Happy 5th Birthday, HEX!

• cainhu wrote:

Transience wrote:

That has nothing to do with development. And balance is certainly not a goal of any merry melee mode. But didn't they already ban the problem cards? I think so, so what is the problem?
      Did they? I haven't seen an update.
      Since merry melee modes are implemented as paid and competitive content, some level of balancing should be there. Do you really think that testing is not a part of the development cycle? Currently MM playtesting is done only by the playerbase, and we even pay cash for it. I see you don't mind it, but I do.
      I'm not sure, I thought they did. In any case they should obviously retroactively do this if they haven't already.

I'm not sure what paid and competitive has to do with anything. Did you actually play Corinth? It's a complete RNG fest anyway. Testing offbeat modes like these should be a community thing not a thing for a small indy company to do themselves. Let them test serious modes like standard constructed and leave the non-serious stuff to work itself out through the community.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • omoreindakitchen wrote:

cainhu wrote:

Transience wrote:

That has nothing to do with development. And balance is certainly not a goal of any merry melee mode. But didn't they already ban the problem cards? I think so, so what is the problem?
      They did, but only announced it via twitter.
      I may be weird, but all info should be avalible on official site rather than some random twatter.
    • Morwath wrote:

omoreindakitchen wrote:

cainhu wrote:

Transience wrote:

I may be weird, but all info should be avalible on official site rather than some random twatter.
      You are not and it should...
    • Transience wrote:

cainhu wrote:

Transience wrote:

Did they? I haven't seen an update.Since merry melee modes are implemented as paid and competitive content, some level of balancing should be there. Do you really think that testing is not a part of the development cycle? Currently MM playtesting is done only by the playerbase, and we even pay cash for it. I see you don't mind it, but I do.
      I'm not sure, I thought they did. In any case they should obviously retroactively do this if they haven't already.
      I'm not sure what paid and competitive has to do with anything. Did you actually play Corinth? It's a complete RNG fest anyway. Testing offbeat modes like these should be a community thing not a thing for a small indy company to do themselves. Let them test serious modes like standard constructed and leave the non-serious stuff to work itself out through the community.
      If they want the community to test RNG nonsense modes they shouldn't charge us money to do so.
    • Transience wrote:

Are you trolling me?

So you announced that they solved the issue, without knowing if they really did... should I take your comments serious? It seesm they did anyway, just forget their own rules about patches, and only announced it on twitter. Sounds really professional.

Yes I played Corinth, actually the MM mode I enjoyed the most so far. Since it's a paid mode the burden of testing should be on the devs/testing team, or should at least announced as a mode in beta. Or I guess you are ok if your car don't start, or the brakes don't work, as they obviously don't have to do any QA/testing in the factory. I understand whiteknighting something you love, but this sounds completely unreasonable.

If it WASN'T a paid mode then it would be different. If it's free and non-competitive than even game breaking things are OK, as it won't have a negative effect on the player.
    • Morwath wrote:

omoreindakitchen wrote:

cainhu wrote:

Transience wrote:

I would prefer ingame over that, but in general it should improve. Like displaý cool graphical news in the game I would even consider a shiny popup when you fire up the game with everything thats new from bugfixes to major patches.
    • Rendakor wrote:

Transience wrote:

cainhu wrote:

Transience wrote:

Did they? I haven't seen an update.Since merry melee modes are implemented as paid and competitive content, some level of balancing should be there. Do you really think that testing is not a part of the development cycle? Currently MM playtesting is done only by the playerbase, and we even pay cash for it. I see you don't mind it, but I do.
      I'm not sure, I thought they did. In any case they should obviously retroactively do this if they haven't already.I'm not sure what paid and competitive has to do with anything. Did you actually play Corinth? It's a complete RNG fest anyway. Testing offbeat modes like these should be a community thing not a thing for a small indy company to do themselves. Let them test serious modes like standard constructed and leave the non-serious stuff to work itself out through the community.
      If they want the community to test RNG nonsense modes they shouldn't charge us money to do so.
      I don't really agree i think its fine to charge for stuff that is a trial as long as you say it is. But MM in general should not be competitive i don't want to stress this more it is about fun it is about cool casual fun!
    • Rendakor wrote:

This is their not so subtle way to suck currency out of the economy and I am surprised how soon the sleeves appear to drop as this is the carrot on the stick that many people play the mode for. Here's hoping all these modes are purchasable for a one time fee or even better, free to help with player retention. Is it just me or would all these modes bundled into the VIP system be a great way to generate steady income?
    • Utremeld wrote:

Fred wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

NicoSharp wrote:

Let’s fight to 6!
      If there is a 6th year post then I will livestream going on the streets, apologizing to everyone I can find about my woeful assessment of this company's standing and how much I underestimated Cory Jones' ability to manage a company, budget, and meet consumer expectations.
      And I will be there to remind you of this post.
      [Blocked Image: http://www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Challenge-accepted-W630.jpg]
      I over estimated but still.