Next On The Agenda: Crafting?

• Next On The Agenda: Crafting?

Hex seems to be in a very good place right now, with the recent changes to ladder, siege, etc. I feel like with the adherence to releasing a new PVP set roughly every 4months, and the slow PVE content progress, that crafting would give the most bang for their buck as far as giving everyone rewarding reasons to play whatever mode they like,(in particular PVEers playing campaign) and help trade to thrive.

So I'll elaborate on the kinds of crafting I would like to see and that I think would be good, in possible order of implementation.

#1 Basic crafting; destroy X cards of a given rarity, get a random card of said rarity.(equipment too ideally) I mean there are many different numbers or variation to this,but the basic idea is just: destroy cards, and gamble for better cards. It allowed people who want to burn worthless cards, or farm worthless cards and get a chance at actual worth, while lessening the glutted economy of some cards. It also promotes trading with people who would rather play less, or focus their time on certain things while buying cards they want.

#2 Special (Limited Time? Rotating?)Recipes; These would be special recipes that would incentivize people to destroy certain cards. Maybe something is too valuable or not valuable enough...I don't know how economics works, but surely things could be manipulated for the greater good, right? :)

#3 Take a page from ARPGs; Consumables,working off of the principle of blessings, with random prefixes,and/or suffixes. So, zero cost cards with "when you play this draw a card" and 1 or 2 random bonuses rolled from a table upon creation. So the details would be balanced by...balancing people...but basically you could add some number of these to an existing deck(in PVE, unless they wanted to make some new wild PVP mode that encouraged and allowed consumables, but I don't think that sounds like something that would be done) and they would last for one dungeon, or one FRA, or some number of matches. Examples include:gain 1/0, 0/1, or 1/1...Conscript a xxxx...troops you control get+1/+1...summon a xxxx(determined randomly upon creation)...gain xx life...Target opposing champion discards a card, etc, etc. So this would ideally work well along with new, extra hard content, or co-op/raids etc., but I think it could be useful even now allowing some people who are starting off to farm campaign and get stuff to give them a chance in clearing harder dungeons or FRA.

#4 Bonus!; Let's get stardust and packs involved in crafting recipes! Burn them all!

I know that in the past they said they wanted to release crafting at the same time as Adventure Zone 3,keeps, etc. But I think that it might be a good time to changecourse slightly, and get something basic in place that can be built upon over time.

Please feel free to share your own crafting ideas, or whether or not you think this would be a good path to take in the soonish future.
    • It's amazing to see someone who loves pve still have hope that something pve-related is being worked on.

Good luck. I hope you're right that something pve-related is going to happen...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Velda wrote:

destroy X cards of a given rarity, get a random card of said rarity
      This won't work

1,065 Commons in total (1,062 of them PvP, 628 of them Standard)
      843 Uncommon in total (725 of them PvP, 451 of them Standard)
      895 Rare in total (695 of them PvP, 373 of them Standard)
      236 Legendary in total (166 of them PvP, 89 of them Standard)

Chances for something good is same as encountering Uruunaz/Zakiir.

If you craft RANDOMLY, it's probably better to give them away to other players for free and increase your reputation in order to get discounts :P

It must either be targeted or craft-UP (as in x cards of y rarity give a y+1 rarity result). They can throw Dust in the mix too somewhere.
    • Firstly, I highly doubt they'll implement any sort of crafting for PvP players because "ermahgerd der erconomiez".

Secondly, I doubt they'll be introducing any crafting for PvE anytime soon because PS4 players won't be able to use it

It's a nice thought though
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Crafting is broader than pve. Also I get that keeps are not what most people wanted them to be but it's disingious to call it not pve same with frostring updates.
      Siege is not PVE. Changing one small aspect of a PVP experience to have an AI involved does not magically make it PVE. It's one player (first P in PVP) attacking another player's (second P in PVP) keep.
    • I have this weird idea for crafting, don't know if it's good or bad for HXE. I'll throw it here. It's based on a different game: the Deck exchange.

How this should work? You will get AA Cards / PvE cards / Sleeves / Whatever* in exhange of certain cards of certain conditions.

For example: To get an AA Annihilix, just to say something, build a deck with 40 cards, with 10 different enders (4 of them). Then you'll lose those 40 cards to get a that card. Or to get an Elf sleeve, throw 40 elf cards in the exchange. The possibilities for this kind of exchange are endless, from rare-based decks to race-based, or even sets (throw 40 uncommons from doombringer to get something doombringer related).

