Taking offers on COMPLETE Hex collection

• I can't really say what I want for it (per the PMs I have gotten so far).

As the title says I am taking offers to try and get a sense of what the free market thinks it is worth.

I am not expecting a high % of investment returned, but I ain't giving it away either... :0

So serious offers please.
    • No, it really doesn't.

The problem is that there is no audience for this wholesale. either you have new players, which play standard and won't do anything with a large portion of your collection or you have old players that already have a large portion and don't want to double up.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri
    • SlayerStronghold wrote:

No, it really doesn't.

The problem is that there is no audience for this wholesale. either you have new players, which play standard and won't do anything with a large portion of your collection or you have old players that already have a large portion and don't want to double up.
      Past this - the Hex market is kind of at a bubble right now (always?) when the buylist / on demand sell back value of something is far less than the "retail" price on the AH / third party sites that means this upfront cost is more than it should probably be. This has always been the case since I started playing Hex.

No, it really doesn't.

Sure it does, you jest don't like what it implies.

If I have learned anything from 50 years on this planet and 5 years in this game , it's that there are always people who will buy anything (if it's cheap enuff) or who have more money than sense.

Your points are very logical, but we all have been witness to the downward spiral occuring, and I really didn't expect decent offers.

Was jest a bit surprised no buddy tried to low ball me onnit.

Anyhoo, the whole thing is even more depressing than I expected, Imma gunna try and blank out the OP and forget this experiment ever happened.

No, it really doesn't.

This is not true. Most sellers don't accept or understand the true value of their collection. Sorry but nobodies "1million plat" collection is worth anywhere near $10k. The current state of the game and the fact that Hexprimal/Battleshopper no longer buying collections is a substantial hit to everyones collection value and most sellers choose to ignore reality.
    • Collections are worth what chase cards sell for chase individual. Because those can be moved faster. Moving a collection is work. If people are willing to put the time in just move your Chase cards for cash. You will probably net 4x more going about it that way
    • I bougth 5 collections over the years here is what I learned about from selling a normalt 1M plat collection

1) 60% of then value are unsold after 3 month of listing stuff.
      2) 40% of value got sold in first 3 month but only give around 200,000 plat because I need post with discount to sell 40%

200,000 play = 1000 boosters = 800 $ cash.

So in 2-3 months time after spening mayne 200 hours a 1 mill plat collection can be converted to 800 $.
      Normaly I might split the 800$ 50% / 50% so I would pay 400$ to a seller and the other take 400$ as payment for my 200 hours work listing stuf in AH.

Now the future is so uncetain for HEX so I would max spend 300$ max if would buy a 1 mill plat collection atm.

I only count value of cards - equipment are so hard to sell so I newer bother to list equipment so they are worrhless imo.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opalia ().

• Last collection I bougth (it is 2 months age) it costed 700$ and card value was 1,4M (so 500$ per mill plat).
      It was up for sale for 3 days before I bougth it - Nobody else was willing to pay that much. It was a good collection with almost full playset of all PvP and PvE cards.

This was 2 months ago and trust me price of collections have not gone up siince then...

Sold half the cards value (I hope to convert the platinum I got by selling set 10 boosters for 700$) keep other half of cards to to finish my play sets.

Ofcause I make a profit but it is not much when looking at risk and time I have used.
      I know some people are silly and they pay silly prices but not me.

I got 200k platinum atm so I am not in the marked to buy any collections next many months. It unlikely I ever will be in the marked again unless Cory fix a lot of stuff.
      Same apply to most other players I think.

Ofcause if a players want to get the max value out of his collection he should sell just sell all the expensive cards at HA and convert platinum to boosters and sell boosters for cash.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Opalia ().

• NicoSharp wrote:

Someone has got to degrade value and scare people into selling collections lower than they need to, so the buyer can personally profit. Might as well be you right?

The world is a magical place ;)
      Where there is a dumpster, there is a job.
      and like many other people we will always be challenged to not set said dumpster on fire.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      • Commisioner Pravin Lal - Alpha Centauri