Immortal Constructed Gauntlent Celebration Giveaway

• Ten out of ten my favorite card in the Immortal format is Infernal Professor.

I'd love to play as Yotul in a action-based burn deck and cast Infernal Professor, hit Pyretic Performer (which empowers to a 6/2 create 2 scorches) and play Pyretic for 2, then pop Yotul and play out two scorches (four damage), which equals three actions so I could dump any Phoenixes in hand. One card (Infernal Professor) that allows me to play up to 4-6 cards in a turn in sequence.

Infernal Professor was also nasty if it hit Concuss which then could be played for free dealing three face damage (with Yotul) and forcing discard 2.

Infernal Professor hitting a Phoenix means you only need 1 more action that turn to free the Phoenix--sometimes you even go Infernal Professor into Infernal Professor into Phoenix for free.

There's just something about the feel of Infernal Professor when you start chain-casting cards while filtering through your deck looking for the big Phoenix/Empower pay-off...it just feels Infernal.

I still keep that decklist in my archives for when more B/R cards are printed which could fuel the Infernal Professor fire.
    • My go to has to be chronic madness. Not only does it satisfy my never ending hunger to bury my opponents to death it also has the keyword on it that really sold me into Hex all those years a go. Escalation was a game changer in my eyes. Not only did it show that card text could change and be permanent for the rest of the game. It showed cards in the deck could be changed and it showed that right out the gate hex wasn't messing around when they said they wanted to explore the digital space. Not only did I know every time my opponent saw chronic madness they died a little I knew every single time I played it again and again it was going to come back even stronger and just torment the crap out of my opponent. There was nothing more satisfying then drawing that escalated chronic madness and seeing those green numbers were bigger now then your opponents deck total. It's a shame that chronic madness will never be in my tier 1 standard deck. But I know the day I have created that their 1 standard bury monstrosity it will be because of my love for cards like chronic madness that made me love the bury archetype. :thumbup:
    • I think my favorite and most memorable Immortal Card has to be Vampire King. Not only has it been insanely strong, I also loved the art and mechanic. When I was a new player starting with set 3 this has always been a chase card for me. I remember dreaming of one day piloting a Tier 1 [BLOOD] [DIAMOND] Deck. His price tag always kept me away from getting one on the Auction House tho. Then one day when randomly buying some set 1 packs my first Primal procced and boom:
      [Blocked Image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/269463939049161247/8A6DB5A137D4B41E1102B4A6E8571625BD4EABD0/]
      This pack ruined me to the point that I always want to crack them open instead of selling them. I'll never forget the excitement I felt when I saw that screen. It was at this moment that my dream came a whole lot closer.

Honorable mention to Bastardspawn of Bokrug because I love what it does but never found a valid deck for him.
    • Favorite card weirdly enough heroic outlaw. Never before has a card had me pondering lines of play in a game I participated in like that card.

I mean look that is just a glorious way to lose. I so wish i had a full replay of that game so i could tell if i could have played it better. I bet there was a lot of things to learn from that one game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Wolzarg ().

• Ferur wrote:

I love sliver of the immortal spear. Playing fog with sliver, lullaby and yesterday was the most fun i've ever had in hex. Who doesn't want to deal 5000 damage to the face after bouncing the enemy board a million times??!
      I beat immortal spear activation once in set 1 draft I have never been so pleased with my sideboard choices ever again.
    • My favorite card was good old Reginald Lancashire. There's just something about "destroying" a player that feels powerful and wrong. Plus he lets me draw cards and I love drawing cards! He just has that fantasy/Princess Bride vibe going for him. You can almost picture him search the tower (opponent's deck) for whoever he is looking for and telling them to "prepare to die". I had a lot of fun pairing it with mill and more card draw to help Reggie accomplish his goal.

My greatest Hex moment was probably pulling a Terrorantula off of the top of my opponent's deck the turn that his [Vampire King] was going to kill me. I was able to recover and ended up in the Top 8 of that Sapphire Cup. The best part is that I wasn't playing Phenteo the Brood Priest in my deck. I had killed one of the opponent's Phenteo the Brood Priests and had brought him back with Uruunaz. He was able to get 1-2 Terrorantulas into the opponent's deck before he was killed and I had forgotten that they were even in his deck.
    • I immediately had to think of Reese the Crustcrawler.
      That was one of the chase cards when I started playing Hex, my first TCG, and I really liked the card. I also remember being amazed by how expensive a copy was.
      And when I finally did get a copy, I found out you kinda wanted to have 4 copies ;-)
      120 bucks for one (playset of a) card seemed ludicrous to me until I got more into the game and decided to go and buy those elusive crawlers, what a moment that was.. My own playset of one of the ‘best’ cards! of course a month later the meta had changed and Reeses have been in decline ever since, but having access to them was so great and made me fall in love with the concept of owning trading cards. So here’s to Reese!
    • My favorite Immortal card has to be High Infinitrix. When Shift was released it wasn't really that pushed, except for this card. Paired with either Rune Ear Hierophant or Lixil the Deathless Gem it gave you the ability to build a Voltron-style finisher. If they somehow managed to kill your big Rune Ear, Rutherford Banks brought it back.
    • My favorite card is not a card that I love because of its playability, but rather how it plays and how it adds to the feel of the troop's role in the world itself. One of the most fantastic things about early Hex card design is how top down it was in all the right ways. The cards were designed with the world in mind to an insane decree with wonderful mechanics such as the spider people who put eggs into the corpses of their victims to hatch reflected in how they fill the opponent's deck with eggs, or how the human troops had inspire which really showed how they learned from one another and formed communities based on sharing knowledge and experiences with one another.

And then there is my favorite card, Concubunny. It is simple, it is elegant, and it shows off exactly what a Concubunny does in the Shin'hare community and how the Shin'hare operate. Never have I seen a card so in your face about the lore (it taps itself and another shin'hare and out comes a new shin'hare ready to be a chump blocker or sacrifice). These kind of cards are so beautiful because they show off the world and the society which paints the game in very vivid colors and makes us care about the game world itself as we as players are the leaders of said communities when we fight. When I play a Concubunny and have her do R rated stuff with that Blossoming Concubunny I am increasing the numbers of my army by creating new bunnies to the world.

The fact why I choose Concubunny and the Shin'hare over the other options I had is simply because they fight just like a rabbit likely would fight during a war at the same time as they managed to base it on a real life culture to a certain degree. It is such an elegant way to paint the world, and Concubunny is likely the very best card highlighting this marvelous top down design that truly flourished in the early sets of Hex, and that still to this day influences how cards are being designed, not purely around balance but also flavor.

This is the kind of design that truly makes me smile and feel inspired, and what makes spoiler seasons fun and interesting to follow.
    • My favorite card was Reginald Lancashire.
      It was the first Legendary in my first ever HEX booster pack in old good 2013-th (early closed beta).
      Holy shit, time is passing by so quickly!

I remember how I've put some money into the game, bought a booster pack for 200 plat, got Reggie, and then sold him on the AH for 210 plat. I was like: "wow! I can go infinite in this game, it's incredible!" Ha-ha, of course in my next pack I got a crappy rare, but still I was intrigued by the game.

It may sound weird or funny, but i've felt ache in my stomach, like people feel when they fall in love with someone. And the design of Reginald Lancashire card was one of the reasons for that. I've figured out that HEX was miles ahead of any other digital CCG existing at that time. Almost infinite possibilities, very cool art, tournaments and huge ammount of promised features - all of that made me so passionate about this game.

