Dino Watch

• NeroJinous wrote:

Fitzlepix wrote:

Some of the reactions in the community lately are pretty extreme. HEX has develop and maintained a game we have all received a lot of enjoyment from the past 5 years. Regardless of it's current state, if it fails tomorrow, it's been a good run. I'm not sure if the company deserves all this "HEX IS DEAD TO ME!" wrath out of a game who has provided years of entertainment.

It is sad that it never lived up to the hopes we had for it and for it's developers but it has in no way been "vaporware" or a sad joke. It's been a great game and maybe some of the forum warriors can dial it down from an 11 to a more reasonable 7 or 8.

5 years man, that's a great run for any game by any standards. I also don't even think it's fair to talk about HEX in the past tense since it may be doing fine and ticking along at the slow pace it's ever been for a few more years. I know I'll keep playing new sets when they come out and enjoying what this game has to offer.
      I agree with you, and I think we all got more than our money's worth of fun out of hex. That being said it is important to understand why people do what they do even if you disagree. The "hex is dead" crowd doesn't actually want it to die. They just want proper closure so they can move on with their lives. After being dedicated to anything for 5 years no one wants to be strung along for years after "the end". They rather have a proper goodbye in a reasonable ammount of time. It is how every relationship works. It isn't good to give people false hope that your relationship with them will continue just to let it slowly fade away a year or 2 later. No1 wants to be treated that way. Not by another person, or game, or company, etc.
      spoken from my heart :/
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • @Greyhaven
      It's up there with "Stone me if you want but ... PvE?". In desperate times, community need people who will voice their concerns in a way that can be seen as a "letter to the devs". You're not just anyone either, you're a known name in the community (we also had an actual public letter writen and addressed to HXE some months ago). We need figureheads. It's better to have one big detailed comprehensive and polite post than a hundred smaller ones, if we want an answer (the hundred small ones serve another purpose). it's why I've asked the people doing content (Funktion, Pentachills, Thrawn) on several occasions to help us.
    • After five years I'm pretty fond of many of the familiar faces on these forums--and bummed about the ones who have set out on other trails. Hanging out whether reading or posting has been a regular staple in my free time throughout the years, whether that was tuning in around update time to see what might be new or following along the adventures and antics that unfolded in between. Whatever may yet come, I've got a lot of love for a lot of you and will continue to hope for the best for folks to find fun in the future.

Edit: This appears to be my 777th post. Huh. Maybe that'll be fortuitous.
    • Greyhaven wrote:

"Are DataDragon, LoreGoyle, Dinotropia, Chris Woods, Cory Jones, et al even still working for HXE?" is a legitimate question because if they weren't, we'd never know until they showed up somewhere else. So yeah, a big salute to HEXahedron and the example he set for dev interaction. Cheers!
      Not sure if you picked those names specifically or if it was just an example, but DataDragon did in fact leave quite a while ago. If i remember correctly, I thought his departure was announced through some channel somewhat (though not sure if it was official or not).
    • I expect this thread to draw as much of a response as my Now Is A Good Time for a State of the Game Address thread. (As in, none.) But seriously, solid effort. A+ (this is not sarcasm, I mean it.)

I give the forums grief for frequent negativity (while I'm probably about to delve into myself), but so many on-point posts here. I'd love the game to have a renaissance in popularity, but it won't happen overnight, and it won't be from solely community efforts. They need to try this nifty thing called communication. 'I'd settle for cave paintings at this point.

I can barely get people to play Dungeon Masters of Entrath anymore, and half the questions people want me to cover on Topdeck Radio venture into doom-and-gloom speculation territory. Neither of these give me joy as a content creator. I soldier on cause I still think it's worth the effort. Ask me again in four months if I have another night of only 3 people wanting to engage with my content for a chance at LITERALLY FREE STUFF. (Challengers, not viewers.) Seriously, the state of DMoE the last three weeks terrifies me and makes me think people just hate what I'm doing - despite all the feedback I get that says the opposite.
      Watch Dungeon Masters of Entrath - The HEX Gameshow! Wednesday 8pm EST
      I am ThrawnOmega on Xbox Live, Twitter, Steam, and Twitch.
      Forum Avatar by @tfa_96 on Twitter.
    • Thrawn wrote:

I expect this thread to draw as much of a response as my Now Is A Good Time for a State of the Game Address thread. (As in, none.) But seriously, solid effort. A+ (this is not sarcasm, I mean it.)

I give the forums grief for frequent negativity (while I'm probably about to delve into myself), but so many on-point posts here. I'd love the game to have a renaissance in popularity, but it won't happen overnight, and it won't be from solely community efforts. They need to try this nifty thing called communication. 'I'd settle for cave paintings at this point.

I can barely get people to play Dungeon Masters of Entrath anymore, and half the questions people want me to cover on Topdeck Radio venture into doom-and-gloom speculation territory. Neither of these give me joy as a content creator. I soldier on cause I still think it's worth the effort. Ask me again in four months if I have another night of only 3 people wanting to engage with my content for a chance at LITERALLY FREE STUFF. (Challengers, not viewers.) Seriously, the state of DMoE the last three weeks terrifies me and makes me think people just hate what I'm doing - despite all the feedback I get that says the opposite.
      I am feeling with you. I have streamed hex with 5 viewers or less for far more hours than I thought I could endure.

Doing extra work with something like DMoE makes it extra frustrating.

Sadly I fail to come up with anything to make you feel better. I understand you want to help grow hex and everyone appreciates the effort.
      But when it actively makes you feel bad (and everybody could understand that under the current circumstances) you should really consider quitting it (or go on hiatus until maybe times are better again).

