Friday Update Update! 5.25.18

    • Friday Update Update! 5.25.18

      Hey Everyone Happy Friday!

      Thought I would jump in here. I mean with a thread called CORY WATCH, how could I not!? ...I think Nero Jinous is watching a bit to closely... I may need an adult

      So before we get to the update, let me clear something up. We closed a thread about artist payments the other day and we let you know I would be addressing it. That was actually I miscommunication on our side (I was out of the office). We are addressing it with the artist, not the players. Sorry for the confusion. I will address this briefly as it has been brought up… we are a small company and self-publishing is challenging. Unexpected costs can disrupt carefully managed cash flow and create problems. We have fixed the problem and the artist issue has been addressed.

      That said, I want to make it clear—these boards are for discussing the game, community, and gameplay. They are not for discussing the backend business of HEX. I’m sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but there are reasons we need to make this distinction. Occasionally, we discuss that stuff in posts that HEX starts, and at those times we are inviting you to discuss those issues with us, but this is something we will initiate. I know the natural response of a TCG gamer… “but whatabaout…” “well can we….” No. There is no rules lawyering here. We will, at our discretion, delete threads that are not about HEX the game and the constructive building of the game and its community.

      As to the Update!

      Immortal Gauntlet!
      This has been in the works for some time. We wanted to make sure our current partner (Hex Primal) was part of the plan so as not to disenfranchise them. Sometimes this stuff takes a bit longer as we try and manage it with everyone’s needs in mind.

      I am super excited for this. I love playing Immortal, and I love all the crazy decks you guys bring to the format! Plus, I am really happy with the AA cards. The War Machinist looks better with Extended Art though…

      Merry Melee!!

      I think I am liking this one a bit more than “Who’s The Boss.” Don’t get me wrong, playing those crazy decks was hilarious… but the shear RNG madness of this is just so much fun. It’s just about the wackiest formant we have ever had. It is really fun figuring out the flow of RNG formats. It’s clear this is very different from Corinth, and each one brings such an interesting take on the game. I am super happy we put this stuff in. It’s exciting to use our HUGE database of cards used in such a different and fun way. I also need to thank the community for this format suggestion. I got it directly off the forum… so yes, we listen!

      Siege Sack update…

      We will continue to tune the Siege experience. I told you when it first came out that this was a lump of clay we would keep molding until it was right. I warned you this would be a long process, and that it will only get better in small ways until it’s just right. BUT, I don’t want to give up on the concept. We think it has huge potential and we will keep at it. In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying the rewards. I think the new resources are super cool.

      We have some great tournaments coming as always, and the VIP cards look sweet (Emsee is another one that is a bit better extended)

      Also, the shout out to Blackwood for the Pappy Jasper event… amazing! I love it. Thank you very much Blackwood.

      -Cory
    • And now to part 2 where you adress some of the current concerns floating around the forum.

      edit: But I’m very happy to see the Friday Update Update back again!
      Still love you (metaphorical speaking) and the game (a little less metaphorical speaking).

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Gwaelan ().

    • All I want to hear at this point is some info about the direction of the game. PvE still a thing? What actual progress can you show us about it? Is HEX only a paid gauntlet game going forward? This is not what I expected at all. At least I can go to sleep now. It is very late here.
    • Ertzi wrote:

      All I want to hear at this point is some info about the direction of the game. PvE still a thing? What actual progress can you show us about it? Is HEX only a paid gauntlet game going forward? This is not what I expected at all. At least I can go to sleep now. It is very late here.
      PvE is clearly still a thing what a strange question.


      KICK
      STARTER Backer and Proud Member of
      The Unnamed Council
      Twitter
    • I really want to like your post this week Cory.
      I mean the unicorn and rainbow almost crept out of your ass this week.

      But really..

      We are going to need to get in a dialogue with SOMEONE around the incentives to play Siege and Merry Melee.
      Can we have some real talk about what you need to achieve as an incentive for HXE time and resources, from the modes, and how it can be taken in another way to get you to a more successful outcome. (I don't care about backend resources or situations here, just open dialogue of what these modes need to bring you as a business to be considered successful, and make tweaks.)
      PLEASE.

      Thanks for your thoughts, and your time, and I hope you are on the mend from the Flu.
      Best.
    • Alchemy wrote:

      Gwaelan wrote:

      And now to part 2 where you adress some of the current concerns floating around the forum.

      Airtron wrote:

      This doesn't really address ANYTHING that the community is concerned about.
      He did address everything. They are speaking with the artist and seeking resolution. What more do you want?
      -the recent surge of gambling additions to hex

      -communication issues that are present with hexent

      -Future developments for PvE (What are they working on next? Are we going to see az3 or not?)

      There are quite a few others you could find going around the forums, but these are the biggest ones IMO.
    • NicoSharp wrote:

      I really want to like your post this week Cory.
      I mean the unicorn and rainbow almost crept out of your ass this week.

      But really..

      We are going to need to get in a dialogue with SOMEONE around the incentives to play Siege and Merry Melee.
      Can we have some real talk about what you need to achieve from the modes, and how it can be taken in another way to get you to a more successful outcome.
      PLEASE.

      Thanks for your thoughts, and your time, and I hope you are on the mend from the Flu.
      Best.
      Siege is evolving "its a lump of clay" they are listening. The mechanics work its PvE end game and it will be enchanced over time. You want the moon on a stick now ? cant you be happy with the rocket and vision ?


