Questmas 2018

• Ossuary wrote:

Honestly I don't even know why they still have dev streams anymore, other than for the look of the thing. Nothing relevant ever gets discussed, it's a pure fluff piece to try to convince people everything is ticking along normally. It's blatantly obvious though, so I don't really see that it accomplishes anything in practice.

See 1-2 HexEnt employees, live and in person, for nearly 2 whole hours a week! Behold, as we play limited to show you it still exists, and desperately try to avoid talking about ANYTHING!

Meanwhile, even the biggest Hex streamers left can't clear 70 viewers most of the time, and 80% of every day, there are no more than 2 Hex streamers on (usually there are zero!), playing for 0 to 15 viewers at most. And practically all of the big name streamers have already given up and moved on, or only stream Hex once a week when it's their turn to run the "official" channel for a couple hours.

This is deeply depressing, and has been getting steadily worse for the last 4 months as the ongoing silence from HexEnt continues to drag out and become more and more deafening.
      btw just to clarify for anyone who doesnt know me very well. Streaming is 100% a hobby for me. The one day a week on the official channel "scratches my itch" when it comes to participating in that hobby. The state of hex has nothing to do with a lack of streaming for me. I cant speak for anyone else. Just wanted to say my piece.
    • Portensio wrote:

Rendakor wrote:

D) They're selling the game and thus cannot legally talk about anything until the ink's dry.
      They could easily come and say that everything is good and that they are planning a set 10 release soon. They could also talk about what is done and how they see things for the current formats (siege and melee)
      They did good things to the game lately, but their silence is killing

I even asked about set 10 during the Dev stream and was told that they don't talk about future plans here and to wait via the official channels.

I also asked if they were still developing the game and was directly mocked int he chat room with comments like '' LOl what kind of question is that and thats a joke right of course they are''..

I just think that they are splitting work between Ccrytozoic and Hex and are just too busy.

Dino can't do more than what he is doing. Maybe he knows nothing and they are keeping him out of the look so nothing to say more than wait for official channels.

for now .. just play and have fun.. we'll see as time goes by
      there is a 0% chance everything is peachy

0%

and if they come out and say everything is peachy, they're lying

so let's not even pretend your magical christmasland is a place

i wish that weren't the case, but here we are
    • Ertzi wrote:

I'm starting to change my opinion on Cory. If this were my baby, I would never let people bash it without saying anything. Cory was the main reason I fell in love with HEX. If I cannot believe in him anymore, what the fuck am I doing here?
      People get weird when times are tough, especially when they're heavily invested in something (just look at us!). His recent uncharacteristic antagonism and stubborn silence are as much a sign as anything else that something bad is going on. It's not proof, of course, but it's yet another indication that things are not as they should be.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • I think people are being overly critical of this particular announcement. Even if they planned to release a 'real' statement today, it wouldn't have been in the same post or even necessarily at the same time as the Questmas post.

It's a plus that these events are still happening... I mean, the events are the only attention that anything that is pure pve has gotten at all. Let's not get too upset at them continuing. Focus the consternation where it belongs.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

I think people are being overly critical of this particular announcement. Even if they planned to release a 'real' statement today, it wouldn't have been in the same post or even necessarily at the same time as the Questmas post.

It's a plus that these events are still happening... I mean, the events are the only attention that anything that is pure pve has gotten at all. Let's not get too upset at them continuing. Focus the consternation where it belongs.
      I mean, the card sucks too.
    • What? 4 mana for an enchantment that matches your opponent troop for troop is pretty darn good. Even if they're just 2/2s, that is a lot of value. Add on the ability to turn it into spot removal too, it's actually really really good.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

What? 4 mana for an enchantment that matches your opponent troop for troop is pretty darn good. Even if they're just 2/2s, that is a lot of value. Add on the ability to turn it into spot removal too, it's actually really really good.
      It seems like a fun card to me. I'll definitely farm it out in the hopes that someday we have content to use it in.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Obsidian wrote:

What? 4 mana for an enchantment that matches your opponent troop for troop is pretty darn good. Even if they're just 2/2s, that is a lot of value. Add on the ability to turn it into spot removal too, it's actually really really good.
      Its 4 for a 2/2 troop, what are you matching exactly? You paid 4 for a 2/2, the AI doesn't usually play 2 or more troops in a turn and they're playing a bigger, more useful, troop than what you're getting. It doesn't go in the merc Constant deck (forgot his name) because he can't have troops in his graveyard without burning himself, its too slow and too little value for the FRA (you'd want Twilight Eclipse for 4 anyways because it's more likely to do more damage and also more likely to stabilize your health than a chump blocker.)

With the equipment its better but its slots also compete with Twilight Eclipse which is a bad move, I am always going to take Twilight Eclipse with Timescale Breakers over this thin because with Goot I'm virtually assured to get that double damage. Or Engross Bibliophile who also has a good glove slot.

Weapon slot? Solitary Exile.

It doesn't really slot into a deck that cares about constants so where is it supposed to go?
    • Utremeld wrote:

Its 4 for a 2/2 troop, what are you matching exactly? You paid 4 for a 2/2, the AI doesn't usually play 2 or more troops in a turn and they're playing a bigger, more useful, troop than what you're getting. It doesn't go in the merc Constant deck (forgot his name) because he can't have troops in his graveyard without burning himself, its too slow and too little value for the FRA (you'd want Twilight Eclipse for 4 anyways because it's more likely to do more damage and also more likely to stabilize your health than a chump blocker.)

With the equipment its better but its slots also compete with Twilight Eclipse which is a bad move, I am always going to take Twilight Eclipse with Timescale Breakers over this thin because with Goot I'm virtually assured to get that double damage. Or Engross Bibliophile who also has a good glove slot.

It doesn't really slot into a deck that cares about constants so where is it supposed to go?
      Into a deck that wants Llamas or Beasts that can also have diamond?

• Utremeld wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

You're matching a body for a body. After you play your one card, you're getting 2/2s for the rest of the game, for every attempt they make at expanding the board. It's not 4 for a 2/2. It's 5 for removal of a troop with the one-shot, and then a 2/2 for every troop they try to recover with.

I would play it in a deck that expects to face a prolonged match. I could see it being useful in raid encounters, where we don't know the scale of the fights yet. It's definitely good in the last fight of Brutecrown Bluff, where they summon a bunch of troops each turn, sometimes all at once. And the Shinigami fight also puts out troops en masse, and this would be a good buffer for it.

I'm not saying it's going to be a new deck, or replace any current farming decks, because to be quite frank, there's enough power that exists right now that there's no reason to build a new deck. But this is a legitimately strong card that's easily worth it's 4 mana. It's like complaining that a theoretical 2-cost sapphire 'void target troop' instant is bad because Morphology does the same thing and lets you draw cards off the AI's stupidity too.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • There are almost no shardless actions. Any time the AI bounces an artifact to your hand with morphology, you're pretty much guaranteed to get either Comet Strike or Twin Eternities. In fact, those might actually be the only 2 legitimate possibilities. I think the only other colorless actions are created, not obtainable (and therefore not in the card pool for Morphology).
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Dinotropia wrote:

Emu.
      Also, I would not do this. Spamming threads is a good way to either get them closed or receive a ban. More detailed responses will come when we are ready. Trying to provoke anything further by violating our ToC and Forum Rules and Guidelines will just limit your own ability to engage further.
      Can you blame people? They tried posting in the appropriate thread weeks months years ago. We're still waiting on a PvE news bulletin.

Man, the irony here is fantastic. Relux has a sharp sense of humour. :P
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SaintVicarious ().