Questmas 2018

• Transience wrote:

... it's getting more and more annoying by the day to see ever other fucking thread being cluttered with these posts. I don't care for them and they have been singing the exact same tune for several weeks now.
      This is on topic. We're all playing "llama llama emu!" in honor of Questmas.

The rules: Go into each thread and post some drama llama stuff. Eventually HXE will respond, which we'll call "Emu". That ends the round by consolidating all of the llamas to a single thread/pen for a while.

I don't care for the shotgun approach either. I care for the same old tune needing to be carried on for several weeks even less. That's why I'm playing. All HXE needs to do is drop in with an "Emu!" and we can get back onto waiting again.
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin
    • Greyhaven wrote:

The rules: Go into each thread and post some drama llama stuff. Eventually HXE will respond, which we'll call "Emu". That ends the round by consolidating all of the llamas to a single thread/pen for a while.

I don't care for the shotgun approach either. I care for the same old tune needing to be carried on for several weeks even less. That's why I'm playing. All HXE needs to do is drop in with an "Emu!" and we can get back onto waiting again.
      I don't want to get too pedantic because I know your post was in jest. But Hex coming in and shouting Emu thus placating the community for a short time has led us to where we are. Like Cory's response to the pve frustration that resulted in nothing tangible afterwards. Thus ends my over analysis of a light hearted post.
    • Transience wrote:

Aren't you supposed to be a moderator? And as such isn't it actually your task to make sure off topic stuff is moved to a more fitting thread? I get that a bunch of people want HEX team to tell them something about the future of the game but it's getting more and more annoying by the day to see ever other fucking thread being cluttered with these posts. I don't care for them and they have been singing the exact same tune for several weeks now.
      I'm not here to censor people giving honest feedback or opinions. Individual posts that are obscene or attacking people directly aren't allowed and are dealt with individually if necessary, but that's not the same thing as what you're talking about.

Also keep in mind, I don't work for HXE, I'm just a volunteer and a big fan of Hex and even though I'm usually one of the more optimistic and supportive defenders of HXE over the years I also want to make sure I'm giving feedback to the devs when I feel it's needed. If I don't speak up when I think there's something I feel that needs to be said (or if I censor someone else saying it) then how will HXE know how to improve their game/communication/whatever?

Does everyone feel the same way as I do? No. Does everyone feel the same way as you do? No. Does that make either of us right? Not relevant, opinions are opinions, and are rarely shared by everyone universally. Best we can do is share our feelings with each other and try to understand where they're coming from and support each other as best as we can, whether we see eye to eye on everything or not.
    • Ossuary wrote:

NeroJinous wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

Don't spam such threads with this stuff. This has gotten 10 replies more than it should have. Literally nothing will come out of out-of-context posting. They know what's up. Let us return to the consolidated Discussion threads and give such announcements the "weekend door prize" treatment of 0 posts, 1 like (hi Relux!).
      getting likes from relux brightens my day. When you dont get a like from relux you know you did something wrong.
      Getting likes from Relux is like 90% of the reason I'm still posting. It's all I live for. :)
      Relux is the only person on this planet who would like a "HEX servers are shutting down" post. Would not be able to resist. ;)
    • Zophie wrote:

Transience wrote:

Aren't you supposed to be a moderator? And as such isn't it actually your task to make sure off topic stuff is moved to a more fitting thread? I get that a bunch of people want HEX team to tell them something about the future of the game but it's getting more and more annoying by the day to see ever other fucking thread being cluttered with these posts. I don't care for them and they have been singing the exact same tune for several weeks now.
      I'm not here to censor people giving honest feedback or opinions. Individual posts that are obscene or attacking people directly aren't allowed and are dealt with individually if necessary, but that's not the same thing as what you're talking about.
      Also keep in mind, I don't work for HXE, I'm just a volunteer and a big fan of Hex and even though I'm usually one of the more optimistic and supportive defenders of HXE over the years I also want to make sure I'm giving feedback to the devs when I feel it's needed. If I don't speak up when I think there's something I feel that needs to be said (or if I censor someone else saying it) then how will HXE know how to improve their game/communication/whatever?

Does everyone feel the same way as I do? No. Does everyone feel the same way as you do? No. Does that make either of us right? Not relevant, opinions are opinions, and are rarely shared by everyone universally. Best we can do is share our feelings with each other and try to understand where they're coming from and support each other as best as we can, whether we see eye to eye on everything or not.
      Whatever. :thumbdown:
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Greyhaven wrote:

Transience wrote:

... it's getting more and more annoying by the day to see ever other fucking thread being cluttered with these posts. I don't care for them and they have been singing the exact same tune for several weeks now.