      KICK
      STARTER Backer and Proud Member of
      The Unnamed Council
      Twitter
    • Airtron wrote:

      Alchemy wrote:

      Gwaelan wrote:

      And now to part 2 where you adress some of the current concerns floating around the forum.

      Airtron wrote:

      This doesn't really address ANYTHING that the community is concerned about.
      He did address everything. They are speaking with the artist and seeking resolution. What more do you want?
      -the recent surge of gambling additions to hex
      -communication issues that are present with hexent

      -Future developments for PvE (What are they working on next? Are we going to see az3 or not?)

      There are quite a few others you could find going around the forums, but these are the biggest ones IMO.
      Gambling additions please explain - if being a kid in a sweet shop pick a mix is gambling then fair enough.
      Yes communication could be better but as Cory said very clearly there are parts of the business that for obvious reasons cannot be discussed, this is no different from any other business.
      Yes a roadmap would be good, but it seems clear the plan is to model the clay that is siege. Its a great start and we know they have plans, but they must be balanced with business and other decisions against resource.


      KICK
      STARTER Backer and Proud Member of
      The Unnamed Council
      Twitter
    • I understand the back office subject locks. That won't stop the subject from being talked about. It will drive those comments into forums you may not see and cant control.

      I hope your recovery from the flu is rapid with minimal impact on the office. The flu bug is hard to squash when it gets rolling.

      I am going back under a rock for a bit while things progress on the domicile. Peace.
    • Treasure wrote:

      Well sorry that was not good enough for me nothing got taken care of or even explained and now it's a communication error. Sorry won't wait or trust in you anymore till i hear you changed your ways to communicate better. Lost costumer it is.
      Oh come on in a fast evolving situation with many members of a team involved is it really that hard to imagine. Someone says let them know we will udpate today and put out the fire, and that is misinterpreted as tell the playing community. Stop trying to find drama where is doesn't exist, go eat your popcorn somewhere else.


      KICK
      STARTER Backer and Proud Member of
      The Unnamed Council
      Twitter
    • Mokog wrote:

      I understand the back office subject locks. That won't stop the subject from being talked about. It will drive those comments into forums you may not see and cant control.

      I hope your recovery from the flu is rapid with minimal impact on the office. The flu bug is hard to squash when it gets rolling.

      I am going back under a rock for a bit while things progress on the domicile. Peace.
      Thats crazy you really expect all business to be open and transparent about their intellectual property and market position. Go study economics and business management.


      KICK
      STARTER Backer and Proud Member of
      The Unnamed Council
      Twitter
    • Occasionally, we discuss that stuff in posts that HEX starts, and at those times we are inviting you to discuss those issues with us, but this is something we will initiate. I know the natural response of a TCG gamer… “but whatabaout…” “well can we….” No. There is no rules lawyering here. We will, at our discretion, delete threads that are not about HEX the game and the constructive building of the game and its community.

      ^
      Know what? That's the problem. The issues of lack of communication lately, the problems of the community, the problems of our absolute frustration, that's what is the damn source of the situation in the first place. You can't say that you're deleting stuff that's not about the community, when it was.
      You are either clear to your -customers- or you're not worth spending money on. This, as you said, is not open to rules lawyering on YOUR part. You are not the one who is paying us, it's the other way around, and from the way you said it, I'm starting to understand you think we are in some way obligated to kneel down and listen like some dumb bunch of sheep...

      I'm tired of it, really, as a customer, I was expecting something else. You can hate me if you want, and you may feel offended, but trust me if I say that right now, so am I.

      I won't be spending another dime if you keep this up, I do hope you would actually take this to heart, but I learned to know better by now, unfortunately.
    • Alchemy wrote:

      Airtron wrote:

      Alchemy wrote:

      Gwaelan wrote:

      And now to part 2 where you adress some of the current concerns floating around the forum.

      Airtron wrote:

      This doesn't really address ANYTHING that the community is concerned about.
      He did address everything. They are speaking with the artist and seeking resolution. What more do you want?
      -the recent surge of gambling additions to hex-communication issues that are present with hexent

      -Future developments for PvE (What are they working on next? Are we going to see az3 or not?)

      There are quite a few others you could find going around the forums, but these are the biggest ones IMO.
      Gambling additions please explain - if being a kid in a sweet shop pick a mix is gambling then fair enough.Yes communication could be better but as Cory said very clearly there are parts of the business that for obvious reasons cannot be discussed, this is no different from any other business.
      Yes a roadmap would be good, but it seems clear the plan is to model the clay that is siege. Its a great start and we know they have plans, but they must be balanced with business and other decisions against resource.
      1. Siege (gotta pony up to enter, better hope that AI doesn't get the god hand or you don't get a bad matchup, recent changes amplify gambling levels), DB sleeves(Want a sleeve? Gotta gamble away your currencies if you want to get them), merry melee(with the amount of rng and a plat entry it pretty much becomes gambling)

      2. They do not need to communicate backend business things to us, but they are failing at the basic level. Hell, there are 2 examples today:

      1. The 1st VIP today went off with new AAs before it was even announced that there would be new AAs.
      2. The Cory update was for the artists, not us.

      3. There have been many 'plans' that upped and vanished to us before. Remember that blood primal dungeon Cory talked about last year? Where did that go? Double backs, the rest of the unfinished kickstarter promises undone. We need something concrete.