*Suggestion* - Humble "Kickstarter".

• *Suggestion* - Humble "Kickstarter".

Hello,

A lot of players are leaving these days, and I find that quite disheartening.

Why, blame, and other things are topics for another time.

What can we do about it, is not.

I was thinking if Hex put together a bundle and offered it to Humble Bundle as a part of one of their bundles, to try and get an influx of new players into the game.

Offer
      • A (budget) constructed deck capable of competing on the ladder, I'm thinking candles.
      • A few limited vouchers (evo sealed and draft).
      • Some Alternate Art cards to introduce them to the Auction House, and the joy of collecting.
      • Perhaps even a semi-solid mercenary with deck to try out the campaign.
      • Unique sleeves, because of course.
      • Accidental Knight (eBook)
      • PVE Packs
      Could be more than one tier.

I dont know, I just wish more things we being done wot try and get eyes on the game.

<3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Enyeez ().

• Morwath wrote:

Enyeez wrote:

Morwath wrote:

Enyeez wrote:

• A (budget) constructed deck capable of competing on the ladder, I'm thinking candles.

...but we just got Signature decks.
      Players just introduced to the game will most likely not be willing to spend 2500p to get something like that.
      Uh? It's product designed for -new- players introduced to the game willing to play Standard.
      That doesn't necessarily mean that it is working, or that the design was any good.

The suggestion was to try and get an influx of new players into hex, and give them the tools needed to try out most aspects of the game at a free or very cheap entry fee.

None of the above things would cost anything outside of man-hours to the developers, and it could potentially get a lot more people looking at the game.

And what options are there to players who don't know that they want to play standard yet?
    • Humble Bundle from what I've seen has pretty high standards. Everything that is in their monthly bundle has Positive or Very Positive in their steam reviews, while Hex currently is sitting on Mostly Negative(23% positive). They do sometimes have games will lesser ratings in their non monthly bundles, but I don't ever recall a game with Mostly Negative being included.
    • Also, I don't think we need a bunch of new players. The game needs to organize it's new player orientation to help retain new players. We've already had Steam release AND PS4 release, and neither of those influxes of players turned things around. Before they seek a new audience, they need to look at their player retention and do something about that.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Arcanis wrote:

Humble Bundle from what I've seen has pretty high standards. Everything that is in their monthly bundle has Positive or Very Positive in their steam reviews, while Hex currently is sitting on Mostly Negative(23% positive). They do sometimes have games will lesser ratings in their non monthly bundles, but I don't ever recall a game with Mostly Negative being included.
      To be fair its Mixed, Mostly Negative is recent reviews.
    • Obsidian wrote:

Also, I don't think we need a bunch of new players. The game needs to organize it's new player orientation to help retain new players. We've already had Steam release AND PS4 release, and neither of those influxes of players turned things around. Before they seek a new audience, they need to look at their player retention and do something about that.
      This.

But honestly, even after the disastrous Steam release, and less then stellar PS4 release they STILL don't think that player retention / new player experience should be a priority. Instead they are working on the tablet release (and someone also mentioned XBOX). So keep repeating which didn't worked before...

Enyeez wrote:

Some Alternate Art cards to introduce them to the Auction House, and the joy of collecting.
      The current AH mentioned in the same sentence as "the joy of collecting" should warrant the /sarcasm tag.

But honestly, a Humble Bundle inclusion should only be considered AFTER HEX has a way to keep those players.
    • I like the Humble Bundle idea a lot. Maybe it's not the greatest time to do it now, but in the future it might work well.
      As far as we know, HXE are working on a new tutorial, maybe some more things, so hopefully HEX will become more attractive and friendly for newcomers and will retain them for a long time.
      HEX gets a very strong opponent these days (MTGA), so it needs to do lots of smart stuff to survive and succeed.
      [BLOOD] [WILD] [DIAMOND] [SAPPHIRE] [RUBY]
    • I've never seen the numbers, but it seems like the game is STARVING for players. That's not to say it's not, or won't remain profitable, but greater cash infusion may help HXE get the game to where we all wish it would be. The PvP side is functional, mostly just needing a rework of AH and trading. PvE on the other hand will benefit from that as well, but needs so much more. Lord knows they need to bring in an outsider to improve the AI. We still need raids, crafting, the rest of the campaign, a sandbox mode that isn't torturous, a couple other classes, a new Chark Mart pack, as well as whatever else I didn't think of offhand.

I'm all for anything that accomplishes that litany of goals. New (paying) players seems like the fastest route.
    • I waited around an hour and a half on Sunday to get a draft to fire. This was about an hour before the bash, which may have been a reason. However, I never experienced that before at a peak time.

As someone said on a stream, hex seems to punish the new or casual player. It seems more focused on taking away rewards rather than benefit the person that loses.
    • It’s cute that we keep trying...
      But really, think about it...
      The level of effort to:
      change VIP to be meaningful again
      Have casual formats that welcome new players
      Encourage people to explore the pve sandbox

Are all very low.

If they won’t fix those things, why would they waste effort on a humble bundle package.

Let them wear the big boy pants now. We have all tried and want to see things go positive but it’s not in our hands. It obviously never was.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

Let them wear the big boy pants now. We have all tried and want to see things go positive but it’s not in our hands. It obviously never was.
      Sadly, obviously they don't have their big boy pants. After Cory's last week post, I start to doubt if they have pants at all.

Still, they may do a Humble bundle, since they seem to be open for any idea which can give them at least a few cents. Retention of players after payment is not a concern.