Bug with PS4 Siege Attackers?

• Bug with PS4 Siege Attackers?

So I am seeing some weird behavior from PS4 players lately. They appear to be able to initiate an attack with my keep without paying gold and then back out before a match actually starts. Since yesterday, I've been "attacked" by 5 different PS4 players in some way that did not result in a match taking place, and my gold did not increase and my win counter didn't tick up. Normally, if you are attacked and the attacker backs out before the match actually starts, it counts as a forfeit, and you receive the gold immediately and it counts as a win. Now, however, it seems that at least PS4 players can start to attack you, then change their mind before the first champion's deck is actually loaded. Anyone care to comment on this behavior?

Please see this screenshot:

The defeat of Yasi at the bottom is win #19 on this version of my keep. LostSoul1029 was win #20. There are 3 other attacks on the list, none of which have matches, gold paid, or wins ticked up. My keep is currently sitting at 20 wins. With the 3 PS4 players in the screenshot and the 2 others with the same behavior earlier in the week, I should be at 25 wins and have significantly more gold. How are the PS4 players doing this, and is it giving them any information about my keep that normal players have to pay to receive?
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • this reminds me of the old "PS4 Players ar able to attack sieges without having the necessary gold" bug. it caused the attack to end immediately with an error message for the PS4 players and still log an attack.

Found the old Thread:

siege defense: ps4 attackers
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • Thanks I missed that thread. So it looks like the "fix" to this was that they still show up as attacking, but it doesn't count as a loss and fakely give you gold? Still seems broken. :P
      --ossuary

• Ossuary wrote:

Thanks I missed that thread. So it looks like the "fix" to this was that they still show up as attacking, but it doesn't count as a loss and fakely give you gold? Still seems broken. :P
      my guess is that @HEXCrisis passed it along to engineering and they filed it as "display bug - will fix later". PLEASE tell me otherwise.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • Well according to the rest of the thread you linked, it was previously counting those not-encounters as wins, and incorrectly showing the total gold earned increasing. My keep is not showing a higher gold earned than it should (as far as I can tell), and the win counter is not going up, it's just showing a shit-ton of PS4 players "attacking" me with no wins or gold increase, and no actual matches generated. I don't know if it's showing them my first encounter champion and they're somehow backing out with no penalty, or if they're completely failing to attack due to lack of gold, but it's still recording that they tried. I can't see that from my end - that's a HexEnt thing to answer.

All I know is it's showing them attacking, but they're not actually attacking. It sounds like mostly the same bug as reported before, except for the wins/gold not ticking up on my end anymore. So it appears as if they tried to fix it, but only actually got halfway there. Unless of course it's actually letting PS4 players back out with no penalty, in which case that's a potentially huge advantage. :P
      --ossuary

• This is still happening. Got "attacked" by 8 PS4 players in a row last night with no matches, gold increase, or win count increase taking place. These fake matches are also forcing my legitimate replays off the bottom of the list.
      --ossuary