Kickstarter Promises - What are we waiting for? What do we have?

• Kickstarter Promises - What are we waiting for? What do we have?

So, two years ago this month I went through the Kickstarter promises to see what was in the game so far, and what we were still waiting for. Decided it's probably about time to update that post! Of course, that was in the Gameforge forums, so the actual thread is only available archived ( web.archive.org/web/2016062821…&postID=586299#post586299 ).

I've colour coded the list. Green items are in the game. Red items are not in the game. Blue items are either partially in the game, or I'm not sure whether they're in or not.

Kickstarter Promises

Create a Champion from a choice of 6 classes and 8 races.
      Equip Gear to upgrade cards.

Some Gear will have set bonuses.
      Explore dozens of Dungeons.
      Fight with friends in epic Raids.
      Advanced Guild functionality - join or create the ultimate TCG group.
      Share cards with your guild via the guild bank.
      Join guild sanctioned tournaments.

Buy and sell cards, gear and other rewards with a fully featured Auction House.
      Earn faction rewards and grow your faction allegiance.
      A fully featured TCG.
      Socketed cards.

Double back feature - cards store stats, badges, achievements and gain their own experience.
      Cards can transform in play.
      Dozens of daily tournaments, on demand drafts and potentially real cash prize tournaments.
      Authenticator support.

An additional city, with associated quests, for each playable race. - The Coyotle and Necrotic cities are in game (2/8), but no unique quests for them yet.
      Guild ranking and guild tournament support.
      Crafting system.

Primal packs.
      VIP Programme.

Three additional raids.
      5 new themed game boards, with animations and effects.
      10 more dungeons, with unique cards and equips.
      More sound and particle effects.
      AI deck building tool, AIDA.
      Keep Defence mode. - we have sieges, but not the full Keep functionality hinted at running up to the AZ2 release.
      Playback support - save and store your best games, share with friends or social media. - in the game, but only for some players.
      A Motion Comics intro sequence for the game. - is that what the new intro is?

Tablet support.
      A novel by a premier fantasy writer.
      The Codex Cryptozoia - a weekly updated web based guide to the lore of Entrath.
      HexCon - a real life Hex convention.

Cards for backers.
      Mercenaries for backers.
      Equips for backers.
      Starter decks for backers.
      Booster packs for backers.
      Beta invites for backers.
      Sleeves for backers.
      Digital artbook for backers.

Name in the credits for backers.
      Crafting material for backers.

Dinner at Gencon for backers.
      Vanity cards for backers.
      Vanity sleeves for backers.

Design a card for backers. - I'm not sure about this. Anyone know if these are in the game?
      Choose a dungeon theme for backers. - I assume these aren't in yet, but again, don't know for sure.

Unique backer rewards for $250 level tiers:
      Bonus EXP for Guild Master's guildies.
      Exclusive Pro Player tournament, and drafts for life.
      Double loot for Dungeon Crawlers.
      AA cards for Collectors.

Special raid bonuses for Raid Leader's party.

So, a lot of promises! Hex's Kickstarter ended on June 7th; throughout May, articles were published to the website with more planned features, and preview cards.

A lot of cards, equipment, dungeons and mercs are spoiled that are yet in the game - stuff like Soul Marble, Chaos Key and Shrine of Prosperity equips, dungeons like Junkyard Dog and Kraken's Gold, cards like Head Games and the General's Tent.
      Arena of the Mountain God - battle in an arena to earn rewards whilst also taking care to increase "crowd favour". The Crowd love to see spectacles like massive damage, giant armies, come from behind victories, etc, which will increase your ultimate rewards.
      Some kind of crafting system is show - a card being broken down to crafting materials and remade, and a card being broken down into currency.

Quests are gone into in more detail:
      Single encounter quests.
      Dungeon quests.

Raid queues.
      Reputation faction quests.
      PvP-PvE (Wild West mode) is mentioned.
      Two raids are previewed (the Kraken and the Chaos Key), along with card spoilers (and their equips) of the loot that drops in the Chaos Key raid.

