Friday Update - Portal Kombat

• I had fun playing this format. Going forward, I would ban Void Star, the Sightless and heavily consider banning Hap'ie, the High Hero. The former wins the game by attacking once. The latter is heavily synergistic with every non-resource you play and is too powerful relative to other legendaries in my estimation.

I heard on stream last night that Scribe of the Flayed Man may break the game as well if you try to play portals with it, but I haven't tested it yet.
    • TheBlackCrypt wrote:

Portensio wrote:

schild wrote:

Portensio wrote:

Hope others are happy with these casual formats
      competitive, you mean?
      Nope casual
      Casual with an entry fee and prizes...yeah, not so casual.
      You mean like the magic commander decks that cost real money for casual players or all the other stuff( what was it lately ... battle one I think) for 2 Hg. All stuff that cost money out of a casual format. Casual does not include de word free

Causal means fun and low to no risk. Does not mean free

I’ll agree to the challenge part which sucks. But please don’t mix casual and free
    • Zubrin wrote:

I had fun playing this format. Going forward, I would ban Void Star, the Sightless and heavily consider banning Hap'ie, the High Hero. The former wins the game by attacking once. The latter is heavily synergistic with every non-resource you play and is too powerful relative to other legendaries in my estimation.

I heard on stream last night that Scribe of the Flayed Man may break the game as well if you try to play portals with it, but I haven't tested it yet.

Completely agree with both of these. I'd also add Galaxtar to the list as well, for the same reason as Hap'ie.
    • Villainy wrote:

Zubrin wrote:

I had fun playing this format. Going forward, I would ban Void Star, the Sightless and heavily consider banning Hap'ie, the High Hero. The former wins the game by attacking once. The latter is heavily synergistic with every non-resource you play and is too powerful relative to other legendaries in my estimation.

Completely agree with both of these. I'd also add Galaxtar to the list as well, for the same reason as Hap'ie.
      But if you leave Hapi in you can leave voidstar as well since he counters her Kappa

Honestly tho I'm against balance tweaks in these modes and think only absolutely broken stuff should be removed. Which as far as i know is only voidstar at this point just my opinion however. Because if this stops being a competitive format and i can no longer have hapi because people minded when there were prizes on the line i will be pissed.

Also when we finally get Elderberry Dungeon Hangout I'm so making Hapie my big boss.
    • Villainy wrote:

Zubrin wrote:

i would ban voidstar only.
      She counters the format's mechanics much in the same way Frost Mage did for Corinth.
      Other unfun interactions would be Drowned Shrine and Subtle Striker.

also:

google.com/search?q=casual+definition

so, which definition do we use for casual formats?
      "done or acting without sufficient care or thoroughness." seems to work.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • SlayerStronghold wrote:

i would ban voidstar only.She counters the format's mechanics much in the same way Frost Mage did for Corinth.
      Other unfun interactions would be Drowned Shrine and Subtle Striker.
      While it lowers the tempo i think the fact that drowned shrine doesn't actively negate anything and that it is two sided means there is no real harm in it staying frost mage and striker obviously need to go.