And even though I don't play much these days, I'm still here. After 5 freaking years.
      Thanks, HXE. Thanks, Reggie.
      [BLOOD] [WILD] [DIAMOND] [SAPPHIRE] [RUBY]
    • My favourite card in set 1 to set 4 would be between two cards, Filk Ape and Myrm, Empress of the Crypt.
      I think for now I'll go with Myrm, Empress of the Crypt. The reason why is because I like to play with big troops with powerful abilities. I'm a huge fan of ramp because of it. I had fun times when I executed combos. Those were the fun days for me just playing casually like I just don't care having fun with wins or lots of losses. :D Still enjoying myself to this day. :thumbsup:
    • My favorite Immortal card is Thunderfield Seer. The card is so innocuous as a "simple" 1 cost 1/1, but boy does this fox put in a ton of work. Effectively, this is a 1 cost 1/1 that importantly draws a card thanks to its prophecy ability. Starting with the brilliantly elegant design of the prophecy ability, it often draws a card but is delayed. However, when paired with cards like Combat Training or Light Em Up, ways to reuse actions like Winter Moon, or simply escalate cards like Ragefire, its single draw can happen multiple times. Also, Thunderfield Elder lets you double dip on the card draw and Seer helps enable Starcaller Ancient to do silly things/

As a "free" (read: doesn't cost a card) 1/1, Thunderfield Seer helps combat aggressive troops like Boltspasm, Escape Goat, and Righteous Outlaw, helps mobilize Consult the Talon and Typhoon Skyshaper, wears "pants" like Combat Training and Seeing Red, helps fuel scrounge for Blamsmith, and used to provide assault for Lazgar's Vengeance. This little 1/1 does so much work, he deserves to be payed overtime!
    • I see lots of people picking the strongest cards, the rarest cards, something really neat they pulled out of a pack once, something that has one or several nasty, potent combos.

However... my favorite card has no flashy special abilities, no terribly broken stats, and indeed it is fated to die in every match; an inevitable doom, like the cruel march of time whose sturdy boots inexorably wear down all that draw breath and many that don't.

I speak, of course, of the Savage Raider.

Many a Raider has spilled their hot Ruby blood upon the fields of battle, many of them slain before they have the slightest chance at sating their all-consuming bloodlust. Those that survive their summoning strike, and strike, and strike again, oh-so-vulnerable to the slightest tap of the enemy's countermeasures, until a sacrificial pawn or a leering Swiftstriker or a rippling bolt of fire claim them in the name of their dastardly overlord (watching from on high across the mighty plateau for which they so bitterly contest.)

Oh, the Savage Raider may find some support from their brothers-and-sisters-at-arms; a Throat Cutter might lurk in the shaded corners to inspire dread and sadistic impulses, urging the Raider ever onward with heightened ferocity and vim. Their assault might be bolstered by the speedy intervention of a heavily armed Brutal Bonecracker, swaying the foe's forces to prioritize the greater threat. Those chosen few, worthy of serving the exalted warlord Zoltog, may find that their aggression is rewarded with a ceaseless wave of reinforcements in kind, until the enemy is overrun and their defenders break ranks and flee, or die to the Raider's axe.

In the end, a Raider's place is to die for their Champion; a glorious warrior's death to be sure, but... death, nonetheless. None mourn the passing of a lone Raider, ultimately a bit-player in the greater struggles of Hex. But... I remember your sacrifice, brave Raiders. Even as I send you to your deaths in droves, I remember the furious light in your eyes as you charge into battle, spittle flecking your lips, knuckles pale around the haft of your notched and bloodstained axe. And as I benefit from your slaughter, I drink to your name.

Savage Raider, I most sincerely assure you; you have not died in vain.
      Meh~
    • The first time I saw Rune Ear Hierophant, I knew I was in love. I thought "How could they print such a powerful rabbit with a straight face" and to this day I still think that. Since he has come out, I have played standard or immortal with him in it. From Rocket Rabbit giving Rune Ear flight to take to the skies to make rhinos, to an annoying Spellshield troop in control Winter Moon, to the powerful speed resource generator in Kagu, to a damage machine in Elk, and any immortal deck that even sniffs Wild. I even took to Thrawn's Dungeon Masters of Entrath and destroyed the Time Tower with the true Shin'Hare emperor. Many cards have come close in my heart to being on par with Rune Ear, but Bride, nor Mightsinger, nor Violet, nor Glimmer Goose had what it took to unseat the king.

