Someone trying to jack prices up?

• Someone trying to jack prices up?

I've noticed recently, that there are alot of cards in the AH who someone is buying out then jacking the prices WAY up (like 50-100p cards for 2000-3000, etc etc)
      I can't think that they honestly think they are going to sell, so what are they trying to do?

Screw with the tcgbrowser prices? Trick some newb into thinking its a strong card? I don't know, it sees pretty low brow to me. I've tried to fix it where I can by selling the cards at normal price when i don't use them, but even still, it does not do much.
    • I think alot of this over the past while has to do with Immortal gauntlets. It's hard for people to gauge the value of cards that don't see any movement for so long, and are now all of sudden desirable.

Though I agree.. when I went to look for Xentoth's Malice and found them at 1900p I was displeased.
    • I agree. Back a few sets ago, this kind of stuff would happen and it'd be annoying, but not the end of the world because you could always go to Primal or Battleshopper if you needed to.

Now we have PS4 players that only have one avenue to acquiring cards and it's actively hurting the game when these kinds of things happen.
    • xbete wrote:

Someone is always trying their luck but I don't think they succeed very often, except in wasting their time, as they could otherwise sell their jank for a reasonable price to someone who wants to play a card game rather con-man / broken market simulator.
      when it succeed is jackpot for him and a leaving user for us. It happen with other cards and his annoying.

If you want to play the market, do it outside hex, there is the stock market that is perfect
    • I think @Osamaru that there are people who have gone for whale hunting and try their luck.
      The last couple of days I have seen absurd prices for cards mostly used in siege.
      Underworld reinforcements sold for 2k plat,
      Xenthoth's Missionary 2,5k plat and many more.
      Makes me really sad but that's what an open market is.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Mystery wrote:

Can you give some specific examples? I'm curious to see whether there are actually purchases for the card, or whether it is just that the old ones expired.
      I'd have to go through my collection and check. I noticed it all in TCGBrowser.

AxelDWater wrote:

I think @Osamaru that there are people who have gone for whale hunting and try their luck.
      The last couple of days I have seen absurd prices for cards mostly used in siege.
      Ya, I think its a little cheap, if you ask me, but what can ya do?
    • AxelDWater wrote:

I think @Osamaru that there are people who have gone for whale hunting and try their luck.
      I assume what you are quoting are just the prices those cards were listed at (I see 0 listings for either card at this moment). Based on Hexprice data, there haven't been any sales of Underworld Reinforcements above 31p, nor is there any sign of someone buying out a large number of them to raise the price. It looks like the more likely scenario is that all the current listings expired, and someone saw that there were no current listings so they tried to add one at a really high number hoping that someone might bite.

That isn't great, but it isn't market manipulation of the kind that Osamaru was speculating about, where someone is actually buying things up in order to corner the market. That is something that I see many people speculate about, but have rarely seen evidence of it happening.
    • It is standard legal cards that have lots of volatile prices as well.

I wanted to refer someone the sisters deck I 3-0-1'd the bash with: hexpvptools.net/tournament/1126306718/player/4458793

Sunday night PVP tools estimated it was almost 30k plat to get off the AH. As of this post it estimates it is 21k plat.

On Primal it costs $160 before a discount code.

That is a _huge_ amount of inflation on the AH. It is tough seeing non-game related stuff like this hurt Hex. Their game play is great, but the market and how expensive / inflated it is really makes it hard to get people interested.
    • AxelDWater wrote:

Calling it an open market or even market is a bit flattering. I just checked on PVPtools - this week there was 59,000,000 of plat listings, but only 1,350,000 plat value sold. The jacked prices are just a symptom a sick and dysfunctional economy that hurts everyone. Sellers don't sell, buyers can't buy, Hex can't grow. The signature decks and giving chase rares / legendaries in collectors decks / tournament rewards help a little, but the situation (denying people the opportunity to play decks they might enjoy, and keep playing) is so degenerate already it's an uphill struggle. Hopefully a bit of work on the AH would help, rather than crash the servers, but who knows?

Edit: It's not even about the super jacked up prices or chase legendaries going for 1000p+, but cards like Dragonspeaker Daliah, currently on the AH for 148p. It's not a card that is ever going to make waves in constructed play, more the kind of card that should be included in welcome packages from experienced players to newcomers looking to make a singleton deck, so why is someone trying to sell it for more than a current set pack? It's 90% not going to sell. At 80p, still too expensive probably, but much closer to the "real value" as supported by actual sales of the card, it might sell. Then the seller could enjoy their plat and the buyer could enjoy there card. But instead they are hobbled by the inflated perception of card value that has haunted hex. This is especially ridiculous at a time when the game is clearly up against the wall, and the higher the risk the game dwindles or collapses the less value not more value those cards have.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xbete ().

• JeffHoogland wrote:

It is standard legal cards that have lots of volatile prices as well.

I wanted to refer someone the sisters deck I 3-0-1'd the bash with: hexpvptools.net/tournament/1126306718/player/4458793

Sunday night PVP tools estimated it was almost 30k plat to get off the AH. As of this post it estimates it is 21k plat.

That is a _huge_ amount of inflation on the AH. It is tough seeing non-game related stuff like this hurt Hex. Their game play is great, but the market and how expensive / inflated it is really makes it hard to get people interested.
      And buying it in the forums will surely costs 25% less. This issue with the deviation of prices between AH and third-party market needs to be fixed or is going to end badly. I honestly don't know how. Or, I know, but is not a conventional solution and definitely one that people here won't like (seeing some reactions with the $25 decks): direct intervention from HXE on the AH.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

JeffHoogland wrote:

It is standard legal cards that have lots of volatile prices as well.

And buying it in the forums will surely costs 25% less. This issue with the deviation of prices between AH and third-party market needs to be fixed or is going to end badly. I honestly don't know how. Or, I know, but is not a conventional solution and definitely one that people here won't like (seeing some reactions with the $25 decks): direct intervention from HXE on the AH.
      The reaction to the $25 decks was delusional. With the state of the game as it is people's collections are nothing compared to what they'd like to think. If they were cards would sell more.
    • Plotynus wrote:

I know, but is not a conventional solution and definitely one that people here won't like (seeing some reactions with the $25 decks): direct intervention from HXE on the AH.
      Those people are going to be pretty upset when all their stuff is "worth" nothing cause no one is around to play with.

People need to stop looking at games as an "investment". You should be playing games for fun. Right now the Hex econ is a direct hurdle to letting people get into Hex.

At this point I'd even be happy with Hex listing all rares / legends on the AH at a "ceiling" price to keep things reasonable and then if a natural market wants to settle the price of that staple at a lower point let it happen.

I'm sure there will be a dozen people along to tell me how that would ruin the game shortly, but honestly I just want people to play with so f*** the people who want to use a game I enjoy as a stock market.
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

Plotynus wrote:

I know, but is not a conventional solution and definitely one that people here won't like (seeing some reactions with the $25 decks): direct intervention from HXE on the AH.
      Those people are going to be pretty upset when all their stuff is "worth" nothing cause no one is around to play with.
      People need to stop looking at games as an "investment". You should be playing games for fun. Right now the Hex econ is a direct hurdle to letting people get into Hex.

At this point I'd even be happy with Hex listing all rares / legends on the AH at a "ceiling" price to keep things reasonable and then if a natural market wants to settle the price of that staple at a lower point let it happen.

I'm sure there will be a dozen people along to tell me how that would ruin the game shortly, but honestly I just want people to play with so f*** the people who want to use a game I enjoy as a stock market.
      Well, that's basically the idea. HXE should list the expensive cards at a cheaper price with a bot on the AH. They can do it even without our knowledge if the bot is well designed at how it list the prices and quantities.

And hey, the government in my country it's neo-liberal, adherent of the free market and all and it's currently intervening and controlling the dollar fx market right now so it wont rise a lot... if they can, I'm sure HXE can too besides the complain of some users.
      Twitter: @Plotynus