This would mean that Hex have full control of the kind of trading they want to set. They could set a highly demanded AA card that costs you actual rare cards, and at the same time provide something to craft for all those commons we have lying there.

* I'm also thinking a lot of having some kind of "begginer pack" that's easy to grind for new players. This is a good place to put it. For example, for 40 common cards, you get a begginer pack. What does it includes? I still don't know very well how to design it, but mostly should give you some cards (10 random standard commons and uncommons, for example) and a one-of that could be a non-tradeable rare, a booster, an evo ticket (with % of drops, of course).

Don't know if this is a good idea, but it should help new players slowly build a collection, while having some chase-items for old ones alike.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • I always assumed the crafting process (if it allowed crafting any PvE card) would have a pretty formulaic process for recycling old cards. Breaking down cards of a given color granted you a common/uncommon/rare/legendary crafting mat of that color, and creating rares would take X rare crafting components of the same color, and maybe some other things like a PvE drop consumable and/or stardust. With such a large assortment of cards (all commons through rares of every set), it'd be hard to do anything more specific. It'd be neat to see legendaries have a more involved recipe, though. Could include things like specific component cards related to the card, equipment for the legendary, special dungeon or raid drops, that sort of thing.

I think having rare crafting drops would be an important part of the loot table for raids, personally. If it's anything less complicated than what I've described above, I don't see why you wouldn't just use Hearthstone's generic dust system.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Vroengard wrote:

Velda wrote:

destroy X cards of a given rarity, get a random card of said rarity
      This won't work

1,065 Commons in total (1,062 of them PvP, 628 of them Standard)
      843 Uncommon in total (725 of them PvP, 451 of them Standard)
      895 Rare in total (695 of them PvP, 373 of them Standard)
      236 Legendary in total (166 of them PvP, 89 of them Standard)

Chances for something good is same as encountering Uruunaz/Zakiir.

If you craft RANDOMLY, it's probably better to give them away to other players for free and increase your reputation in order to get discounts :P

It must either be targeted or craft-UP (as in x cards of y rarity give a y+1 rarity result). They can throw Dust in the mix too somewhere.
      The rarity is fine with me. The basic point would be to make a choice, about whether something is more valuable to keep or to gamble with, and in some cases cards are just valueless, so a tiny chance at something good or amazing is cool. I, at least love randomness and gambling, and I know some other people would too. Your point of view is certainly reasonable though. I just figure having the option there is much better than not having it there. As someone who's played way too much FRA and fought Uruunaz and Zakiir maybe 5+ times, I'm fine with those odds. :) I'm totally onboard with crafting up too. For me it could be either way, or both, because one way or another you can burn cards, and get new stuff.

I have this weird idea for crafting, don't know if it's good or bad for
      HXE. I'll throw it here. It's based on a different game: the Deck
      exchange.

How this should work? You will get AA Cards / PvE cards / Sleeves / Whatever* in exhange of certain cards of certain conditions.

For example: To get an AA Annihilix, just to say something, build a deck
      with 40 cards, with 10 different enders (4 of them). Then you'll lose
      those 40 cards to get a that card. Or to get an Elf sleeve, throw 40 elf
      cards in the exchange. The possibilities for this kind of exchange are
      endless, from rare-based decks to race-based, or even sets (throw 40
      uncommons from doombringer to get something doombringer related).

This would mean that Hex have full control of the kind of trading they
      want to set. They could set a highly demanded AA card that costs you
      actual rare cards, and at the same time provide something to craft for
      all those commons we have lying there.

* I'm also thinking a lot of having some kind of "begginer pack" that's
      easy to grind for new players. This is a good place to put it. For
      example, for 40 common cards, you get a begginer pack. What does it
      includes? I still don't know very well how to design it, but mostly
      should give you some cards (10 random standard commons and uncommons,
      for example) and a one-of that could be a non-tradeable rare, a booster,
      an evo ticket (with % of drops, of course).

Don't know if this is a good idea, but it should help new players slowly
      build a collection, while having some chase-items for old ones alike.
      I think that sounds lovely, and would fit fine under #2.
    • Crafting: YES please!
      Random: NO thx!
      Problem crafting could solve: reduce the cost to play constructed and attract more players.

Simple system: with X cards from a given set and rarity, you can get 1 card from the same set and rarity of your choice.

