Dino Watch

• A bit of optimism perhaps, but my take:

These things can become self-fulfilling prophecies... If you want the game to stay around then PLAY. The is much to love about this game - focus on what you enjoy and PLAY!

Seige
      PVP Constructed Ladder
      PVP Gauntlet
      PVP Immortal
      Merry Melee
      Drafts
      PVE Frost Ring Arena
      PVE Campaign

Loads to do! Still playing every day after 5 years...
    • Rivertrace wrote:

A bit of optimism perhaps, but my take:

These things can become self-fulfilling prophecies... If you want the game to stay around then PLAY. The is much to love about this game - focus on what you enjoy and PLAY!

Seige
      PVP Constructed Ladder
      PVP Gauntlet
      PVP Immortal
      Merry Melee
      Drafts
      PVE Frost Ring Arena
      PVE Campaign

You put Siege at the top of a list of things people enjoy and I immediately stopped reading.
    • Rivertrace wrote:

The is much to love about this game - focus on what you enjoy and PLAY!
      I'm not going to get much into this... but after more than 30 characters leveled to at least 7 and 15 to at least 12... the campaign is just too predictable. FRA is just awful... I can stomach it maybe once a month. And this set is MISERABLE for Evo. And the rest of what you mentioned is not interesting at all to me.

That's the problem many of us players find ourselves in. What we WANT out of the game, the game isn't offering in a palatable state right now. Whether it be casual free game modes, an endless/repeatable pve game mode using our characters, a complete pve campaign, cooperative game modes, social features, a fun evo experience, pod drafting, kitchen table style experience, gauntlets for standard, best of 1 sealed, best of 2 draft, drafting old sets, flashback evos, direct trading, a 'sandbox' style pve arena, siege without gambling, etc.... there is some feature that feels, to the people concerned, mandatory for the game's success that is missing or not adequately provided by the game.

Whatever that feature may be, it's absence means that people who want that are NOT able to 'focus on what they enjoy'. It is fantastic that you are, but it isn't as simple as that for the other people.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Rivertrace wrote:

A bit of optimism perhaps, but my take:

Seige
      PVP Constructed Ladder
      PVP Gauntlet
      PVP Immortal
      Merry Melee
      Drafts
      PVE Frost Ring Arena
      PVE Campaign

Siege - Pay2Play
      PVP Constructed Ladder - Pay2Play
      PVP Gauntlet - Pay2Play
      PVP Immortal - Pay2Play
      Merry Melee - Pay2Play
      Drafts - Pay2Play
      PVE Frost Ring Arena - Effectively Pay2Play
      PVE Campaign - Played out.

So what are my options if I do not want to give a greedy company with trust issues my money?
    • Firellius wrote:

Siege - Pay2PlayPVP Constructed Ladder - Pay2Play
      PVP Gauntlet - Pay2Play
      PVP Immortal - Pay2Play
      Merry Melee - Pay2Play
      Drafts - Pay2Play
      PVE Frost Ring Arena - Effectively Pay2Play
      PVE Campaign - Played out.

So what are my options if I do not want to give a greedy company with trust issues my money?
      I suppose under those constraints, interested in only a F2P experience then you are effectively out of options.

I would not agree that HexEnt is "greedy", though they have developed some "trust issues" of late and it would be nice to hear something from Cory or Dino soon.
    • No, greed is the right word. The way things have been monetized lately, greed is absolutely the right word. That the greed is fueled by desperation doesn't change the fact that the behavior itself is both greedy, and scummy.

There are right ways to monetize a F2P game. Nothing about what HexEnt has done in the last 6 months is the right way.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • desperation and greed are simply not the same thing, and i'd argue that greed does not arise out of desperation - they're at opposite ends of the money acquiring spectrum

but anyway, this is a stupid conversation

we agree that their situation is 100% self-inflicted

The post was edited 1 time, last by schild ().

• Metronomy wrote:

Plotynus wrote:

At this point, the game might or not be "dead", HXE might be or not in bankruptcy, but this community for sure is already dead. The forum revolves around the same 20 users, so, it's understandable that Dino turned into a Dinobot, there is no community to manage. It's a shame, because the community was something very nice that Hex had in the past.
      I was gonna make a sarcastic post that @Greyhaven would be attacked for being negative and therefore destroying the game but you beat me to it with a non-sarcastic one. ;)

I don't think that @Plotynus was accusing me of being negative. He is right that the current forum community is a fraction of what it once was, and is pretty much down to only those of us who have either put too much into the game to see the forest through the trees, or those of us looking for a bit of catharsis here on the fringe. Our community is pretty much dead and there isn't much left to manage. I tried to keep the tone as diplomatic as possible - an honest plea among strained friends hoping to reconnect in lieu of bitter ends. It was fair, and it put the ball into Dino's court with an eager invitation for common ground.

I hope it is something he is allowed to respond to, and I hope that response is allowed to have some substance. I honestly have a lot of respect for Dino - He has always been one of us, riding the wave of his own stellar contributions to become one of them. He is probably orders of magnitude more frustrated at his inability to talk to us than we are, because he's cool like that. And he still has the potential to bridge the gap and remind us all that he is still one of our own.

Beat the bot, Dino! Play 4Keeps.
      (and if you're actually a hostage in the office and you're being coerced, the safe word is "lilliputian" - we'll send help)
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin