Friday Update - Portal Kombat

• Played the first matches and we might be onto something here. I like the fact that thinking if playing a card or not it's actually something that matters. And thinking ahead it's not easy because you never know what's going to be there. From the other 2 modes I've liked (Corinth and ESW), this one feels more like a traditional match, which for some people might be a winning point.

Moving forward, this mode it's easy to implement outside the merry melee, just throw us 30x of each portals on our collections (and ban them in standard/immortal). I bet it can also be fun if we can choose the shards and the champions :)
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • I am still boycotting this mode. Zero word on any of the issues the community is concerned about - just more fluff and cash grabs. Hard pass.

It's a real shame, because the mode looks like it could be a lot of fun - IF it were free, like it ought to be. Stop being greedy and start supporting casual play, plz thx bye.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

I am still boycotting this mode. Zero word on any of the issues the community is concerned about - just more fluff and cash grabs. Hard pass.

It's a real shame, because the mode looks like it could be a lot of fun - IF it were free, like it ought to be. Stop being greedy and start supporting casual play, plz thx bye.
      I have 0 concern. I'm having fun and pay the 100p.
    • Ossuary wrote:

I am still boycotting this mode. Zero word on any of the issues the community is concerned about - just more fluff and cash grabs. Hard pass.

Weeks and months of the community raising concerns and Hex ent is ignoring them.Long terms plans of the game?PVE?The game financial stability?Bugs?Lots other stuff is left unanswered so people stopped talking about them.Does Hex think players that gave up on the game will be coming back?Did the new players numbers increased and their retention went up that they can ignore all those issues?

On a different note is anyone still buying Hex collections or think the cards still have value?I should probably just salvage what I can at this point.
    • Portal Kombat sounds kinda fun

... still waiting for these casual modes to be opened up for casual play with direct challenges to friends and no fee/rewards though. Every time my friends and I talk about these modes we're just sharing stories about matches with random people instead of with each other. Random matchmaking is nice for convenience and all, but it just feels so lonely sometimes and I'm sad I can't play these cool new modes with specific friends of mine. :(
    • that was the merry melee format i enjoyed the less... felt like my opponents were getting much more luckier than me and spent 300 plat to get 2 wins across 3 runs, done with it and fuck the sleeve. hopefully it wasn't plat from real money as i've been able, through ah trading, to finance my games. i haven't spent money in this frustrating game for the last few years
    • Catalonia wrote:

that was the merry melee format i enjoyed the less... felt like my opponents were getting much more luckier than me and spent 300 plat to get 2 wins across 3 runs, done with it and fuck the sleeve. hopefully it wasn't plat from real money as i've been able, through ah trading, to finance my games. i haven't spent money in this frustrating game for the last few years
      This is the feedback that should be taken seriously, and what is very wrong with the way this mode was implemented. It’s such a shame that in order to be heard as a player base we can’t actually get you to listen. It’s a completely different skill set.

If and when the lights turn off, I’ll still be able to sleep at night knowing I tried to help steer to more positive outcomes here. These modes should be heavily sought after and played casually. There is just no actual effort put into building the interface to monetize the right way on its delivery.
    • Fun first stream, thanks to everyone who showed! Really bummed I didn't get auto-archive turned on for the stream, there were some amazing situations with portal combat-- Fountain of Dreams pulling Uruunaz to dig Rot Caster out of opponent's graveyard to get rid of Flock of Seagulls was hilariously contrived wackiness.
    • Losses in this mode are rage inducing. Once both players know what they're doing winning or losing comes down to whoever can get rare/legendary portals and have those transform into a bomb or card advantage engine first. Think I'll just stick to joining my weekly draft and conceding without playing any matches with the occasional pve.
    • Vroengard wrote:

I would like to know whether Portals can turn into Standard only or any PvP card (aka Immortal). I think it's a crucial bit of info that shouldn't be missing from the introduction.

@NicoSharp Shhhh.. Don't judge. Self-fulfilling prophecy. It's just 1$ you cheapskate. Portensio is having fun.
      /s
      I am actually

I’m not saying that everything they do is good. I see a lot of people asking for direct challenge and I’m not against it ( im actually for it ) but the same people are being more annoying then my wife when she has pms repeating the same thing day after day on all the possible forum discussions.

They know that’s what you want and they won’t give it to you. Why? No idea.

So Either accept it or play something else. I accepted it. It’s a game. It’s for fun. It cost money. That’s it.

Are we as players entitled to our opinion ? Yes. Are we entitled to ask for things ? Yes. Are we entitled to ask for free? No. That’s their business decision.

Again ( because people tend to read just some part of what they want ) would I like a direct challenge ? Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

1000 posts were made clear of that. If we don’t have it there is a reason. Do they communicate why.? Absolutely not. They are horrible to discuss and to engage discussions with the community.

It’s funny that they act like that because even WotC interacts a lot with the community with mtga compared to before. They really are invested in discussions and give feedback ( good or bad but there is an answer ). Maybe they could take some pointers on how to do that.
    • Portensio wrote:

So Either accept it or play something else. I accepted it. It’s a game. It’s for fun. It cost money. That’s it.

Are we as players entitled to our opinion ? Yes. Are we entitled to ask for things ? Yes. Are we entitled to ask for free? No. That’s their business decision.

Again ( because people tend to read just some part of what they want ) would I like a direct challenge ? Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

1000 posts were made clear of that. If we don’t have it there is a reason. Do they communicate why.? Absolutely not. They are horrible to discuss and to engage discussions with the community.

It’s funny that they act like that because even WotC interacts a lot with the community with mtga compared to before. They really are invested in discussions and give feedback ( good or bad but there is an answer ). Maybe they could take some pointers on how to do that.

I get what you're putting down. Believe me, I do. I'm as sick of hearing myself say this shit as probably the white knights are of hearing me say it at this point. :P

Real talk though. We want something. They don't want to give it. We're angry at what they expect from us, and that they won't talk to us about ANY of this. So what's the alternative? Even you agree that their communication is shit. Does a company that is doing poorly, won't listen to their few remaining users, won't talk to them about anything, and has a history of bad decision making, bad implementation, and bad community relations DESERVE to be a success?

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, the answer is no. Which breaks my heart. I love Hex, and I love the original vision HexEnt had for it. But that's an important distinction: original vision. Hex IS NOT the game we were promised. Far from it. The game we were promised had fun, free, casual stuff in it. It was not newb unfriendly cash grabs as far as the eye could see. But that's all we've got left.

I'm not ready to wash my hands entirely and walk away. So I keep climbing up on this rickety-ass soap box, hoping against hope that somebody who actually matters will finally listen. I don't expect them to, but other than speaking with my wallet (I won't spend a cent on Hex again until they start talking about this and making it better), talking is all I can do. Until I eventually give up, and leave for good.

So I apologize (for myself anyway) if you're sick of hearing these calls for discourse and action. I'll probably stop soon enough. The only real question at this point is whether I'll stop because I've given up, or because they've shut down. It genuinely feels like it's going to be one or the other at this point. I don't think I really believe that they can actually be successful again at this point. They're too far gone, and too apparently stubborn to open up about it.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well