No more $40 VK, no more $300 deck, those little things that make people scream Pay2Win. Even if this in fact Pay2Play, the bad advertising would be almost the same.
    • KaminOO wrote:

Crafting: YES please!
      Problem crafting could solve: reduce the cost to play constructed and attract more players.

Simple system: with X cards from a given set and rarity, you can get 1 card from the same set and rarity of your choice.

No more $40 VK, no more $300 deck, those little things that make people scream Pay2Win. Even if this in fact Pay2Play, the bad advertising would be almost the same.
      That is literally the only implementation of crafting that is unacceptable
    • KaminOO wrote:

Crafting: YES please!

Terrible idea. Would completely destroy the "T" part of TCG.

Crafting should let you pick what card/equipment/mercenary/etc that you want, but from a list of unique rewards exclusive to crafting.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

KaminOO wrote:

Terrible idea. Would completely destroy the "T" part of TCG.
      Completely? No Sir, il would just reduce the difference between best cards and worse cards to a fixed ratio (the X in the above equation) instead of 1.000 (4000p/4p, assuming 4p would be the real price of garbage legendaries in a liquid bid/ask system).

This is a tradeoff to make constructed more affordable, which is, from my point of view, far more important than preserving the traditional system. (another way could be HexEnt making more balanced cards and avoiding obvious bombs, but I doubt this could solve completely the problem)

For me, such a system would be simple and elegant, but maybe it's just me...
    • KaminOO wrote:

Completely? No Sir, il would just reduce the difference between best cards and worse cards to a fixed ratio (the X in the above equation) instead of 1.000 (4000p/4p, assuming 4p would be the real price of garbage legendaries in a liquid bid/ask system).
      This is a tradeoff to make constructed more affordable, which is, from my point of view, far more important than preserving the traditional system. (another way could be HexEnt making more balanced cards and avoiding obvious bombs, but I doubt this could solve completely the problem)

For me, such a system would be simple and elegant, but maybe it's just me...
      It would homogenize prices of cards, meaning there's no reason to even have trading. So yes, "completely" fits.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

It would homogenize prices of cards, meaning there's no reason to even have trading. So yes, "completely" fits.
      This is an exaggeration to a gross extent. It would only homogenize prices if it was a super low value for 'x'.

Not saying I agree with the idea overall, but you're overreacting here. If I could trade 10000 rares for any other rare in the game, it would have literally ZERO impact on prices, because it wouldn't be worth doing ever. If I could trade 2 rares for any other rare in the game, then it would absolutely homogenize prices.

The value for 'x' is what decides how much of an impact it has. And since that value can be chosen from anywhere between 1 and infinity, there is absolutely a way for a system like that to be introduced where it would not homogenize prices but still be useable.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

This is an exaggeration to a gross extent. It would only homogenize prices if it was a super low value for 'x'.
      Not saying I agree with the idea overall, but you're overreacting here. If I could trade 10000 rares for any other rare in the game, it would have literally ZERO impact on prices, because it wouldn't be worth doing ever. If I could trade 2 rares for any other rare in the game, then it would absolutely homogenize prices.

The value for 'x' is what decides how much of an impact it has. And since that value can be chosen from anywhere between 1 and infinity, there is absolutely a way for a system like that to be introduced where it would not homogenize prices but still be useable.
      Sure but there is no fucking point to it if it takes 1000 rares so we are asssuming they wont implement a completely fucking pointless system. Assuming the crafting system has any point it would destroy the trading part if it worked this way.
    • Eraia wrote:

Thx trying to understand.
      I have left the variable X open to start a discussion.

AceBladewing wrote:

Sick... Ok, you don't like the idea. Is it a reason to dismiss it with nonsense?
      For the record, I won't even consider this system WITHOUT trading.

It's just a way to change the balance to reduce the card prices variance.
      Maybe you don't see the current balance is totally arbitrary and fixed by the rarity system chosen by Hexent?

The true questions are :
      1) which balance is healthier for the game?
      2) how to implement it in a simple and elegant way?

This is my proposal. Craft anything except AA + trade everything in a bid/ask system (fix AH too).
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Sure but there is no fucking point to it if it takes 1000 rares so we are asssuming they wont implement a completely fucking pointless system. Assuming the crafting system has any point it would destroy the trading part if it worked this way.
      Ah so it has to be one extreme or the other? Well, I guess there's nowhere between 2 and 10000 then. Just those two numbers. Sorry I was wrong guys. It's broken, since only 2 and 10000 exist as possible values for x.