Vampire Prince and cards that increase number of cards buried.

• Vampire Prince and cards that increase number of cards buried.

Quite the important bug. If you have Vampire Prince hit your opponent while Fever Bloom and/or Nameless Husher is in play (both increase the buried cards from other effects) if just one card from those buried is a resource, ALL of the buried cards become Bloodstone. Seen in Siege, unknown if it affects other formats.

Example: Vampire Prince hits the opponent while 1x Nameless Husher are in play and 2x Fever Bloom. 5 cards are buried. One is a resource. All 5 cards are transformed into Bloodstone and come to your hand.

If HXE can pull replays of sieges, it happened when I (Vroengard) attacked Nicosharp's Keep Defence with a B/S bury deck.
    • If you read Vampire Prince closely, this doesn't look like a bug. The condition is "If you buried a resource this way." Nowhere on the card does it actually suggest that it only transforms resources into bloodstones, just that it only transforms the buried card(s) into a bloodstone if you buried a resource. If you buried a resource and several non-resources, you still buried a resource.
    • Steric wrote:

If you read Vampire Prince closely, this doesn't look like a bug. The condition is "If you buried a resource this way." Nowhere on the card does it actually suggest that it only transforms resources into bloodstones, just that it only transforms the buried card(s) into a bloodstone if you buried a resource. If you buried a resource and several non-resources, you still buried a resource.
      I love this guy. :) :thumbsup:
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • I would wager it's almost certain they didn't anticipate cards that increased the number of cards buried by effects when Vampire Prince was put together; I would expect this will be a case similar to Grave Nibbler where the wording is tweaked to cover plural cards in the event of multiples before it is otherwise left as it currently functions.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Steric wrote:

card(s)
      That's the problem though, isn't it? I'd understand it if it said "card(s)". My gut feeling is that it should check each card independently. Can we get a ruling?
      Cards don't need to have descriptions to accommodate for interactions with others, else text space would be unnecessarily bogged down. Not only that, but the vampire predates the modifiers by two sets. Even altering the text retroactively doesn't make any sense to anybody (i.e. new players) who read a card that buries a single card refer to the possibility of burying multiple cards. The interaction makes sense given the text, since the vampire doesn't specify that the transform only applies to resources even if that is the usual practical effect. I don't think a change of any sort is justifiable here, since HXE isn't obligated to list corner-case interactions in the text of every card.