Emu.

Also, I would not do this. Spamming threads is a good way to either get them closed or receive a ban. More detailed responses will come when we are ready. Trying to provoke anything further by violating our ToC and Forum Rules and Guidelines will just limit your own ability to engage further.
    • Dinotropia wrote:

Greyhaven wrote:

Transience wrote:

This is on topic. We're all playing "llama llama emu!" in honor of Questmas.The rules: Go into each thread and post some drama llama stuff. Eventually HXE will respond, which we'll call "Emu". That ends the round by consolidating all of the llamas to a single thread/pen for a while.

Emu.
      Also, I would not do this. Spamming threads is a good way to either get them closed or receive a ban. More detailed responses will come when we are ready. Trying to provoke anything further by violating our ToC and Forum Rules and Guidelines will just limit your own ability to engage further.
      how many weeks does it take to prepare a proper response? Seems like yall had enough time to be "ready"
    • They’re stalling for the next ‘shiny’ thing to distract us all.

I bet they’ll be an info dump about the new set soon. Everyone saying ‘cool’ will drown out the ‘what about PvE/roadmap’ people.

Then we’ll have a month or two of silence to stew in before Dino and Cory poke their heads out to tell us they are ‘still preparing detailed responses’.
    • Rendakor wrote:

D) They're selling the game and thus cannot legally talk about anything until the ink's dry.
      They could easily come and say that everything is good and that they are planning a set 10 release soon. They could also talk about what is done and how they see things for the current formats (siege and melee)

They did good things to the game lately, but their silence is killing

I even asked about set 10 during the Dev stream and was told that they don't talk about future plans here and to wait via the official channels.

I also asked if they were still developing the game and was directly mocked int he chat room with comments like '' LOl what kind of question is that and thats a joke right of course they are''..

I just think that they are splitting work between Ccrytozoic and Hex and are just too busy.

Dino can't do more than what he is doing. Maybe he knows nothing and they are keeping him out of the look so nothing to say more than wait for official channels.

for now .. just play and have fun.. we'll see as time goes by
    • Portensio wrote:

Rendakor wrote:

D) They're selling the game and thus cannot legally talk about anything until the ink's dry.
      They could easily come and say that everything is good and that they are planning a set 10 release soon. They could also talk about what is done and how they see things for the current formats (siege and melee)
      They did good things to the game lately, but their silence is killing

I even asked about set 10 during the Dev stream and was told that they don't talk about future plans here and to wait via the official channels.

I also asked if they were still developing the game and was directly mocked int he chat room with comments like '' LOl what kind of question is that and thats a joke right of course they are''..

I just think that they are splitting work between Ccrytozoic and Hex and are just too busy.

Dino can't do more than what he is doing. Maybe he knows nothing and they are keeping him out of the look so nothing to say more than wait for official channels.

for now .. just play and have fun.. we'll see as time goes by
      I actually found it funny that they had Matt Dunn on today. A sad attempt at showing they have more staff. Matt Dunn primarily works on other CZE projects and is not a fulltime hex dev. He hasn't been for a while now.

Edit: spelled Matt's name wrong, so fixed it. Sorry matt =(

I consider it disingenuous to call people hex devs if that is not their primary job function.

The post was edited 2 times, last by NeroJinous ().

• Honestly I don't even know why they still have dev streams anymore, other than for the look of the thing. Nothing relevant ever gets discussed, it's a pure fluff piece to try to convince people everything is ticking along normally. It's blatantly obvious though, so I don't really see that it accomplishes anything in practice.

See 1-2 HexEnt employees, live and in person, for nearly 2 whole hours a week! Behold, as we play limited to show you it still exists, and desperately try to avoid talking about ANYTHING!

Meanwhile, even the biggest Hex streamers left can't clear 70 viewers most of the time, and 80% of every day, there are no more than 2 Hex streamers on (usually there are zero!), playing for 0 to 15 viewers at most. And practically all of the big name streamers have already given up and moved on, or only stream Hex once a week when it's their turn to run the "official" channel for a couple hours.

This is deeply depressing, and has been getting steadily worse for the last 4 months as the ongoing silence from HexEnt continues to drag out and become more and more deafening.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well