Dino Watch

• Pandaemonium wrote:

Sithos wrote:

I miss you guys <3
      Good to hear from you, dont be a stranger and post for as long as you can.
      I still exist, and I keep an eye on this community and poke my head over the fence from time to time.

I wish things were in a better state so I would feel the drive to create content for this game.

Unfortunately I am and have always been primarily a Limited Player as some may know, and I'm not a fan of the current set. This unfortunately means I likely also won't enjoy the next set which essentially "locks me out" of the game for 6-8+ months.

If anyone misses me feel free to slide into my DM's and I'd be happy to catch up <3
    • Bump.

I get it. Set 10 is delayed and thus Cory has to make a statement, because we all knew that it was the deadline for spoiler season and letting it go unaddressed would hinder the probable bailout negotiations. Now that we've been informed, any resulting meltdown for the state of the game is now safely our fault again - the ungrateful Chicken Littles who should have more respect for the devs than to expect anything of substance from them. Good times. The fact that nobody seemed to see this for the political necessity that it was and actually mistook it for a genuine olive branch of restored communication speaks well of this community's (sadly squandered) faith. But Cory wasn't here to talk to us so much as he was here to spray a bit of air freshener in an abused bathroom so that the next guy who comes in gets to pretend that Ocean Breeze is the only thing climbing up his nostrils.

@Eraia is correct throughout the post-update conversation - What we need in order to have any hope of this game surviving until HXE's mystical saviors agree to bankroll this Hail-Mary turnaround, is engagement. Daily engagement. From people who show up via @Dylan 's Orange Tracker. The fact that the community seems to cut HXE so much slack whenever staff says anything (and yes, four days of cautionary optimism and constructive feedback before utter silence devolves it back into doom-&-gloom is a LOT of slack to be granted under the circumstances) proves that they could still fight for a shred of goodwill again with a hope of actually succeeding. But without a consistent, daily, and active presence here willing to engage, well... This community was slow to learn how to sniff out BS - like 5 years slow - but it is learning quickly nowadays.

@Dinotropia - It is Dark Knight time. You may not be the hero we're allowed, but you're the hero we need. Talk to us.
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin
    • Ossuary wrote:

Update? What update? Oh, you mean the weekly copy / paste. And the monthly "we should have reminded you about VIP sooner but instead are putting it here, after the first VIP already most likely failed to fire." Which I've been reminding them about for two fucking years now.
      "There was much Clashing and Bashing . . . "
    • Dylan wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Update? What update? Oh, you mean the weekly copy / paste. And the monthly "we should have reminded you about VIP sooner but instead are putting it here, after the first VIP already most likely failed to fire." Which I've been reminding them about for two fucking years now.
      "There was much Clashing and Bashing . . . "
      I don't know if 41 (35 unique) Bashers and 63 (? unique) Clashers are enough to make it <MUCH> Bashing and Clashing.
    • The Saviour of Hex?

Plotynus wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Matthew Scott @ Little Orbit will save Hex, just like APB and the other failed/failing games they have picked up.

/whew
      But didn't they (Shards TD) kind of splitted from HXE? Why would they "save" a game from a company they're leaving?
      Little Orbit - They are a publisher that have picked up failing/failed games and will be/have relaunched them....know of any failing games that might need help?
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

The Saviour of Hex?

Plotynus wrote:

TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Matthew Scott @ Little Orbit will save Hex, just like APB and the other failed/failing games they have picked up.

/whew
      But didn't they (Shards TD) kind of splitted from HXE? Why would they "save" a game from a company they're leaving?
      Little Orbit - They are a publisher that have picked up failing/failed games and will be/have relaunched them....know of any failing games that might need help?
      You do know APB has probably a strong connection with Hex from the beginning

as seen in this friday update, they already had a cross promotion and are apparently in the same building

hextcg.com/friday-update-game/
    • So...is there a light at the end of that tunnel after all? I dont know enough about Little Orbit or how successful they have been with their projects and how likely it is they would pick up Hex. All I know is that making hex a success at this point seems like a near impossible task.

To be clear...not because the game is bad. Hex is great. It is just the circumstances. Too late....too many mistakes made...too little people left..too many strong alternatives (existing and upcoming).

The post was edited 2 times, last by Metronomy ().

• Metronomy wrote:

So...is there a light at the end of that tunnel after all? I dont know enough about Little Orbit or how successful they have been with their projects and how likely it is they would pick up Hex. All I know is that making hex a success at this point seems like a near impossible task.

To be clear...not because the game is bad. Hex is great. It is just the circumstances. Too late....too many mistakes made...too little people left..too many strong alternatives (existing and upcoming).
      take hex down, implement - overhaul all the things needed (raids, guilds, coop etc..) relaunch with set1 and all the new features ;) (maybe new name) dunno :)
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Goliathus wrote:

Dude is Head of Publishing of Hex and I have not seen much publishing. I am skeptical of this savior.
      I wonder if his title is in the works. He hasn't came here and made any formal announcement, nor has any part of HEX be said to be published by them yet. It my be him just letting people know, since that is the only thing people can figure out HEX can survive is to get on the back of another publisher. I am not anymore optimistic until I hear an official announcement on this.
    • Little Orbit also took over the other title I kickstarted, Unsung Story. The original publisher was basically peddling vaporware and oversold what his studio could possibly accomplish by waving around BIG names that were supposedly collaborating with him on the project. Little Orbit stepped in after the studio clearly hadn't made progress on the project. Since then, we've been getting a pretty steady stream of detailed updates sharing both good and bad news. An example of the bad news was the visual style. They were having trouble finding a style that fit the game they were developing, was within reach of their graphics team, and also matched the expectations from the kickstarter (which sold itself as a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics). In the end, they settled on a style that fit the graphics team, and showed everyone. Feedback was very mixed, but they were straightforward with the whole process, and pragmatic about what could and could not be achieved.

I wasn't really expecting Little Orbit to pick up another project already, especially not one like Hex, since they have a lot on their plate already. It's hard to say just what 'publisher' of Hex means in this context, though. If it's like Gameforge, it means they're funding the project and probably have some say in its development, but it feels more like an investor role than developer role.

If Little Orbit is actually developing the game now, though, I'd see that as mostly positive news, since it seems like they have experience in how to effectively manage projects. They also have shown willingness to go out and hire the talent they need to work on a game, and presumably would have the budget to do so, which is basically what Hex needs right now.

As an odd side note, I noticed in a recent Little Orbit update that Ty, our former Art Director, was working on Unsung Story, and hearing now that apparently their offices were in close proximity, I'm curious if there's some extent of job poaching going on. It's not really a great look for a company to hire employees working on a project, then offer to take that whole project off their hands too. But it's probably just coincidence. If Ty was looking to leave CZE (perhaps over some issues getting payments out to artists he contracted?), and Little Orbit's just around the corner, that's a convenient opportunity that doesn't involve moving.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Mokog wrote:

Dino liked one of my comments. He is either alive or Dinobot has become self aware. So this is a good thing?
      The forum account "Dinotropia" is just that: an account. It could be anyone logging in and doing stuff. 'cause I couldn't imagine the streamer Dinotropia I remember acting like that account is acting (I'd hope he'd quit due to moral reasons).