and conveys its idea simply and elegantly.

So @Xylo send me a PM and I'll get your choice of reward to you.