Dino Watch

• We recently had Chris Woods move closer to work. (see linux build thread)
      We are still getting Events, even though one could argue that everything needed for the events was in game for at least 2 months.

On the other hand we had cory basically declare radio silence on any information or DISCUSSION of the artist issue and anything background of the company.
      - Read my signature. Cory - in this information age we got on our hands NOBODY will react well to a company withholding information.
      We have not seen any marketing in EVER - almost as if marketing was the first part of the company that was cut down.

I have not had any content in the game that interested me this year.
      I play the campaign occasionally, but the start is so boring by now that making new characters turns into an 1 hour Chore. I prefer washing dishes over it actually.
      I tried to bridge the time with siege, but there is no progression. Another chore is logging in every 2 days to put my siege back up. I could make this every 3-4 days by using 3 aggro deck, but i won't.

Until there is more PvE content i will occasionally complete my chores and look at other games to spend my money. For example i recently managed to back the game stoneshards, because they had a working post kickstarter paypal Donation possibility that was properly announced.

But for everybody else - Your PvP community - i really hope that spoiler season for set 10 blows them out of the water, because i would really like this game to have a future and return to more active play once there is more PvE content.

After all - When hex fails we will reach that third panel goal.
      penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/05/10/malefactor
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri

The post was edited 1 time, last by SlayerStronghold ().

• SlayerStronghold wrote:

We recently had Chris Woods move closer to work. (see linux build thread)
      We are still getting Events, even though one could argue that everything needed for the events was in game for at least 2 months.

On the other hand we had cory basically declare radio silence on any information or DISCUSSION of the artist issue and anything background of the company.
      - Read my signature. Cory - in this information age we got on our hands NOBODY will react well to a company withholding information.
      We have not seen any marketing in EVER - almost as if marketing was the first part of the company that was cut down.

I play the campaign occasionally, but the start is so boring by now that making new characters turns into an 1 hour Chore. I prefer washing dishes over it actually.
      I tried to bridge the time with siege, but there is no progression. Another chore is logging in every 2 days to put my siege back up. I could make this every 3-4 days by using 3 aggro deck, but i won't.

Until there is more PvE content i will occasionally complete my chores and look at other games to spend my money. For example i recently managed to back the game stoneshards, because they had a working post kickstarter paypal Donation possibility that was properly announced.

But for everybody else - Your PvP community - i really hope that spoiler season for set 10 blows them out of the water, because i would really like this game to have a future and return to more active play once there is more PvE content.

Chris' lease was up at his old place, and the new place is cheaper. Being closer is a bonus, not an act of faith in hex.
    • NeroJinous wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

Chris' lease was up at his old place, and the new place is cheaper. Being closer is a bonus, not an act of faith in hex.
      You seem to know alot about hex staff and how everything is going.

In your personal opinion (based on info you have and seen) is all this doom and gloom justified ?
    • Portensio wrote:

NeroJinous wrote:

SlayerStronghold wrote:

You seem to know alot about hex staff and how everything is going.
      In your personal opinion (based on info you have and seen) is all this doom and gloom justified ?
      I cant speak for Nero, his post are the most important ones we may have ever seen. I honestly am surprised you are asking this, have you read nero's most recent posts? He is not happy with the company at all, which seems like a complete 180. Even the last post from Cory talked about it.

I am not all doom and gloom but the people who think things are totally overblown really need a reality check.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Portensio wrote:

You seem to know alot about hex staff and how everything is going.In your personal opinion (based on info you have and seen) is all this doom and gloom justified ?
      I cant speak for Nero, his post are the most important ones we may have ever seen. I honestly am surprised you are asking this, have you read nero's most recent posts? He is not happy with the company at all, which seems like a complete 180.
      More to the point; I seriously doubt he could give a clear answer to that question without breaking his NDA.
    • Angmar wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

Portensio wrote:

You seem to know alot about hex staff and how everything is going.In your personal opinion (based on info you have and seen) is all this doom and gloom justified ?
      I cant speak for Nero, his post are the most important ones we may have ever seen. I honestly am surprised you are asking this, have you read nero's most recent posts? He is not happy with the company at all, which seems like a complete 180.
      More to the point; I seriously doubt he could give a clear answer to that question without breaking his NDA.
      I did not ask anything that could be breaking an Nda. I’m asking if he thinks the doom and gloom is justified based on what he knows. I’m not asking for any développement features or employee count ( which he mostly already talked) but simply is the doom and gloom overstated

