Someone trying to jack prices up?

• Ossuary wrote:

If Hex sold every single card on demand at an exact fixed price, nobody would ever buy a single booster pack ever again except to actually play in a limited tournament.
      So what? They'd be making money in a different way.

"Sell packs for limited, limited feeds constructed" is a novel idea. One that isn't currently working.

They need to innovate. Arena is coming. Artifact is coming.

Hex is awesome. Get people in the door playing it to see that. Even with better advertising and a better on boarding process many people would look at $200+ decks and think "that is a neat, but expensive video game. I'll try something else instead".

I've said it once and I'll say it one more time - Hex packs cost half what MTG / MTGO packs cost. The fact that Hex constructed decks don't also cost half as much on average is a testament to things being fucked up.

I get that there are a lot of high effort elegant solutions to this. Those take time to make happen though.
    • There is an easy fix to this.

Change the AH so that the AH fee is paid by the seller when listing the item (and remove bidding, leave only buyouts). People would then only list items at prices they actually expect them to sell at, and it would lower costs towards the actual value of the cards.

I have played other games with this kind of system and it works great.
    • Malloc wrote:

There is an easy fix to this.

Change the AH so that the AH fee is paid by the seller when listing the item (and remove bidding, leave only buyouts). People would then only list items at prices they actually expect them to sell at, and it would lower costs towards the actual value of the cards.

I have played other games with this kind of system and it works great.
      This assumes people will be listing things. The reason there are issues is by and large because listing things is tedious at best.
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

This assumes people will be listing things. The reason there are issues is by and large because listing things is tedious at best.
      well as I suggested years ago, they need to fix if so when you are browsing your collection and you mouse over cards you get info on the current lowest gold and plat buyout for that card, and you can list cards directly from your collection.

But baby steps.
    • The PS4 had that functionality, what, 6 months ago now? They swore those improvements were going to make their way back into the PC client "very soon" at the time. Where's that? They must be too busy pissing away their community goodwill by not talking to anybody about anything, I guess, to get that work done. All that silence clearly takes a lot of time and effort.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well