Friday Update - Zak Attack

• Immortal Gauntlet is G-R-E-A-T. And it's a great way to start to rebuild the link with part of the community. I understand that the fact that you're announcing it it's a direct response to all that we were having these days.

Let's hope this week serves as a new breakpoint, hopefully this will be followed by a Cory's update to also address the other ongoing things we're seeing. It's not great to see this great game in the state we've been living the past weeks, and I'm not talking about server activity (only). We're a small community. I understand that it's not possible to compete with other monsters in the genre, but let's try to don't make it smaller with friendly fire.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Love the Immortal gauntlet. L-O-V-E. And the art in the Immortal Gauntlet promos is...wow.

An Zakiir format looks like fun. And, unlike Who's the boss, there will be no 'lost before even drawing your hand' moments.

On the other hand, it is somewhat odd that VIP cards (which are good and I expect will see play in immortal) rotate out of standard midseason.
      But my words, like silent raindrops fell, and echoed in the wells of silence.
    • Also, I'm saying this with the best heart in mind: You have one week to device how PS4 players are going to challenge each others. They were using the unranked queue and the immortal one. Now that both are gone, I hope they get a way to do it because it's a feature they've been asking since the beginning (I always wondered why they can't challenge, if it's a Sony's prohibition or what... question for Cory).
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • The Immortal Gauntlet has been in the works for some time now, personally really excited for the future of Immortal and hope everyone else is as well.

Our Immortal Page has been updated with the new set-up in case you need a quick reference.

We also have a small giveaway going on here, if you'd like to share your excitement and maybe win one of the top Immortal decks in the process.

Finally, reminder the next Immortal Championship is on June 3rd and hope to see everyone there!
    • Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with both the immortal and standard unranked queues gone, how will people be able to test decks? It seems silly to bring a untested immortal deck right into a 500p Gauntlet. Is the only way now to look for people in general chat that want to play and then challenge them?
    • Cool to see a gauntlet for immortal coming in! We just need a que for immortal players to test decks, and ways for ps4 players to challenge eachother. A great way for constructed players to grind value.

Also, Merry Melee still 100p. Not bothering till its a non-plat entry fee or free to enter. Mode is literally gambling.
    • pjvedder wrote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with both the immortal and standard unranked queues gone, how will people be able to test decks? It seems silly to bring a untested immortal deck right into a 500p Gauntlet. Is the only way now to look for people in general chat that want to play and then challenge them?
      You can just ask in chat if anyone want to play immotal and then invite a person who want to play with you to play a match. Just click then player name in chat.
    • pjvedder wrote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with both the immortal and standard unranked queues gone, how will people be able to test decks? It seems silly to bring a untested immortal deck right into a 500p Gauntlet. Is the only way now to look for people in general chat that want to play and then challenge them?
      We have plenty of community Discords with Immortal channels, where you can find likeminded people easily!
    • Fantastic updates Hex!! Immortal Gauntlets are everything I wanted in the game. I have no words for how great this is for the format, and constructed in general.

I do have one question, though: Why are Cosmic Coins not a part of prizes?
      This is going down the path that I feared with them. They should be thought of as "Highly invested PvP play rewards" and not be limited to Cosmic ladder only. It just feels odd, that's all.

But, great update anyhow. I can't believe I get to have on-demand constructed, let alone Immortal!
    • pjvedder wrote:

Exactly. The addition of the gauntlet is great. But why remove the free queue?

Makes no sense to me. :(
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • I like the AA choices for VIP. I was wondering where those AA's were going to come from. But man I wish these were announced before the first tournament started, knowing what you're entering for is pretty important to me (This isn't new for this set of AA's either).

The new Merry Melee mode actually looks really fun. This might be the first one I keep playing after the sleeve.

Now immortal gauntlet is huge and adding the AA's to it are sweet. But the fact is i'm not excited by it now and more just have the reaction of 'finally'. Constructed Gauntlet should never have been removed in the first place and taking just under 2 years to bring it back is even worse. Constructed is something that I need to stay constantly up to date with to be interested in and the fact you spent so long not thinking constructed players were worth enough to even have an demand queue for so long made me stop playing it. I'll still probably play it a bit but i'll never take it seriously again because the investment to do so at this point would just be too much for me. It is still an overall good thing for the game though even if it's a good thing only happening because a horrible thing was done first.