So, the updates from my post two years ago, i.e. which Kickstarter promises have been fulfilled in the last two years - we now have a second Adventure Zone, which added some of the planned dungeons and an extra class. We have a siege defence mode. We have a playback feature, for some people. And the Pro Player tournament was run.
    • Double-back has been scrapped, with the blessings of the community I might add. I think you should use the strikethrough effect for that.

Reg. Set bonuses from gear: This has been scrapped as well afaik. I believe it was said by Cory himself that they tried it internally and was bad design (I assume that to mean that players would feel forced to play specifically with the cards & gear of the set, and that would oppress creativity).

(Don't make me find the quote/interview though.)

AH might suck but it's fully featured as you can both sell and buy.

Faction rewards do exist, as there exist 1 faction specific dungeon. Rewards can still be traded but that doesn't matter.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vroengard ().

• Vroengard wrote:

Double-back has been scrapped, with the blessings of the community I might add. I think you should use the strikethrough effect for that.

Reg. Set bonuses from gear: This has been scrapped as well afaik. I believe it was said by Cory himself that they tried it internally and was bad design (I assume that to mean that players would feel forced to play specifically with the cards & gear of the set, and that would oppress creativity).

(Don't make me find the quote/interview though.)

AH might suck but it's fully featured as you can both sell and buy.

Faction rewards do exist, as there exist 1 faction specific dungeon. Rewards can still be traded but that doesn't matter.

Yes, I was considering mentioning that some ideas had been changed, but since there are still plans for a doubleback-like system of achievements (albeit not tied to individual cards), I thought I'd leave it in. As you say, set bonuses are also scrapped.

Last time I had the AH feature fully green, and someone complained it wasn't fully featured. :P I figure since we have heard that they are working on improving the AH I'll leave that bit as red - but it is in game, and works to buy or sell cards.

Factions as mentioned in the Kickstarter are a little different to the Ardent/Underworld factions that we have. On top of the Ardent/Underworld thing we are supposed to be getting a lot of smaller factions - things like the Void Society - with the chance to throw in our lot with them to unlock exclusive rewards. I think the art for one of the wines was recycled from a card originally spoiled as a Void Society faction reward card, for example.
    • Ksetrat wrote:

"Vanity cards for backers" - i thought these were the Highland Magus, Highlands Shinobi, and the Royal Cutblood card. my memory may be off, but that seems right in my mind.
      Yes, that's why it's in green. I think these are all in the game. The other backer card reward - design a card - I'm not so sure about; could easily be in the game, but I don't know which cards they are if so.
    • Showsni wrote:

Double back feature - cards store stats, badges, achievements and gain their own experience.
      10 more dungeons, with unique cards and equips.
      Tablet support.

Looking forward to these a lot. Don't particularly care for the rest (or have no clue what they mean), don't mind it coming into existence either though.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Showsni wrote:

Ksetrat wrote:

"Vanity cards for backers" - i thought these were the Highland Magus, Highlands Shinobi, and the Royal Cutblood card. my memory may be off, but that seems right in my mind.
      Yes, that's why it's in green. I think these are all in the game. The other backer card reward - design a card - I'm not so sure about; could easily be in the game, but I don't know which cards they are if so.

problem with being partially color blind. confused the line items. lol. carry on.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

I still can't believe there's an entire backer tier centered around a mechanic that still does not exist at all (raids).
      Heck, i don't even want the raid leader perks i paid for anymore and would be more then happy to keep what they gave us as a replacement. (it's not like there are that many people that bought the raid leader tier anyway...lol)

As for double backs i always thought that it was an awful idea and a waste of time. Who really cared how many things you killed with a particular copy of herofall or if some known player won a bash with a card and wants to charge triple the price to sell it.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

When your only hope quickly becomes I hope the lights stay on for a few more months, all those castles in the sky promised 5 years ago start to matter a lot less than having clean drinking water.
      At this point the only hope I am holding out is that slim chance I'll be able to raid at least once before the servers shut down for good.