A series of Feedback videos...

• A series of Feedback videos...

I've starting making some YouTube videos to highlight some ideas that I think NEED to happen. I've also tried to think of ways that shouldn't be too time consuming to implement, as they either use existing code or assets where possible.

I will be updating this post with new videos as I do them. If anyone has ideas feel free to either send it to me and I will potentially make a video or you can make a video yourself and I will add it to the list!

Videos:
      Landing Page - Improving Tournament and Twitch Stream Visibility
      Auction House - Listing Cards from Collection using existing code/assets
      Deck Manager - Loading / Saving decks - Groups/Folders

Cheers

HAVOC :thumbsup:

P.S - Please disregard crappy production value, just wanted to get the ideas out there

Twitch —— YouTube —— Twitter —— Steam —— Patreon

The post was edited 2 times, last by HAVOC ().

• Things that NEED to happen..
      Ways that are not TOO time consuming..
      Use EXISTING code and assets..

That's a very specific list of prerequisites. For No1, who's the one to say what NEEDS to happen? Me? You? The majority of the forum posters? The majority of the playerbase? For No2 and No3, not only does one need to know code and decipher assets from what we see in the end product, but also know HXE insider stuff (what's time consuming for HXE is not what's time consuming for EA, and in-between levels).

I'd like to add that it's unlikely this effort does anything except have you channel your pent up creativity. We've been asking for basic stuff for years.

Oh well, one more time won't matter.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Things that NEED to happen..

That's a very specific list of prerequisites. For No1, who's the one to say what NEEDS to happen? Me? You? The majority of the forum posters? The majority of the playerbase? For No2 and No3, not only does one need to know code and decipher assets from what we see in the end product, but also know HXE insider stuff (what's time consuming for HXE is not what's time consuming for EA, and in-between levels).

I'd like to add that it's unlikely this effort does anything except have you channel your pent up creativity. We've been asking for basic stuff for years.

These are just my opinions, some are more needed than others... sure. As I said, I'm trying to think of the EASIEST solutions possible, I have some programming background so I can imagine how some of it is done but I am just guessing.

At the end of the day, I just want to share the ideas and hopefully the devs will take notice, if they think it is too hard or not worth their time, then so be it.

• Thank you for putting up these videos. Hex needs to communicate about what they can and cannot do about the ah. They either should say (1) yes we can make some changes with minimal effort (2) any changes to the ah code could potentially be disasterous and too much resources are needed to fix anything (I think 2 is more likely the real reason).

There are obvious things hex should be doing and it is a damn shame there is little to no communication and it looks like they dont give a damn.
    • HAVOC wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

Things that NEED to happen..

These are just my opinions, some are more needed than others... sure. As I said, I'm trying to think of the EASIEST solutions possible, I have some programming background so I can imagine how some of it is done but I am just guessing.
      At the end of the day, I just want to share the ideas and hopefully the devs will take notice, if they think it is too hard or not worth their time, then so be it.
      I was referring to your asking people to send you ideas, mostly. I, for one, have no idea how hard or easy it is to implement X. But even if I did, like you, I wouldn't know how hard or easy it is for HXE, unless I've worked for them.
    • Havok, you should bump your cosmic trophies idea here. It may require an ammount of UI work but I think on a basic level a hall of fame of some sort for important tournaments should be in game.

As far as new ideas for the list, I think patches, backdoor updates and the known bugs list should be integrated with the client in some sort of news feed/page.
    • I really like the idea of adding cards from the collection screen. How about also having a box that will let you search for that specific card. It could display 1 result and that would be the lowest buyout price which could be purchased right then and there. It would make finishing play sets easier and could be used to quickly find what a card is currently going for.
    • HellCrescent wrote:

Havok, you should bump your cosmic trophies idea here. It may require an ammount of UI work but I think on a basic level a hall of fame of some sort for important tournaments should be in game.

As far as new ideas for the list, I think patches, backdoor updates and the known bugs list should be integrated with the client in some sort of news feed/page.
      It would be nice to have but I do see it as a bit of a luxury feature. Probably best to get the smaller more important issues out of the way first