Also: He does still exist: Questmas 2018

I gues now we have to wait.
    • Trust me man, it's not you. People are just DONE. And I don't blame them. I hate to see it happening, but it's because of (many) obvious, easily avoidable (and yet not avoided) reasons.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Regarding Hex staff... We know Cory Jones (obviously), Chris Woods, Ryan Sutherland, and Jared are still there... but who else of the original / old-timers?

I know Phenteo, Chark, DataDragon, Loregoyle, Corey Burkheart, Dan Clark, and Nick Scamman (Scammanator / Magic) among many others are all gone.

Not sure about Phil Cape or Drew Walker though... are they still there? If so we haven't heard from them directly in probably more than a year...
      --ossuary

• Metronomy wrote:

Thrawn wrote:

I expect this thread to draw as much of a response as my Now Is A Good Time for a State of the Game Address thread. (As in, none.) But seriously, solid effort. A+ (this is not sarcasm, I mean it.)

I am feeling with you. I have streamed hex with 5 viewers or less for far more hours than I thought I could endure.
      Doing extra work with something like DMoE makes it extra frustrating.

Sadly I fail to come up with anything to make you feel better. I understand you want to help grow hex and everyone appreciates the effort.
      But when it actively makes you feel bad (and everybody could understand that under the current circumstances) you should really consider quitting it (or go on hiatus until maybe times are better again).

Also: He does still exist: Questmas 2018

I gues now we have to wait.
      I'm just reducing my Hex play so I don't get burned out. Been enjoying Jurassic World: Evolution, Elder Scrolls Online, and the Division lately.

Also finally getting into Dungeons and Dragons.

Just gotta find other outlets for the creativity when something is getting me down, and D&D has been a godsend there.
      Watch Dungeon Masters of Entrath - The HEX Gameshow! Wednesday 8pm EST
      I am ThrawnOmega on Xbox Live, Twitter, Steam, and Twitch.
      Forum Avatar by @tfa_96 on Twitter.
    • Bizznach wrote:

here's a thing.
      i'll go onto a stream to enjoy myself.

second the stream turns into Forums V 2.0 i leave.

mostly because hearing/watching/reading grownups whine makes me want to claw my eyes out.

the echo chamber and tantrums is loud enough in the forums.
      This is pretty much why I stream only a tiny fraction of the time on HEX lately. I took a savage beating, and it all just feels like insult to injury these days.

Sad, because there was a time when I actually felt like I belonged here.
    • I don't know who was beating on you Pandemica, but we'll kick their ass for you. ;)

You're still by far one of my favorite streamers, specifically because you keep it real and don't pull punches or put up with bullshit. I appreciate people who say what they mean and mean what they say. God knows we could use a littler more of that around here from the powers that be.
      --ossuary

• cainhu wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Another part of the problem is that people online don't WANT to have positive discussions half the time. You look at the suggestion forums... there are DOZENS of threads about positive change and that are trying to offer constructive and friendly discussions... most have 1-2 posts(unless they're opened by someone with some real name recognition and even then still frequently)
      I think you are wrong. People WANT meaningful positive discussion about the game, but we learned from experience that 99% of the time HexEnt is not listening. Discussing anything constructive while knowing it won't going to pass, no matter how good the suggestion is very depressing.
      Also many of the suggestions are returning ideas for 2+ years from better casual modes, to AH improvements, to new player experience etc etc etc... On the other side there are things like Siege and Merry Melee, where they asked for feedback, and still ignore it.

If they would come out and show where the game is going, that would increase positive communication. i hoped for a big state of the game article when we had HEX birthday, but honestly... this was the game's most uneventful birthday so far.
      I mean, the reality is that it's easier to have a discussion when you disagree then when you agree. My comment was a slight exaggeration. People DO generally enjoy a discussion more than a post where all they have to say is 'yep'... but the main reason is just that there's not much to say.

If I agree with your post, I usually can only reply with 'yep'. But if I disagree, then we can start having an actual discussion.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I think there are two things that might be happening regarding the lack of communication. 1. A huge change is going to occur shortly and they are not ready to announce it 2. They are basically saying this lack of communication is the new standard so deal with it.

I am on the camp of option 1. What that entails is anyones guess.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

I think there are two things that might be happening regarding the lack of communication. 1. A huge change is going to occur shortly and they are not ready to announce it 2. They are basically saying this lack of communication is the new standard so deal with it.

I am on the camp of option 1. What that entails is anyones guess.
      I am on the camp of both. There's going to be something big revealed(good or bad, who knows) shortly... but the lack of communication is also going to be the new standard.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I tend to think option 1 as well. Something similar happened when they announced the split from Gameforge (Cory and other communications went dark for a while right up until the announcement). Not sure if it's a good or bad announcement, like you say, but I'm trying to remain positive.
    • Nothing meaningful to add. Just wanted to add my name to the concerned veteran roster.

As long as the lights are on, I'll be playing. Still enjoying the wild and incredible things TCG in the digital realm can do.

Still looking forward to all that PVE goodness that attracted me to the KS. Still hoping Hex can live up to it's potential. Still frustrated by the lack of both.
    • I stopped playing due to Cory's treatment of the community regarding 'artistgate'. Considering the direction this game has been heading in the past few months, I don't think I'll get a chance to play it again. But in the face of what I feel is an imminent shutdown, it's probably best that I take my distance from the game. Will make it less painful when they announce termination.