Dino Watch

• New

Pandaemonium wrote:

Opalia wrote:

Should we try to buy HEX from Cory?- A game that newer produced any profit cant be expensive...
      Depends on if you have to take over their debt and overhead. It could be quite expensive.
      not to mention whatever contracts/deals they have with deities or demonic entities... those might be transferable too.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • New

Opalia wrote:

Should we try to buy HEX from Cory?- A game that newer produced any profit cant be expensive...
      Who even is "We"? Who amongst this community would you even trust to be a businessman and handle all the money? Cory was a businessman (apparently a successful one?) before HXE and he didn't make it. It requires more skills than believing we know how a game can be successful; you actually need to do stuff and not just theorycraft.
    • New

Well if we were going to do it then likely we would have to seed fund the corporation with some crowd funding. Use that to hit up afluential members of the gaming community who might be interested in a turn around story. Then once funded, crack into negotiations with HexEnt to settle on assets, staffing, liabilities and price. Then you have the lawyers draw up the cover your ass documents and review for shenanigans. Then after you ink the deal you release a press page and begin transfer of assets as negotiated in the deal.

Once the assets are transferred and everything is fine from a customer perspective (game is playable and cash flows properly move) you take the remaining seed funding and current cash flow to move the project in the desired direction.

The high level is easy. Details are the hard part.
    • New

Vroengard wrote:

Opalia wrote:

Who even is "We"? Who amongst this community would you even trust to be a businessman and handle all the money? Cory was a businessman (apparently a successful one?) before HXE and he didn't make it. It requires more skills than believing we know how a game can be successful; you actually need to do stuff and not just theorycraft.
      Ahh come on dont you want to be in business with random people on the internet? Sounds like a good idea to me.
    • New

It might be interesting if Hex actually open sources the engine while maintaining control of the IP. Then they can release what they are good at and take advantage of folks looking for challenges in coding.

Implementing that idea has a lot of glossed over details but could work?
    • New

Mokog wrote:

It might be interesting if Hex actually open sources the engine while maintaining control of the IP. Then they can release what they are good at and take advantage of folks looking for challenges in coding.

Implementing that idea has a lot of glossed over details but could work?
      The client couldn't possibly be any worse than it already is. And there are literally dozens of optimizations Unity programmers like myself could make - even without knowing the exact code of Hex itself, I know Unity and know Hex is not doing things it can and should be doing, in terms of settings, configurations, and optimizations.

Hearthstone is built in Unity, and that game runs like greased lightning compared to Hex. Card games aren't the problem. Unity isn't (inherently) the problem... just Hex's implementation of Unity is deeply flawed.

I'd love to see the UI and code base in the hands of experts. It'll never happen, but I'd love to see it. ;)
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well