Hex Rpg Group

• Hex Rpg Group

I am planning on Gming a fantasy rpg game set in the hex universe using the Genesys system by Fantasy Flight Games, I am planning on weekly Thursdays games sometime between 3pst and midnight pst for 3-4 hours depending on the schedules of people interested, if interested post a message here or send me a message on discord armies#2029 with the time frame you would be interested in playing at No prior knowledge of the system is needed but some tabletop roleplaying experience is prefered. the games will be hosted on discord so a mic and headphones are required, preferably with minimal background noise.

Currently looking for 4-5 people
    • its possible, but I am not sure people would care about watching it live its not going to be as visual as playing a rpg game on your kitchen table, Unless people want to invest in table top simulator then maybe it can be. something to consider I suppose, I am just glad people like the idea. have a few who have showed some interest but still have slots available claim yours today if you want to be apart of it.
    • Isengard wrote:

its possible, but I am not sure people would care about watching it live its not going to be as visual as playing a rpg game on your kitchen table, Unless people want to invest in table top simulator then maybe it can be. something to consider I suppose, I am just glad people like the idea. have a few who have showed some interest but still have slots available claim yours today if you want to be apart of it.
      Eh, people watch people play RPG live, at least that's what I learnt from Geek and Sundry.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Isengard wrote:

its possible, but I am not sure people would care about watching it live its not going to be as visual as playing a rpg game on your kitchen table, Unless people want to invest in table top simulator then maybe it can be. something to consider I suppose, I am just glad people like the idea. have a few who have showed some interest but still have slots available claim yours today if you want to be apart of it.
      Eh, people watch people play RPG live, at least that's what I learnt from Geek and Sundry.
      People will watch if they're actors or entertaining which most random gatherings of players are not.
    • Utremeld wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Isengard wrote:

People will watch if they're actors or entertaining which most random gatherings of players are not.
      I agree with you. But, I have also personally dug up some "common Joe" playthrough on Youtube. Of course, it's not going get a lot of views but from what I see, people do watch them. Rare but they do.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Isengard wrote:

I agree with you. But, I have also personally dug up some "common Joe" playthrough on Youtube. Of course, it's not going get a lot of views but from what I see, people do watch them. Rare but they do.
      yes I agree there are some shows that are popular, but I doubt we are going to have anything fancy set up for visuals to appeal to the live watching crowd, recording it for a podcast or make a synopsis for the forums might be the way if people are interested
    • Isengard wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Utremeld wrote:

Goliathus wrote:

Isengard wrote:

yes I agree there are some shows that are popular, but I doubt we are going to have anything fancy set up for visuals to appeal to the live watching crowd, recording it for a podcast or make a synopsis for the forums might be the way if people are interested
      Yeah. There are some successful videos of tabletop games, but usually it involves some pretty fancy filming and editing, so streaming a random game is not really a trivial or minor endeavor. And also yes, a lot of successful D&D shows lean heavily on acting skills. For random groups of people, simple audio podcasting is the best method, because it covers up/ignores the lack of interesting visibility and film issues. If you get a good group with some good chemistry, it might be worth recording sessions and hosting them as podcasts, but even then it really depends on the comedic value of the players.

It's a cool idea, but I don't think I'm invested in Entrath heavily enough to choose it for a roleplaying setting.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented