Friday Update - Zak Attack

• 40% of a cool sleeve, too. And it's $2. It's cheap enough that the hour or so of games one entry gets you is pretty minimal.
      Still no reason not to be free, but I at least find the price point acceptable to try out.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • 3 out of 6 cards unusable. Can we get a ban list for cards that have near NIL possibility of being useful? So far I dislike this mode more than Who's the Boss.

Like literally my next draw was Tales of Destiny. It can not be used for anything but discard. (Okay, technically I could draw Slash and Dash or whatever it is called or conscript a legendary troop, then use Moon Song or use Ruthless Destiny and randomly make the 1 cost totem that shuffles my crypt. After that I could use the eye of creation or runic card in my hand to hopefully draw it and take another turn. Likely hood of all those happening, near NIL)
      Images
      • unusable.JPG

208.07 kB, 1,602×929, viewed 42 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Swigmonkey ().

• I'm quite sure they will go to lengths to give you your ban list, before they make it casual free and fun, and just pocket the cash on the sleeves/etc..

At some point they will have to keep tally of the administrative time it takes to try and make changes pretending these are competitive formats.... since they want to sell it to us that way.

I'd really like to get people into the game. This would be a really easy sell...
      It's just one thing...
      Oh yeah, greed.
    • Nice update!

I like the new Merry Melee mode very much, as others, I might play that even after getting the sleeve.

I dont play much constructed, even less immortal, but I think its important to have a constructed gauntlet available.

Btw, take that as a promise: If I see someday an update post with 4 pages filled with only positive feedback from diffrent users, will be sending 1 pack to the 50 first posters in that thread. ;)
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

Pretty please can we get a text import in the deck editor at some point in the near future? Will make trying lots of Immortal decks much faster and easier :)
      I don't think they can do this yet due to each card being individually linked due to the idea of double backs. Like you, this is one of the dumbest things that should of been launched with. Oh I want to try this deck that Jeff, Ali, or another featured article/streamer posted on the home page. Click link on article, download file and play deck.
    • For the record, Emsee AA appears in Collection but can't be attached in mail (and I assume can't be sold in AH right now).

Also, I find the Plat entry fee for fun tournaments like Merry Melee should be Gold instead. It doesn't even grant stars for ranking.
      The silent death always comes from behind... so you'd better watch your back!

KS Dungeon Crawler / Pro Player -|- Member of The Unnamed-Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild -|- Known Issues
    • @Dinotropia I have to say you knocked this one into orbit. You solved card draw being dead from my suggestion and you did it great. You also solved spells being the one and only way to win that i tried to solve with pool of wrath which only ended up having people play the creature 90% of the time ruining the point of the mode.

I still think this should be free or buy to play like 1000p/25-50 wins you unlocked a merry minigame "name" in your inventory and can now challenge anyone to this format forever.

But as far as the mode is concerned you not only implemented my favorite format you improved it significantly so thank you greatly guys.

Edit
      Also for the pve crowd any of these that arent already mercs seriously make them mercs make it happen sell them in the store for plat!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wolzarg ().

• Swigmonkey wrote:

I don't think they can do this yet due to each card being individually linked due to the idea of double backs.
      This wouldn't be a big problem, because it doesn't actually matter which copy of a card goes in -- the system can just pick arbitrarily.

If you wanted to get fancy, there could be checkboxes for "prefer AAs/EAs if I have enough copies", but I'd be over the moon if they launched even the lowest-effort, crappiest version of the feature. The tedium of fiddling around with the deckbuilder for 10 minutes per deck is the main reason I don't play Constructed very much.
    • ShadowRealm wrote:

For the record, Emsee AA appears in Collection but can't be attached in mail (and I assume can't be sold in AH right now).
      The only reason I play in these tournaments is to win and sell the AA's with the last few tickets I have, because Hex/Gameforge resubbed me to a year subscription without my consent and would not give me a refund. ( Fortunately, VIP doesn't auto resub anymore I believe. )

So it's pretty frustrating when these and the multiple times collector AA's come out with issues where you can't trade them.
    • Thoom wrote:

Swigmonkey wrote:

I don't think they can do this yet due to each card being individually linked due to the idea of double backs.
      This wouldn't be a big problem, because it doesn't actually matter which copy of a card goes in -- the system can just pick arbitrarily.
      If you wanted to get fancy, there could be checkboxes for "prefer AAs/EAs if I have enough copies", but I'd be over the moon if they launched even the lowest-effort, crappiest version of the feature. The tedium of fiddling around with the deckbuilder for 10 minutes per deck is the main reason I don't play Constructed very much.
      Thoom, I am not sure it is a simple fix. If it was, do you not think it would be in as it has been requested quite often. I believe even Cory stated once that because of the double backs each card is individualized and part of the reason we have six copies of a card and all six are used in decks. I only hope you are correct and it is easy.
    • It ought to be easy, if the database is set up properly. Even if it does still have the data on the individual cards (it does), there's no reason it couldn't be scripted to grab the first X copies of each card named Y in your collection and dump them into your deck. If you don't have X, it puts in as many as you have. I've done this sort of thing in Unity before. It's very doable. The script would just be mimicking the way you click to add cards one by one to your deck, but do it based on the list provided rather than you manually doing it. Once they're all in the deckbuilder, you could then go in by hand and move around any specific cards you wanted (switch to AA if you forgot to, take out EAs if you don't want them, etc.).

Honestly, it's a trivial matter, in the right hands.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well