Please, a ladder for immortal

• Please, a ladder for immortal

The current immortal tournament is great, ok, but not all players can pay 500 p every time they wanna play immortal. A ladder for immortal would be healthy for those cards and that way you could test your decks to see if your deck is strong to play the immortal tournaments. I think a ladder for immortal is something that most of us want.

Thanks
    • I actually like the current division. The ladder should be less intimidating and the landing zone for newcomers, but also worthwhile to grind for veterans because of Cosmic Coins.

Immortal, by its very nature, appeals to the die hards. You can challenge friends to a no-stakes match already.

As much as people complain about Hex's incentives structures (many of which are legitimate), I think the Standard Ladder vs. Immortal Gauntlet is exactly what they should be doing.
    • Thats the idea of this game- you have to spend money for standard and after the rotation you have to spend money in order to play rotated out cards/decks..or you challenge friends, which is not always easy to do.

Its also not easy to play your "old and wacky" decks in pve, since they changed the arena.

They really make it hard for you to play your old cards.
    • ATPase wrote:

Dantebeowulf wrote:

No one was playing the immortal queue because it was full of new players playing with commons and uncommons
      So it was full of new players but somehow no one was playing? Sounds like ti was right decision to remove it- so new players have less ways to play their cards and have to go for standard.
      That isn't really Immortal though - it is a casual queue. Calling it Immortal just created lots of feel bad moments - when people queued up with a "real" Immortal deck that wasn't just random cards they owned they felt bad beating a new player / having their time wasted. The new player felt bad that they got beat by a powerful deck of cards.

Honestly - standard should be the format pushed for new players. It has a smaller card pool so it is easier to learn for non-TCG veterans. If you think standard is too expensive to keep up with, and thus prohibitive to new players the correct solution is making standard more affordable IMO.
    • I want a way to play my immortal cards without paying fees and also a place where you can play less competative immortal decks. The old q and the old arena were two places for this. Now they are both gone.

Saying "nobody was playing the q, so we dont need a ladder" is like saying "nobody is playing hex, so we dont need any TCGs".
    • ATPase wrote:

I want a way to play my immortal cards without paying fees and also a place where you can play less competative immortal decks.

Vroengard wrote:

You can challenge your friends with Immortal rules if you're both on PC.
      You want a specific way to play your Immortal cards. You already have a way, you just don't like it.

And that is fine - you are entitled to want more for less. I just want to point out that saying "I can't do this thing" when you can in fact do that thing, is silly.
    • Imo, they should just have a sort of casual free lobby like MtGO does, where you can start a game in any preferred format (Standard, Immortal, Rock, Singleton, Wild West, etc.) and then show up in the list where others can just join your game and then you play a BO1. No entree fee, no prizes. Sometimes you just want some PvP without pressure, either for pure fun or for testing out your new build.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

ATPase wrote:

I want a way to play my immortal cards without paying fees and also a place where you can play less competative immortal decks.

Vroengard wrote:

You can challenge your friends with Immortal rules if you're both on PC.
      You want a specific way to play your Immortal cards. You already have a way, you just don't like it.
      And that is fine - you are entitled to want more for less. I just want to point out that saying "I can't do this thing" when you can in fact do that thing, is silly.
      nah, silly is thinking a "challenge friend" option can replace a q or even a ladder. By your logic we dont even need a standard ladder, just challenge your friend.
    • Transience wrote:

Imo, they should just have a sort of casual free lobby like MtGO does, where you can start a game in any preferred format (Standard, Immortal, Rock, Singleton, Wild West, etc.) and then show up in the list where others can just join your game and then you play a BO1. No entree fee, no prizes. Sometimes you just want some PvP without pressure, either for pure fun or for testing out your new build.
      I'd rather have that as a BO3 (or, ideally, have a choice between BO1 and BO3) because if I'm going to test a deck I want to test my reserves as well. MTGO has this and it's great, they have separate catergories as well like "Just for fun" or "Tournament practice".
    • I do think Hex would be well served by having a "Casual" tab that allows players to jump into 2 player queues for Casual Immortal, Wild West, etc. with no prizes attached. Basically exactly what schild presented in one of his mockups.

Maybe offer unlocks of certain Merry Melee formats in the store for 500 plat each?