I loved Rune Ear so much that I asked my good artist friend Dr. Dan to do what he could to make me look like Rune Ear. In doing so he created the single best piece of art I have ever seen and I use as my icon here and everywhere else: The Rune Ear Duckophant. It is the closest thing I fear I will ever see to a Duck in game (because Hex Ent has a crusade against the Duck people and are allied with the tyrannical Glimmer Goose empire...).

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/X9i8NHe.jpg]

Long live Rune Ear and long live the Duck Rebellion.
    • Ducklett wrote:

The first time I saw Rune Ear Hierophant, I knew I was in love. I thought "How could they print such a powerful rabbit with a straight face" and to this day I still think that. Since he has come out, I have played standard or immortal with him in it. From Rocket Rabbit giving Rune Ear flight to take to the skies to make rhinos, to an annoying Spellshield troop in control Winter Moon, to the powerful speed resource generator in Kagu, to a damage machine in Elk, and any immortal deck that even sniffs Wild. I even took to Thrawn's Dungeon Masters of Entrath and destroyed the Time Tower with the true Shin'Hare emperor. Many cards have come close in my heart to being on par with Rune Ear, but Bride, nor Mightsinger, nor Violet, nor Glimmer Goose had what it took to unseat the king.

I loved Rune Ear so much that I asked my good artist friend Dr. Dan to do what he could to make me look like Rune Ear. In doing so he created the single best piece of art I have ever seen and I use as my icon here and everywhere else: The Rune Ear Duckophant. It is the closest thing I fear I will ever see to a Duck in game (because Hex Ent has a crusade against the Duck people and are allied with the tyrannical Glimmer Goose empire...).

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/X9i8NHe.jpg]

Long live Rune Ear and long live the Duck Rebellion.
      The vennen empire agrees with your plight far too few ducks in entrath. Please come over for a nice dinner with us XOXO

[Blocked Image: https://www.lakegenevacountrymeats.com/wp-content/uploads/roast-duck-e1512331672534-960x540.jpg]
    • My pet immortal card is Xentoth's Inquisitor. Memories of it being 3-cost with the Major Ruby gem that would deal damage equal to its ATK to a random opposing troop notwithstanding, recurring threats are my jam, and for a time Xentoth's Inquisitor was a threat to be reckoned.
      I will take responsibility for what I have done,” Dalinar whispered. “If I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.”
    • Rune Ear Hierophant!

This card is just simply awesome. I've always loved versatile creatures in MtG and especially green ones. The Hierophant is basically the epitome of versatility. It has bear stats when it enters play and then it gives you 3 bonuses. +1/+1 for every troop you play after it, which is in itself either a line of play you actually pursue (with Dreadlings for instance) or just as a means of protection and maybe a wincon in the endgame. Then on top of that you get to give it two more bonuses that you choose from an evergrowing pool. Spellshield, Rhino-pooping, Resource pool increasing, Troop generation, Intimidation, Etc. Really, everything works with the Bunneh of Hate. This troop is so good that anytime you see it appear on the opposite of the table you'll want to remove it immediately, even if you're unsure yet of how it's going to be used. Bunneh is also the card that first got me to spend money on buying singles. I'd gotten 75% through the campaign with FtP cards and then decided I wanted to expand and I bought two Bunneh's. Never looked back. I love my Bunneh's. I've played the Immortal Championships to get a playset of the strikingly beautiful AA's as well. Best AA artwork in the game if you ask me. I even use it as a wallpaper on my smartphone.

[Blocked Image: https://vgy.me/y5Ucdx.png]

:love:
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."