By the way I’m not stupid and know that radio silence and how things have been going thst we are not going upwards but down. But sometimes we can always hope for something

At this point I don’t care if there are no new features in the game and that they just release sets and nothing else. I really like this game and wish I can play it for a long time to come

One can only hope
    • Portensio wrote:

Angmar wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

Portensio wrote:

I did not ask anything that could be breaking an Nda. I’m asking if he thinks the doom and gloom is justified based on what he knows. I’m not asking for any développement features or employee count ( which he mostly already talked) but simply is the doom and gloom overstated
      By the way I’m not stupid and know that radio silence and how things have been going thst we are not going upwards but down. But sometimes we can always hope for something

At this point I don’t care if there are no new features in the game and that they just release sets and nothing else. I really like this game and wish I can play it for a long time to come

One can only hope
      I like hex mechanically, but personally think it is run horribly, and think hex ent has the wrong priorities. Cory is too stubborn to change, so regardless of how much money they can get the playerbase will never grow because core issues will never be fixed.
    • I don’t know who is really to blame, but agree with Nero.

The forums have been a positive source of endless ideas that would promote social growth, promote financial success, promote playerbass growth, promote end-game interest, reduce queue sizes, and appropriately award game play and purchasing.

First met with warm regard, then questionably met with angst, then promoted as an echo chamber, now treated as an echo chamber by HEX Positivd players and the entire development team.

They don’t want to work towards a better product. They either lack the skills, the will, or the legality to move in the direction they need to. We will happily oblige to see them dig down into failure. You turned your greatest strength in this product against you... the community. GL repairing that in the update in 45 minutes.
    • Update? What update? Oh, you mean the weekly copy / paste. And the monthly "we should have reminded you about VIP sooner but instead are putting it here, after the first VIP already most likely failed to fire." Which I've been reminding them about for two fucking years now.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Well, now this is the most thumbed OP on the entire forum. Thanks? @Dinotropia, there are people here who want to hear something real, and they're looking to you as the ambassador from whom they should hear it. We know it is going to take some time, but every time that Dinobot strikes again without a nod of self-awareness, this inexplicable situation escalates. So... Bump.

Earlier this week, you said:

Dinotropia wrote:

More detailed responses will come when we are ready.

Much speculation surrounds whether that is an indication that a more detailed response is actually coming, or if it is another cop-out. I'm sure HXE has a bad taste for "announcement announcements", but I'd like to ask for a bit of clarity: Taking whatever time you need, are you currently preparing a substantive response to the issues raised in this thread, or any form of non-generic state of the union?

Talk to us.
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin
    • Meh... Greyhaven.. you might get what you wish, and then may regret it.

I don’t think there is going to be much good coming from the mouth of those in such a state of mind or legality that they had to forcefully cut communication in the first place.

We received our closure 3 weeks ago. Thanks Artistgate. That guy on Facebook deserves a medal.
    • Yeah, having seen the other threads closed over this, I don't have high hopes for this one lasting either. Company seems like it's in chaos these days. It's a shame, first time I played HEX I was stoked, I couldn't wait to buy new content and watch it evolve. Now I can't wait to see how long it lasts until it inevitably goes down in flames.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • SaintVicarious wrote:

Yeah, having seen the other threads closed over this, I don't have high hopes for this one lasting either. Company seems like it's in chaos these days. It's a shame, first time I played HEX I was stoked, I couldn't wait to buy new content and watch it evolve. Now I can't wait to see how long it lasts until it inevitably goes down in flames.
      The other thread was requested to be closed by the OP.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Been some time since I've played, but I still lurk on the forums, just passing by to say to the Hex staff reading the forums, Dino and others, we, or at least I, still love you and the unique wonderful game you brought to life, but god damn it talk to us.

I'm not login in again before at least the next pvp set, if it does come out, I'll try evos for a week or two because I really love the world of entrath and collecting cards.

But I'm not chasing stuff, or making anymore commitment to the game for as long as I feel like the community's voice and anguish is lost in the void that are the company's ears right now.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • Dino comes online solely to delete threads and ban people. I don't think this comment has long for this world, and if I do end up getting another forum ban for no darn reason, then whatever man.
      Holds Guinness book of world records title for most posts deleted from a dying game's forum.